Stars

Invisible

" We're having dinner with L.joe and the boys tonight, okay?" Su Ji said as she packed the stuff in her locker. 

My locker is just next to hers. " okay. okay." I said and stuff my stuffs into my locker.

She shoved me away from my locker and start arraging everything properly for me, " you should arrange it properly, so that it is easier to find it when you need your stuff!"

I stand next to her and look at the way she arrange my stuff, books aside, stationeries aside, everything is so tidy," actually it's a waste of energy you know. I always get to find my stuff."

Su Ji glare at me," remember that time you almost turn over your locker because you can't find your keychain?" She ended her sentence with a smirk.

*what? keychain? oh, that keychain. It's a picture of me and himchan made into a keychain.*

"bwoh? Just once.  And it's important." I replied her when she close my locker door.

" Key please." She said. I handed her my locker key and she locked my locker.

" yea. Important. of course it is. It's from Himchan. Do you like him actually?' She asked and shoved my keys backed into my hands.

" asih, how many times do I need to say that we are just friends?" I said and lean against my locker while she is still busying arranging hers.

" then why do you freaked out so much when you lose that keychain?' Su Ji asked.

" he made it with his own money. I just really appreciate it." I said.

" ahh. whatever. where is the keychain anyway?' Su Ji asked me and locker her own locker. *yay, she's finally done* 

" it's in my drawer at home." 

" let's go to class." Su Ji fianlly said and we finally get to go to class after she arranged her locker for like 10 centunries. 


While everyone is busy doing their worksheet in the class, I am just staring at my worksheet, my soul is probaly travelling all around the world now. 

-Flashback-

After practice Himchan and I were eating in a restaurant, sitting across each other. 

" yea, we would like a kimchi stew soup..ahh, I think that's all." Himchan smiled to the female waitress and hand back the menu to her.

The waitress shyly smiled to him, " neh. wait for a moment." Himchan is the kind of guy that noona dongsaeng or what ever person will die if he smiled to them.

" yah, this is for you." He dug deep into his pocket and took out something.

I took it over, " what is it?"  It is a keychain. " what is this for?' I smiled a little over his choice of picture. It was a stupid picture of us doing retarted expressions. 

"it's a celebration for our 2nd year of being friends." He said .

" Celebration? 2nd year? " I asked him with a big smile on my face.

" yeah. 2 years ago, a blur girl join taekwondo class and kick like a chicken." He said and let out a soft chuckle. " keep it properly yea.I bought it with my own money."

"I will forgive you this time, thank you' I said and lift up the keychain.

-End of flashback- 

'Yah. yah. ____, why are you staring and the paper and smilling to it.. which question are you at?" Eun Joo, the girl that sits next to me asked.

" ahh..yeh? I am just.....nothing...I am at number 1." I said.

" yah, I am almost done." Eun Joo said.

I grabbed her paper and started copying hers, " thank you." 


" _____, why don't you call Himchan over and join us?" Niel asked as he chewed his rice.

" neh, call him over. I like him." CAP said while drinking his strawberry juice.

everyone just stare at CAP. 

" Don't get me wrong guys. I mean, as a friend." He said and raised up his hands above his head, like he surrender.

" Hyung, take this and rub off the drop of strawberry juice that is dropping down from you lips, you look like a ert." Ricky said and hand over a piece of tissue to CAP.

CAP took it and wipe his mouth. 

" Neh, I will call him now." I took out my phone and stopped eating. 

I dailed his number and no one picked up. 

" No one picked up." I saidand continue eating. 

" forget about it then." CAP said with a sad duck face.

All of us stare at him once again.

" Hyung, I thought you like Eun Joo-shi?' Chanjo asked him.

" EUN JOO! YOU LIKE EUNJOO? WAH! DAEBAK! I AM CLOSE TO HER!" I said and almost split out rice.

" you better don't tell her, she doesn't know." CAP said.

" I won't. good luck. she's a good person." I said.

I look over to L.joe and Su Ji and I guess they're having a good time together. 

" ahh,L.joe, you like this. take this." Su Ji dropped a piece of meat into L.joe's bowl.

" ahh. thank you. You like cucumbers right? This is for you." L.joe dropped a slice of cucumber into her bowl. 

*oh god. this is awkward*

" ____, try calling again!" Chunji said to me. I did not hear him since I was too absorb into staring at l.joe and Su Ji.

"______?" Chunji said once again.

" ahh..yeahhh...I will try now." I snapped back into reality and took out my phone. Himchan picked up.

" ahh....Himchan ahh, where are you?" I asked Himchan.

" I am just at home. And I was watching tv just now so I missed your call." Himchan said through the phone.

"Ask him to come over." CAP whisper.

I just nodded to him and continue talking to Himchan," Ohh. So you're free right now right? Do you want to come and join me and my friends?" 

