A year later

Invisible

YOUR POV

Been a year since I came to the US, new country, new culture, new people and everything new. I will always walk around everywhere when I am free with my camera hanging around my neck to capture the baeuty of life. A year of missing L.Joe. 

Made new friends and they are all great people. Friday night, sitting on my bed , I go through the pictures on my camera and smiled. So much memories in just one year. 

My phone rang and I picked it up, it was a Kakaotalk video call from my mum, I was shocked , she should be sleeping instead. 

" Ommaa! Why are you awake? You should be sleeping! " I said once I saw her face. She was sitting on the sofa in our living room. She looks so tired.

" Your brother is sick. I had to take care of him for the whole night and his fever still won't go away." Mother said and sighed. 

I feel bad inside because I should be there , helping my mum. Poor mum.

" Did you bring him to the doctor?" I asked, worried.

" We did. But his fever just won't go away. " Mother said.

" It should be okay if he continues taking his medication then. Don't worry too much and get some sleep, omma. " I said.

" It's okay. I am not tired. I just want to check if everything's going on well over there. " Omma smiled weakly. 

" Everything's good. I was just checking the pictures that I took before you called. Let me show you some. " I grinned and grabbed my camera.

I showed my mum the pictures and she thought they were pretty too. We talked about everything and laughed together.I really miss my family. 

Omma hung up on the call because she needs to get breakfast ready. After putting down my phone, another call came in. A call from the party queen in my college, Cammy.

" Hello?" I picked up the phone call and said.

" Yo! Let's go to the club! " She said excitedly. 

Cammy is seriously a fun and lovely girl, I laughed and said , " No thanks! I went with you last week. I need to rest. I will be going around to take pictures tomorrow morning so... have fun! " I said and hung up the phone call. 

I'm not really into the whole clubbing and meeting guys thing since ..... I know who I want. Seems like every guy in the club reminds me of L.Joe.

But photgraphy was different, it made me appreciate the little things in life. It's important to appreaciate the little things in life, that's the key to happiness. 

I continue looking through the pictures and slowly drifted to sleep. 

END OF YOUR POV

L.Joe on the other hand , was just looking out the window, looking at the stars. Hoping that you are looking at them too as well. Been a year, he's still writting his diary , he will buy you presents and keep them in a box. He hopes that even if one day he dies without meeting you, someone will pass it to you.

His phone rang and he went to grab it, " Hello ? " He said.

" L.Joe...." Yooby said on the other line. She sounds really drunk.

" Yooby! Yes?" L.Joe said, worried. Since Yooby is a wonderful friend to him , she helped him out with everything. L.Joe is thankful to have a friend like her.

" I need to see you now...." Yooby said on ther other line.

" Where are you?" L.Joe said. 

" Outside of the club that I always go. I will send you the address. I will see you then!" Yooby said and hung up the call.

L.Joe changed into decent looking clothes, grabbed his car keys and rushed to the club. He was afraid that Yooby will hurt herself. 

L.Joe arrived and parked his car, he quickly got of to look for Yooby. And there she is , wandering around the streets with no shoes on. L.Joe was so shocked. He rushed over to her, " Yooby! What are you doing? Where's your shoes?"

Yooby's cheeks were red becaue of the alcohol she drank, she looked up and saw L.Joe , she laughed ," Oh..You're here. Let's go for another round wohoo!" She said in Korean fluently.  

L.Joe grabbed her arm, " Stop it. " He said firmly.

Yooby laughed again , " Why do you care about me? Do you like me too?" Yooby said without knowing that she just did an indirect confession. 

L.Joe would have drowned her in a tub of cold water if she wasn't a girl. L.Joe took out his shoes and thank god he had socks on, " Wear this." He kneeled down and placed Yooby's feet into his shoes.

He dragged Yooby along the streets and finally L.Joe found a bench at the end of the street. 

" Why did you drink this much?" L.Joe asked. 

Yooby seemed to be feeling a little bit better , she let out a sigh , " Because if I don't drink enough , I won't have to guts to tell you stuff." She said in Korean again.

L.Joe was dumbfounded , he thought she coudn't speal Korean well , " You speak Korean well when you're drunk. You're weird." L.Joe said and let out a soft chuckle.

