Replacement

Invisible

Waking up to Himchan's morning text messages had became a part of my daily life. My phone rang in the morning and I thought it was Himchan, but this time, it's not him.

" I need someone to talk to, are you free today? It's a weekend." - L.Joe

uh-uh, should I go? Should I continue avoiding him? " Thanks for caring about me when I have no one." His words rang in my head again. I screamed at my room's ceiling and messed up my own hair. 

" L.Joe, Himchan, L.Joe, Himchan, L.Joe. Alright. let's think about it, L.Joe really needs someone while Himchan, I can hang out with him anytime I want and he doesn't seem to need me alot today. So, L.Joe!" I talked to my own reflection on the mirror in the bathroom.

My phone that I left on the bed started ringing and I rushed to it. 

" Yoboseyo?" I said.

" jagiya, are you awake?" Himchan asked.

" Yeah. Sure, do I sound like I just woke up to you?" I said and chuckled. I normally wake up when I received his calls so I guess he was shocked.

" wow, what a special day! Someone woke up early!" Himchan mocked me.

" yeah yeah yeah." 

" Let's go out for breakfast and then watch a movie or something."

" errrmm, I am not really feeling well today, I am sorry...." 

" It's okay! Are you alright? Rest! " Himchan sounded worried.

" of course! I am alright! I will! Take care!" I said and ended the phone call.

Himchan's POV

So she's sick. Let me give her a surprise. 

I went to a shop nearby, " Ahjuhma, do you know what is good for a sick person?" I asked.

" Porridge is great. " The ahjumma said.

" Give me a bowl of porridge please, take away." I said and smiled.

" young man, are you sick?" The ahjumma asked me while I was waiting for the food to be ready.

" ahh, no. My girlfiriend is. " I said and rubbed the back of my neck.

" wahh, what a caring boyfriend. Here. Take it go and take care of her." The ahjumma handed me the porridge.

I stopped infront of ______'s house, I took a deep breath before pressing the door bell, I cant wait to see her shock expression, a smile naturally spread on my face.

____'s mother came out and asked, " Hello, who are you looking for?"

"Ahnyeonghaseyo! I am looking for _____." I bowed and smiled.

" I am sorry but she just went out"

" ohhh, thank you then." I bowed again and left.

Where did she go? isn't she sick?

I passed by this coffe shop and I wanted to buy a cup of coffee just to clear my mind off.

I looked inside the coffee shop before entering the shop and I saw ______ , I wanted to rush to her but then I found of she's with someone.....L.Joe. 

The porridge that I was holding dropped onto the ground as I watch them. The more I watch them , the worse my heart feels, it feels it broke into millions pieces. Just like a knife stabbing into my heart. But I just can't stop looking at them.

I choose to believe that she's not cheating on me, I choose to believe that she has her own reasons, because....she's my only one.

==End of Himchan's POV==

" How is your hand?" I asked L.joe which is sitting right across me.

" It's better. " L.Joe said and drank his coffee.

" why did you ask me out today, anyway?" I asked.

" I feel lonely. " He said.

I froze there for a few seconds and came back to my senses. 

" so did your father force you back to the states again?" I asked

"Nope. Not yet. I bet he has alot of plans going on to get me back." L.joe said and sighed.

" Well, is US really that bad that you dont want to go back?" I asked.

" No. I just like here better." He looked around and smiled.

" What's better here?" 

" The...people" He said.

" The people there is bad?" I asked and chuckled. 

" I remember there's once , the kids wanted to pick up a fight because I was tiny and it will be great for them to bully and then I ran really fast and got rid of them." He said chuckled.

" Why dont you kick their instead or running away? If anyone bully me or my friends, I wont let it pass." I said.

" I was tiny. I am not good at fighthing anyway. " He said and smiled again at his memories.

" let me teach you how to fight. " I said and let out a soft chuckle.

" No thank you. I think you're going to beat me up when you teach me." He made a 'x' sign with his fingers.

" AJAHAJHAHAH. You chicken." I cant stop laughing at him.

" and here comes your ahjumma laugh again." He said.

" it had been long since the last time I laughed like this since bull happened. Be thankful that you got to hear my weird laughter. " I stopped laughing.

" Himchan did not make you laugh? " l.joe asked sarcastically

" he did. He had been a good boyfirend for this 6 months." I said and nodded.

" 6 months already. " He mumbled.

" yeah." 

The atmosphere became awkward. no one knows what to say.

I stood up  " I need to leave now, I am going for dinner with Himchan , I guess. Bye!" 

" uhh..yeah! bye. thanks for your time." He said .

I walked out of the cafe and look at the evening sky while I walk home.

When I got home, I was shocked to see Himchan infront of my house.

" omo, why are you here?" I asked.

He was leaning agaisnt the wall while looking at his own feet.

He looked up and let out a bitter smile " I am waiting for you. Your mum said you went out."

" You waited for a long time, didn't you?" I asked , worried.

" Kind of...." He mumbled. He doesn't look very happy today.

" Well, let's go for dinner!" I said cheerfully and grab his hands.


We were eating and Himchan's mind is obviosuly not there, he had been staring at his food for a really long time.

" Helloo?" I waved my hands infront of his face.

" uhh yeah." He snapped out and poked his chopsticks into his bowl of rice.

" are you okay?" I asked while looking at him.

" I am ...okay. Why did you go out even thought you're not well today?" He asked me.

" I ...went...to ...grab some medicine from the pharmacy for myself. I feel so much better now." I lied to him.

" oh...I see." He said,

This is the most awkward meal I had with him since the first day we met.


Himchan's POV

I will end this after tonight, for her own good, for her happiness.

We are walking home together and I just grabbed her hands and hold her hands, crossing our fingers. The thought that this is the last time makes me hold onto her hands really hard.

" wowow. Why are you holding onto my hand so hard? I wont run away." She said and let out a soft chuckle.

" I don't want to let you go..." I mumbled. I really wanted to change my mind.

" what did you say?" she asked,

" nothing " 

We are arrived infront of her house.

" well, goodbye, see you ...umm....tomorrow?" she smiled and turned around

I grab a hold of her arm and spun her around.

" Let...let's break up." I said. My words hurt my own heart. Crazy.

Her expression turned dark and she remained silent for awhile. We can hear the cricket's singing.

" is something wrong?" She asked.

" I...know...I know....I really know, during these 6 months, your heart wasn't even with me, I am just a replacement right? But don't worry. I am happy being the replacement. I will, I will....let you go. I am happy that I am being used by you. Because.....if it's for you, I can do everything, I can even let you go no matter how much I like you....just for your own happiness. I am not selfish, I won't cling onto you." I said, every word I said cut deep into my heart.

" Himchan...." she said and looked into my eyes.

" Let's end this here.I wont forget those times we spent together." I said and hugged her. One last hug.

I turned around and tears started coming out of my eyes. Memories of us starts to replay in my head. I know she's watching me walk away, so I didn't even make the effort to wipe my tears, I want her to feel happy but not feel sorry for me. 

==End of Himchan's POV==

I watched him as he slowly walked away, tears started rolling down from the corner of my eyes too. 

All he wants is just me to be happy, but all I do...is ...using him. This is crazy. He deserves better. He doesn't deserve this.

6 months.....6 months....so......Here comes the end. 


They broke up.