"ohh, yea. no problem. where?" He asked. " 

"ohh, Kimchi House, the one near your house." I said to him.

" neh. give me 10 mins."

' So is he coming?' Ricky asked while chewing his food.

" yeah." I answerd him and start eating again.


" Ohh, you're here! Sup man!" CAP said and fist bump Himchan.

"ahnyeong! ahnyeong! ahnyeong!" All the other guys greeted Himchan. 

"hey." Himchan said and sat down.

" yo man, what have you been up to? " CAP asked Himchan while they're sitting across each other. yea, Himchan is not sitting across me, but CAP. I'm sitting across Ricky and next to Chunji.

" Oh, nothing much, I found this new video game....." Himchan and CAP started chatting. They look good together. They get along really well.

" EWWW. I don't like this thing." Ricky said and dropped something into my bowl.

" What is it?" I just look at it.

" It's some kind of veggie." Ricky said with a disgusted face.

" Don't waste food. Think of the affricans." I said and ate that veggie. " Doesn't taste that bad."

" are you a rubbish bin or soemthing?" Ricky asked.

I threw a broccoli at him, " yah. shut up. I don't waste food like you. Eat this." 

He threw it back to me. " how am I supossed to eat it when you throw it at my face?"

"Stop it guys. just eat it." Chunji said and drank his soup.

" You eat it." Me and Ricky said it together and dropped the piece of broccoli into Chunji's bowl.

Chunji almost splited out his soup.


"let's all walk home together this time." L.joe said with a serious face.

" no. Hyung, we don't need to. " Niel said to L.joe.

l.joe hang his arms over Niel's shoulder and slowly creep it up to his neck. " what do you think?  Walk home together or not?"

Niel is super scared of him. " together." l.joe let off him.

Well, Himchan needs to walk to another direction. " Bye guys!" he waved to us.

"Bye!" all of us said. " I will miss you." CAP added.

Himchan just turned back and smile at him, and everyone just stare at him and let out a sigh. " bwoh?" He said.


And now, everyone had gone home. Just me and L.joe.

" You don't need to walk with me. you can go your way." I said to him while we walk the dark streets under the dimp street lamp.

" I need to pass by your house to get back to my house." He said.

*wow, the moon tonight looks super bright and starts are not that bright tonight.* I thoguht to myself when I look up at the sky.

*why isn't she saying anything? oh, she's watching the nightsky.* 

" You love looking at the nigthsky?" L.joe asked me.

"neh, I love it." I replied , still looking.

" the moon tonight is like, so bright." L.joe replied, looking at the noghtsky.

" I like the stars more. everyone always realize the moon first, because it is big and beautiful but if you pay attention to the little creatures beside the moon, they're pretty too, not many people wil realize them because they're hanging on the same sky with the moon." I said. " The stars are just like me" I said it really softly.

*"the stars are just like me" she said it really softly, but I heard it. she sounded hurt.*

" aniya.I love the stars." L.joe said and look at me.

" but you just said that the moon is bright without even saying the stars are beautiful." I said finally not looking at the nightsky but him.

" whatever. I really like them. ahh, I don't have your phone number, may I have it?" L.joe said and took out his phone.

" ahh, why would you even need my phone number. 010-2797-5588." I said it to him. Even thought I said he won't need it, but I still gave it to him, weird me.

my phone rang and it was an unknown number I picked it up, " Yoboseyo, this is L.joe." The person on the phone which is next to me said.

He ended the call and saved my number into his contacts list. " I will save it as ahjumma." he said pressed the buttons on his phone.

" I will save it as L.Joey ahjussi then." I really took out my phone and saved it as L.joey ahjussi.

We both let out a soft chuckle after that. " yah, goodbye ahjussi." I said as we arrived infront of my house. 

" goodbye ahjumma." L.joe said and let out a soft chuckle.

* I feel really comfortable with her, it's a different kind of feeling with Su Ji, it is kind of awkward with her.*


As I lay on my bed, I keep thinking the scence where L.joe and Su Ji exchange food. wait, I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous. 

my phone suddenly beep and it was a new message.

" I really like the stars alot, they're not very obvious on the nightsky today, but they're special to me." This is a message from L.joey ahjussi.

* So the stars are not as invisible as me. Finally, I found someone that love the stars*

I don't know why but I keep smilling and feel warm inside.


* I went home and look at the nightsky throguh my room's window, yep, they're actually beautiful too. " They're just like me" This sentence keep ringing in my head, she sounded really hurt, I guess she felt left out when she's with the moon, Su Ji. I don't know  why but  I really want to cheeer her up. So I took my phone and sent a message to the ahjumma that love stars, hope that she will cheer up after seeing that* 

' Goodnight, beautiful stars." L.joe said while he is looking at the stars through the window.