" I am just revealing my true self. " She said and looked at L.Joe.

" True self?" L.Joe asked.

" I never told anyone about this. You're the first." She said and pointed at L.Joe. " I lied. I told you I was born and raised in the States while my parents are Korean right? Lies! Those are all lies. I was born and raised in Korea. I speak fluent Korean. I am just trying the erase the old me. It's so suffocating. " She said and teared up a little.

" What do you mean?" L.Joe asked, confused.

" We have known each other for a year but you do you know how hard I fell for you? I want to tell you everything about , everything about my past , because.... I like you. " She said and paused for a while. " Well, I was borned and raised in Busan, my parents sent me to the States to study a few years ago, not business studies that I am doing now , I was studying Law , I was supposed to be a lawyer, and then I fell in love with a pretty nice guy from my class and we got together , and he just suddenly changed into a another person, he started doing drugs and then he would get drunk and hit me every night since we share the same apartment , and then he started being a drug dealer too , he got caught by the police and he's in jail right now." She said and let out a sigh.

And then she continues again , " After he was sent to jail , I found out that I got pregnant and I have his baby. I tried abortion pills , I tried everything and they didn't work. I was so poor , I didn't have the money to go for abortion, I told my parents and they were so dissapointed in me that we stopped talking for awhile but they encouraged me to keep the baby because the baby is god's creation too so I did. I stopped studying and went back to Korea just because I was pregnant and came back with my son this year and entered a different college ,took a different course, my son is already one by the way. I kept this away from everyone from our college." She said and sighed again.

" Where's your son's dad right now?" L.Joe asked.

" I don't know. I lost contact with him. I thought I won't be able to love anyone else after him but you proved me wrong. " She said and smiled lightly. 

" Thank you but you know that we should just stay friends right?" L.Joe asked.

" You can't accept my son?" She asked.

" No. It's just that...I have someone else in my mind." L.Joe said.

They remained silent until L.Joe spoke, " It's Saturday tomorrow. Let me meet your son. It's time for me to tell you something that no one knows too, I was supposed to be a father too. But I lost my child, I lost my lover. " L.Joe told Yooby about everything cooly without hiding anything.

Yooby nodded , " What a lucky girl." She said. 

" Let me hang out with your son tomorrow alright, best friend?" L.Joe said and laughed.

They decided to become bestfriends since they know the darkest secrets of each other.

" Yes." Yooby said and nodded. Then she realised that she's wearing L.Joe's shoes. " Oh my god, I am so sorry." She said. 

" Where are your shoes?" L.Joe asked and laughed.

" I threw them in the bin because I was too drunk and they were hurting my legs." She said and they both burst into laughter. 

They realised it was not early already, L.Joe sent Yooby home and they promised on meeting each other tomorrow morning.

Yooby went home and went straight to his sleeping son , " I love you." She said pecked her son's forehead. " I might be a young mum , but I will try my best to make you happy." She said to her sleeping son.

L.Joe went home without shoes and collapsed on his bed, he drifted to sleep immideatly.

The morning came , you woke up and streched your arms a little. You took a shower before leaving the house. You grabbed your camera and headed out. You took the bus to reach your destination and you were admiring the view on your way.

You arrived at this art market and you looked around. You took pictures of the kids running around, you took pictures of a mother holding hands with her child , you took picture of an old man selling his art pieces and so on. 

You continued walking and you looked at the art pieces and the place. So new to you yet so fascinating. You took a picture of the street art on the wall. And then you took a picture of a kid trying to walk while a man is supporting the kid from behind. You took a picture of them and smiled.

You checked the picture on your camera and you had a shock. The man is.....L.Joe. You looked over to them and you saw another lady stnading next to them, smilling and laughing happily. They looked like a family having a day out, your heart broke a little. Should I go over and say hi? Should I just run away. So much going through your mind but you only stood there and watched, you didn't know what to do at all. 


TADAH ! Updated ! 

So should you go over to them and say hi?  Go over to L.Joe and fly him a kick in his face? Or just run away? 

L.Joe rejected Yooby. 

I love all your comments! They are so motivating!   Thank you to everyone ! 

I LOVE YOU GAISE!