Fix It

Invisible

Today just seem like one of these days after our graduation, carefree, waiting for time to pass. That's it.

I am still under training, L.Joe is still working on the enrollment of the college.

L.Joe came to my house to hang out. We decided to bake a cake since it's already our 6th month anniversarry! 

3 months ago , on this day, we were still in school, being a high school student.

And now, we are here, baking cake, as a high school graduate that needs to start worrying for our future.

We both wore aprons and then we start working on the batter.

" Do you think we need to add more flour?" I asked L.Joe.

He looked at me, took out his phone, and snapped a picture of me stirring the batter in a big bowl.

He then started laughing.

" Yah, waeee? " I asked while I run over to him to snatch his phone.

He raised his hands up so I couldn't reach for it. I jumped and jumped , he just laughed and hugged me.

I struggle to get away from his embrace, " yah show me before I kill you." 

He let go and show me the picture, I have flour on my nose! 

" You better delete the picture!" I said.

He smiled and rubbed away the flour on my nose, " It's okay. You look cute.  Let's continue baking."

His smile looked bitter, I can feel that something is wrong, but I know if I asked him at that moment, he would have answered me that he is fine.

We waited for the cake to be done in the oven while we sat on the couch in the living room.

We watched a variety show, it was so funny, I was laughing so hard, and then I look to the side and I realized.... I was laughing alone. He was staring at the television but he is in deep thoughts.

I leaned onto his shoulder and asked him softly, " what's wrong?"

" Nothing's wrong." He said and continue staring at the television.

The timer rang.We both went to the kitchen to see check the cake out. 

The cake turned out bad. It wasn't still wet and in batter form.

L.Joe looked very angry, I don't know why. He grabbed the cake and rushed to the bin to throw it away.

Before he manage throw it, I grabbed his hands, " Don't throw it away." I spoke softly and look into his eyes

I took the cake from his hands and set it down on the table. I took his hands in my mine and look deeply into his eyes.

He squinted his eyes and let out a long sigh.

" why? Is something wrong? " I asked softly.

No response from him.

I continued talking , "If something is wrong, we don't throw it away, we fix it." 

His eyes started getting teary and stil, no response from him.

I smiled softly , " Same goes to this cake, we put effort into it, but it did not turn out well, if you just throw it away, it's like throwing all your effort into the bin and.... everything will be gone." 

He looked at me, nodded and smiled, " Okay! Let's fix this." 

And then we continued adding ingredients to the batter and fixing the batter, it finally turned out well. 

" see, we did it." I said while holding the cake.

" Yes, in the future, if we face any troubles. Promise me, we will fix it but not give up, arraso?" L.Joe and smiled softly.

" Arraso." I said and hugged him.


L.Joe took a long walk back alone. The night, the wind was strong he saw a guy sending a girl back home in his nice sports car.

* And here I am walking home, What can I give ____ ? She truly is a nice girl, she stayed with me even though I cannot give her much* L.Joe thought.

L.Joe finally reached home, he headed to his room ignoring the greetings from the maids.

He opened the door and here he saw his mum sitting on the bed looking, holding a picture frame.

She saw L.Joe and smiled " You're back"

He walked towards the bed to see what picture frame she is holding, he saw that it was his picture that he took with you during graduation.

He snatched it back and placed it bsck on the night lamp stand.

" you don't need to hide it. I know everything." she said and threw out a few pictures on the floor.

L.Joe quickly picked up the pictures to see,  It was the picture of him and you hanging out together.

" Eh ? you hire people to follow us eh? CAN YOU JUST RESPECT ME. PLEASE?" L.Joe said and started tearing all the pictures.

" So , she is your girlfriend, same age as you, dating for some time, stay near the school, from a small family ." She smiled after saying it.

" WAE? WAE? DON'T DO ANYTHING TO HER" L.Joe was boiling in anger

She started looking at her nicely polished nails , " hmmm, you really love her eh? But what can you give her? You had always walked her home, eat normal food, buy her normal things, yes, this might mean alot to you guys but , you are going to live like this in the future?"

L.Joe stood there and he didn't know what to say, it was quite true.

She continued, " In the future, you need to survive on your own and when you have family you need to pay all the bills and take care of your family. You have a chance to step one step foward before the others, but you choose to just be like the others, sutdying in college then graduate and look for a job. If you really love her, give her more." 

She stood up and left the room.

That night, L.Joe changed into comfortable clothes and lay on the bed, it was a sleep-less night for him.

His mum words and your words keep ringing in his head, 

"If something is wrong, we fix it." 

" If you love her, give her more."