Unexpected Phone Call

Foolish

Tiffany and Siwon were having their usual day together. Siwon decided to make dinner for the two of them but his wife insisted to help witnessing him the last time he was left in the kitchen alone causing a mess. 

She was busy peeling potatoes when the phone rang, Siwon was about to turn the stove's flame into low so he could get the phone but Tiffany stood up to it's direction.

"I'll get it!" she ran towards the ringing phone.

"Yoboseo?"

"Tiffany."

It was a familiar voice she haven't heard for a long time.

"Ryeowook oppa?" she asked the man on the other line.

"Tiffany! How are you? And Siwon? Is he doing well?" Ryeowook asked his younger sister.

"He's doing good. His recovery is fast." Tiffany was constantly talking to his brother from time to time. He knew the stories that happened between Tiffany and Siwon. Ryeowook was a witness to this couple.

"That's good to hear."

"Um, why did you call Wookie oppa?" Tiffany asked curiously. His brother wouldn't normally call unless it's urgent.

"Tiffany, Dad had a heart attack. He's unconscious for two days now."

Silence was only thing Tiffany could give at that time. She was dumbfounded  by the news Ryeowook just said. Her father, the one who forsaked her for choosing the man she loves, is almost on his deathbed. A lot of thoughts came flying in. What would she do? How would Siwon react now that he knows almost everything.

"Tiffany? Are you still there?" the man on the other line wanted to confirm if Tiffany was still with him. She hasn't spoken a single word.

"W-What happened oppa??" she asked in worry.

"He was on the phone when he suddenly bursted into anger, then we saw him already clasping his chest and having a hard time to breather. We didn't had the chance to see who he was talking to." Ryeowook explained.

"H-How's mom??" her mom was another load to her worry. Tiffany loves her mom so much because she understands her the most. She was also the first one to accept Siwon was part of their family, wholeheartedly. Most of all, her mother defended Tiffany to her dad.

"Mom is fine. Jinki is looking over her while I take care of things here in the hospital." Ryeowook said in a slight flustered tone.

"Tiffany?" 

"Yes?"

"Can you come home? It's not that I'm foretelling everything but I think we don't have much time left. Dad needs to see you. I hope things get settled before--" 

Tiffany did not let Ryeowook finish. Tears were forming in the sides of her eyes reminding her of the painful times she had with her dad. But at that time, Tiffany did not feel remorse, she felt sadness. After all, it is her dad.

"I'm coming home. I'm bringing Siwon with me." Tiffany said.

Ryeowook stood silent on what Tiffany said, she's coming home with the man that caused the chaos between his father and Tiffany. He was not sure if it was a good idea but the fact that her younger sister is coming home without second thought, he just brushed off the feeling.

"O-okay, just tell me when."

"I will. See you soon oppa. Take care of everyone there, goodbye." Tiffany said in a low voice.

"You too. Take care of Siwon. See you soon. Bye." Then Ryeowook hung up while Tiffany dropped the phone back. She stood at the doorway of the kitchen thinking to herself. She didn't noticed that she was spacing out when Siwon called her.

"Hun, who was that?" Siwon looked over at Tiffany's direction and saw her spacing out not minding his question. He put off the stove's flame and went to Tiffany while taking off his apron.

"Is there something wrong Tiffany?" he hugged Tiffany by the waist and pulled her bowed down face. He saw tears forming in her eyes. Siwon was clueless on what was that about but he embraced Tiffany real tight, caressing her hair.

"Dad's sick. We need to come home." Tiffany finally spoke.

Siwon stopped on his feet. The word 'we' means she and him. He didn't knew if it was a good idea ever since Donghae told him about his past. 

"Okay. Okay. Stop crying baby. He'll be alright. We'll go together. Alright?"

Siwon kissed her in the forehead while tightening his grip on her small frame. His words  made Tiffany feel a little lighter. She was feeling regret on the fact she didn't had the chance to apologize while her father was well. Tiffany wanted to get hold of the chance while it's still there.

-------------------

A/N: Sorry for the short update, I'm at a friend's house doing our final plate. PC is a bit slow. Hehe, promise to upload when I get home. Thanks!~