Diary

Invisible

Himchan and the nurse walked sides by sides to a cafe . The nurse changed into casual clothing while Himchan was still holding all his bags in his hands. He still doesn't know her name. 

" What is it that you want to tell me? " She asked while walking with her hands in her pockets. Himchan promised to tell her once they find a place to sit down and talk so she recommended this cafe down the streets. There was no problem from Himchan because he was panting like crazy while walking down the streets with all his bags and stuff. 

The nurse turned to her side and saw Himchan panting , she laughed and took over a bag from his hands without saying a thing , Himchan was shocked , " You don't need to do that, that's heavy , give it back to me." He said.

The nurse replied him with a sweet smile and quickened her pace, he watched her as he walked behind her and let out a soft chuckle. The nurse turned around , " Faster! We are here! " She said as she stopped infront of the cafe. Himchan quickened his pace a little bit more and went in behind her. 

They were both welcomed by the aroma of coffee. " What do you want to drink?" She asked Himchan.

" Anything." Himchan replied. Himchan wasn't a coffee drinker. 

The nurse rolled her eyes at him playfully and threw his bag at him , " Go and find a table for two then. I will order the drinks."  She said and walked away.

Himchan looked around and the cafe wasn't crowded , he walked over to this small table in the corner and dropped all of his stuff on the floor. His shoulder were aching from carrying the bags. 

After awhile, the nurse came with a tray in her hands. They were two cups of coffee on the tray. She set the tray on the table and sat down. " This is for you." She said after placing that cup of hot coffee infront of Himchan. Himchan nodded and thanked her.

" So...." She said and took a sip of her coffee. Himchan knew what she wanted to ask and he finds it really funny how she was so curious about it so Himchan decided to abit. 

" What's your name? " He asked with a slight smirk. 

" Soyool. Shin Soyool. What aout you?" She asked while a smile. 

" Himchan. Kim Himchan." Himchan said and took the money out from the envelope. " Yours." He placed the money on the table and pushed it towards her. 

" What? " Her eyes widened. 

Himchan laughed at her reaction , " Remember? There's once there's a girl that you helped? " He asked. 

" Ahhhhh.. I remember. Please return her the money. How is she doing? Is the baby healthy?" Soyool asked and pushed the money back to Himchan.

" Take it. She will kill me if you don't take it. The baby.... she experienced a miscarriage. " Himchan said and pushed it towards her again.

" Then....then....thank you then. Oh my, what happened to the baby? Is she okay right now?" Soyool said and finally took the money.

Himchan pursed his lips and nodded , " It's a long story. She's doing well. Thanks for helping her when she needed help." 

" You're welcome. Are you her boyfriend?" Soyool sipped on her coffee after asking asking.

" Why? Are you interested in me?" Himchan asked jokingly. 

Soyool almost choke on her coffee after hearing that , Himchan laughed at her reaction. 

" No, no. I am seriously just asking." Soyool protested. 

Himchan let out a soft chuckle , " I am not. I am a.... friend. Who are you to her ? Why did you decided to help her?" Himchan asked.

Soyool let out a sigh, " Because working in a place that takes away lives everyday is not my dream , it's just my job and her wish at that time was to keep her child, that's why I helped her." Soyool said.

Himchan was confused. Take away lives everyday? " What kind of clinic take away lives everyday?" Himchan asked, confused.

Soyool eyes widened, " You don't know what clinic I work at?" She asked Himchan with wide eyes.

Himchan shook his head.

" A black clinic that does illegal surgeries. Mostly....abortion." Soyool said and lowered her head.

So that's the reason why she was acting so weird when Himchan went it. Himchan finally understand now.

" You don't seem to like your job." Himchan said.

" I don't . I am just working there because I couldn't find anywhere else to work at. " She answered immideatly. " Why? Are you looking for a job ? Do you want to take over my place?" She asked jokingly to light up the atmosphere.

Himchan looked at her and smile. He had the urge to protect her. 

" Where do you live? " Himchan asked, wanting to know more about her. 

" In a small underground garage. It's cheap there. Cheaper than any apartments. " She said proudly.

Himchan wanted to ask her to move to his apartment with him ,  but isn't saying that to a person that you just met weird? Himchan was so into his own thoughts that he forgot to reply her. Maybe she found it awakward , " Mmmm...I guess, I need to go now." She said. 

Himchan snapped out of his own thoughts , " Ohh..ahhh...mmm let me walk you home." He said.

" It's okay. It's just a few steps away. " She said and stood up.

Himchan stood up too , " Just let me do it. " He said cooly.

He took his bags and Soyool walked behind him , they walked out of the cafe , " lead the way." He said.

