Thirteen

Completely happy fangirl

 

 

 

 

I felt my heart dropping a little as he named the book.

 

The book.

 

I really hadn't though of it even though I had carried it around all the time, it had just slipped out of my mind.

 

I didn't like the fact that he would know what I was scared of, but at the same time he couldn't read the last one. So it didn't matter that much.

 

After many sights I took up the little book and gave it to him.

 

With curios eyes he opened the first page.

 

“You don't know how to ride a bike?” he asked.

 

I nodded.

 

“Oh, that's hard... But a promise is a promise. Tomorrow afternoon I'm free, how about we meet at the SM gate then?”

 

 

The next day at afternoon I was standing with a helmet on my head, trembling just at the though of riding a bike again.

 

Well, this ain't gonna make me happy, I though.

 

Jonghyun had this bike you could borrow to ride around town. We went to Hanriver were actually some other people was also training to ride bikes despite that they were children with their parents.

 

“Do we have to go to a place with people?” I asked feeling my knees getting week.

 

“Tell me one place in Seoul which it big enough to ride a bike and there's no people,” he said, wearing those glasses and that cap again. “Why are you being so scared?”

 

“When I was a kid I fell from a bike and broke my leg. Since then I start to sweat just when I think about going on a bike. But... This is... I don't know, I'm probably gonna kill the other kids,” I said feeling nervous just by leading the bike next to me.

 

He suddenly stopped and turned towards me. “No, you won't,” he said.

 

I just stared at him in disbelief.

 

“You can't ride a bicycle looking like that,” he said. “You look like you've seen a dragon or something. You will for sure kill the kids around and probably yourself.”

 

I felt embarrassed my feelings were so obvious.

 

“No,” he said with a smirk, “we begin a bit simpler.”

 

He waved me away from the bike and placed himself on it.

 

“Come,” he said and before I knew it he had suddenly grabbed my waist and lifted me onto the steer. I just gasped, feeling how my whole body tighten as I was on the bike.

 

“Jonghyun...” I merely whispered. I could feel his chest press against my back as he stepped on the pedals.

 

“Don't be scared Hanbyul-ah, You'll be safe with me,” he said.

 

First I though I would cry as we rode along Hanriver in what I though was life threatening speed. But after some turns back and forth and feeling Jonghyuns secure aura as he rode the bike with me almost lying on him the panicking feelings were easing. He was confident and calm and it was contagious. Soon I was laughing and sometimes screaming a little when he turned or gave the bike more speed.

 

We went around probably for half an hour before he stopped. I turned around, still sitting on the steer with a really big smile to face a little sweaty, but happy Jonghyun.

 

“That's the spirit,” he said when he saw my face.

 

“That was actually fun!” I answered excited. “I though I would die!”

 

“And see? No harm was done. You're completely fine. It's just in your head that's bicycling is dangerous,” he said and leaned back at the saddle.

 

“Yea,” I said and prepared to jump down but somehow my shoelaces had gotten tangled in the steering-device and when I tried to jump down my feet kind of stayed up -

 

I fell headlong to the ground, doing the biggest faceplant in my life history, and I had some awardworthy ones in my repertoire.

 

First nothing existed except the sound my body made as it hit the ground and the starstrucking pain that was immersing my body. It ing hurt so much. Then I heard how the bike was dropped on the ground and felt how some hands were turning me to my back.

 

“Hanbyul!” Jonghyun said staring down on me with a really upset expression on his face. “Are you OK?!”

 

I gurgled to answer him. He started untying my shoes from the bike, muttering something about unbelievable.

 

I actually hadn't broke anything. Jonghyun carried me to the nearest bench and bought me an ice-cream and soon the pain was just dull, telling me it would become bruises all over my body and especially in my face.

 

We went back with the bike and then we started heading to SM again.

 

“Hanbyul,” Jonghyun suddenly said.

 

“What?” I asked when he didn't proceed.

 

“Sorry that I lied,” he said.

 

“What?”

 

“When I said bicycling wasn't dangerous. If you're so clumsy that you manage to hurt yourself on a stationary bike even breathing must be dangerous.”