" Stand next to me. Not behind me." She said and pouted.

Himchan smiled and stood next to her.

 They started walking down the streets and they are getting to know each other. She was born in a complicated family , her family is a mess , but... she is still a very bright person. Himchan finds her so amazing. 

They reached her place and stood infront of the underground garage. Himchan peeped at the stairs leading to the underground garage. She saw and laughed, " Alright. It's nice to meet you. Goodbye." She said with a bight grind.

" Do you have a cellphone?" Himchan asked and looked away.

Soyool laughed again, he's the awkward-cute kind of person, " I do." She nodded. 

" I..I... What's your number?" He asked.

" Give me your cellphone." She streched out her hand.

Himchan passed it to her and she saved her own number is his phone. " There you go. " She said and turned around.

" Bye! " Himchan said while she watched her walk down the stairs slowly disapearing.

Meanwhile, L.Joe is still stuck in Jeju. He needs to finish this Jeju project and he's glad that it's completing soon.

He sat on the coach in his office while scanning thorugh his phone. Hoping that you left some sort of traces on some social media, but to his dissapointment , there's nothing. And then his phone suddenly rang , he picked it up.

" Yoboseyo?" He said.

" Yoboseyo. My lovely son." The voice on the other line said.

" Oh. Omma. What time is it now in the states. Why aren't you sleeping?" L.Joe asked when he realised that it's his mother.

" Omma couldn't sleep and I really miss you. How's everything over there?" She asked with a lovely voice.

" Everything's good and omma.... after this project, I want to put aside all the office work and attend university. Are you going to support me?" L.Joe asked with a hand holding his phone and the other one on his side supporting his weight.

" Of course I am going to support you. I believe there's someone that is willing to do your job when you attend university." His mother replied.

L.Joe smiled , " Thank you , mom. " He said . 

And then the both of them chit chatted on the phone for hours. They finally hung up and L.Joe could feel his phone burning. He immideatly went to his desk and searched for informaion for his futher studies.

He scrolled and scrolled through the pages , reading the details carefully ,he was excited that he finally has the chance to do what normal people at his age does.

" Oh.. This one sounds good. " He muttered.

On the other hand.....Where are you? What are you doing?

Your POV

I stayed up al night thinking of the future that I always thought would be fun and exciting in the future. I really really miss my family and I want to go home but the thing is I am affraid that they are still angry at me. Has my baby brother grown taller? Are my parents healthy? This brought me to tears and all I did was just wiped it off and let out a smile. Telling myself I am strong enough.

I made the decision that I will go home before I continue my journey to chase my dream. I got up and switched on the lights, I sat up on the bed and opened the drawer next to the bed. There's money that I earned from selling soaps. I calculated the money and it was actually more than enough for myself since the money was actually for my baby. Ahjumma was really nice, she helped me with selling the soap and she hasn't received a single cent from me. 

I took a few pieces of papers and a few envelopes. I sat on the bed and wrote a few letters. I know it's rude to not bid a proper farewell but it's going to be hard for me to do so if I see their teary eyes. I thought of everything and everyone that helped me and of course I left money in ahjumma's envelope. She deserves all these money. 

I packed my bags and left the letters on the table. I left the house with my stuff queitly. I went out of the house with my suitcase and pulled over a cab. The cab driver dropped me at the port. I went to the ticketing counter to check the tickets and the earliest one will be at 6 in the morning. But it was only 3 in the morning at that time but I still bought the ticket.  I sat at the waiting area which faces the sea. It's so quite , so peaceful , I closed my eyes and enjoyed the breeze as the wind pushes my hair back. And then L.Joe's face slowly appeared in my thoughts. He was smiling while waving to me. I opened up my eyes and smiled. I hope that he will be alright. 

I thought it would be hard for me to wait until 6 in the morning. But as I sat there and enjoyed the view, it wasn't that hard. It's already 6 in the morning but there were only a few at the port. There's only a few person taking the same ferry as me. I got into the ferry and settled down my things. 

After a while , the ferry started moving foward and the memories of myself coming to Jeju while crying like a helpless baby came into my mind. I let out a soft chuckle, those hard times are over, I survived through it. Of course, I survived thanks to ahjuma and Himchan.

I felt asleep on the ferry until I felt someone patting my shoulders, " Miss.....misss...we are here a Busan already." 

I woke up and looked at the crew member. I thanked her for waking me up. I fixed my hair, gathered my things and quickly went off. 

I went off and bought a bus ticket to get back to Seoul. I was so excited to see my family. The bus arrived at te station and I quickly hopped onto the bus. 

After that , the bus arrived at Seoul. I got off and inhaled the air of the city of Seoul. I really miss this place. I hurried back home and here I am , standing infront of my house. 

Even thought I was really excited , I didn't have the courage to ring the door bell, so I just stood there and looked at the door. Suddenly , the door opened up and my mum and my brother came out. My brother was wearing his kindergarten unifrom , he saw me and ran to me, he gave me a tight hug while my mum just stood there. shocked. 

I carried my younger brother and oh boy he gained weight and grew taller. I walked towards my mum with my brother in my embrace, " Omma..." I called out. I felt like crying , my voice was shaking, my mum lost so much weight and she looked so haggard. My heart ached so much seeing her like that. There were tears in her eyes and she smiled. 

I let go of my brother and hugged my mum. My mum hugged me back and patted my back, " Where have you been all this while?" She asked and pulled away from the hug. I looked down to the floor ,I didn't want to tell her that I went through so much , I don't want her to feel sad. They probably thought I got married with L.Joe or I aborted the baby and ran away with L.Joe. 

I kept quiet and my mum spoke again , " Doesn't matter then , as long as you're back, I am happy. " She said and held my hands. I looked up and nodded.

" Are you sending dongsaeng (younger brother ) to kindergarten? Which kindergarten does he go to? He wasn't in kindergarten yet when I left. " I said and pinched my brother's cheek.

" He goes to the one that you went to. " Omma said. 

" Let's send him to kindergarten then. " I said excitedly. Forgetting my suitcase that I left behind. Omma pointed at it and smiled.

" Ahhhh." I ran to it and picked it up. I quickly put it into the house and closed the door.

Omma shook her head while smilling. We got into omma's car and dongsaeng fell asleep at the backseat right after getting into the car. I laughed and put on my seatbelt while omma drove.

" How's appa?" I finally asked.

" He really misses you alot. " Omma said with her eyes fixated on the road. 

" I miss him too...." I said and let out a sigh.

" He will be happy to see you later." Omma said. 

I smiled and nodded. Hoping that dad will be happy to see me.

We dropped my brother at his kindergarten and went back home. I followed omma and walked behind her as we walked into the house. 

We walked in and appa was reading his newspaper on the coach , " You're back." He said without looking at omma. 

" Not only me. " Omma said in a cheerful tone.

" What are you saying? Stop joking. " Appa said jokingly. He thought omma was joking so he continued reading his newspaper.

" Look who's back too." Omma said and lead me infront because I was hiding behind her all these time.

Appa looked up and his mouth was wide opened. 

" Appa...." I said. He stood up and came to me , still shocked.

" I thought you will never come back. " He said and touched my face.

" I miss you. ' I said with my shaking voice. 

" Where have you been?" He asked, concerned.

" Doesn't matter anymore. I am back right now." I said and hugged him, avoiding the question.

We sat down and had breakfast together. Been so long since the last time we did this together. 

I told omma and appa about my future plans and they are supporting me. I felt so happy .

A day passed and it's nightime again, why did I say again? Oh well, it's because....everynight...I will always miss L.Joe a little more. This person is seriosuly something , I tried so hard to get over him but I couldn't and he's all that I think about when I lay on bed before sleeping. 

END OF YOUR POV

L.Joe sat on his bed with a diary and pen in his hands. What is he doing?  He never ever write diary......

L.Joe's diary :

Monday        7th of October 2014

This is my first time writing a diary , well not really a diary. more like a letter, I am going to write everything about my day and everything that I want to say to you in this diary so that you will be able to read it when we meet again.

I don't know where are you right now but you left Jeju and went after your dreams. Wahhh, you're really daebak! Figthing ! And I will miss you so much.  ㅠㅡㅠ

I went to ahjuma's place to look for you today and guess what...  you left already and I became good friends with Himchan! But he left too .... aish ....what's wrong with you both, leaving me alone in Jeju.  ㅠㅡㅠ

I might go crazy if I continue talking to my diary everyday, I already feel crazy even though this is the first day. ㅋㅋㅋ 

But I will continue writing until we meet again,because I believe that we will meet again. Goodnight......saranghae. 


 

Hey readers! I am back! 

I did not update this fic for weeks because of my exams. 

And TADAH! It's finally updated! 

Leave a comment below and tell me what do you think alright?

I LOVEEEE comments! I LOVEEEEE interacting with my readers! 

And here's a picture of L.Joe :

 HE LOOKS SO GOOD. HE WASN'T EVEN TRYING. 

And dum dum dum dum~ What do you think will happen next in this fic? 

Kekekke~ GOODBYEEE! Saranghae , my readers!