Thanks

Invisible

I heard birds chirping and opened my eyes. And the first thing that I saw was L.Joe, he rested his head on his own hands on the bed while he sat on the chair. I studied his facial features and trace a finger down from his eyes, nose and then to his lips and my finger stopped there. We talked about lots of things yesterday.  

FLASHBACK

" Stop walking around the ward , do you want me to carry you onto the bed again ? " L.Joe said while following me everywhere. I was just walking around because I really didn't want to just lay on the bed and do nothing. Maybe if I walk around more, I will recover faster.

" I need to walk around more." I said while from walking from the end of the ward to another side of the ward. As lame as it sounds, it was actually fun to just walk around like that because of the few moths of Himchan prohibitng me to do almost everything. Feel like flying a kick onto L.Joe's face. Just joking. Feel like just moving abit more.

" You need to stop moving around and just lay on the bed. You need rest. " L.Joe nagged like an ahjussi. He was just following me and nagging behind me. At first it was okay but not until he keeps on doing it. I turned around and rolled my eyes at him.

Unexpectedly , he laguhed , " You look really stupid with your eye rolling while walking around in a ward." I laughed too , we started insulting each other again like how we always did in the past, " Oh please, you know what's more stupid? Following a person everywhere while nagging them in a ward." 

" Do you know what's even more stupid? Walking around when you need rest." L.Joe said while grining. He then put his hands into his pockets. 

" I am now the strong girl that could fly a kick onto your face again." I said and pointed my thumb to myself proudly and smirked. I was feeling so active at that time I don't even know why. 

" Can I be that L.Joe that you love again?" These words slipped out of L.Joe's mouth. Both of us froze and just stared into each other's eyes for a moment, as if like time had stopped. L.Joe looked away when he reliazed the awkwardness his question brought. 

I laughed and smacked his arm , " Ha ha ha so funny. " I tried to brush it off.

" I am serious." L.Joe looked at me and said again. He sounded so serious, didn't sound like he's joking at all.

" I... I....I.." I stuttered. 

" What are you thinking? " He asked.

" I am...I am.... It's just..hard to explain." I said and let out a sigh.

" Tell me everything." 

With that, I sat on my bed and he sat on the chair next to the bed and we started talking about everything. L.Joe was more than a boyfriend to me when we dated, he was like my soulmate, my bestfriend and many more, I will always go to him when I have problems.

" I don't know where to start." I said while pinching the blanket that L.Joe placed on my lap. 

" Do you still love me?" He asked .

"I ....I do. " 

" Then why are we not together?" 

" Because you left. I am not putting the blame on you. I know you left for a good reason but when you were not around Himchan came around to help. During my darkest days , he was there. I can't just leave him because you came back and yes yes you did alot too, now you understand why I am confused?" I said under one breath. 

" But you can't just give up on someone you love because a person helped you alot. We only have one life to live."  L.Joe said softly.

" He helped me so much that I don't even want to break his heart. And, our families. Your mum probably can't accept me because I am not from a rich family, I am not a daugther of a big company's boss. "

" Everything else doesn't matter, as long as both of us have faith in each other, we will survive through this." He said and lowered his head " I am sorry , I am so sorry if I ruined your life, because of me your family fell apart , your dreams shattered, give me a chance to make everything right.....please?" He added and lift up his head. He looked at me with those soft eyes. 

" I am ...sleepy. Let me rest. " I said just to avoid his question. 

" Will you run away with me if I asked you to?" He asked.

I laughed because I think that's just extremely funny, does he think that he's flimming a drama. " yes." I nodded. " But it's impposible." I added and laughed. 

He laughed too, " Just asking. Alright, rest. I don't want to force you to make up your mind either. The nurse said that you can go home tomorrow. If you need anything , just call out for me, I will be here."

END OF FLASHBACK

L.Joe stirred in his sleep when he felt a finger tracing his facial features, he just pretended like he didn't know and continued sleeping. And then he felt the finger stopped on his lips for a very long time that he almost fell back into sleep.

" I love you, but what should I do?" He heard a voice said and he opened up his eyes.

YOUR POV

"I love you, but what should I do?" I asked because I thought he was still asleep but then he suddenly opened his eyes. My eyes widened and I quickly removed my finger. He smiled upon seeing my reaction he then grabbed my wrist and carefully locked his fingers with mine , " Then just run away with me to somewhere that no one knows us." 

My cold palm pressed agasint his warm palm and then I squeezed it his hand to feel the warmness of his palm , " Stop being crazy. Don't you miss your friends? Did you look for them after you came back?"  I asked because I was curious too.

" I only looked for Chunji, he's doing good. " L.Joe said with his head still resting on the edge of the bed. Does his neck not hurt? 

" Still the womanizer?" I asked and chuckled. Remembering how flirty Chunji was.

" I don't know about that but I am sure his female employees go crazy for him ." L.Joe answered and grinned.

" Employees? I am sure he's doing good then.And.....does your neck hurt?" I asked because his neck looked like it was falling off because of the veins popping out.

" It doesn't hurt. I just want to stay in this postition to look at you." He replied and smiled warmly.

Why do I feel so comfotable around him when we are not even anything. But the feeling of being with Himchan was different , I can't say that I didn't love him but then the feeling when I was with him was just...thankful.

The moment were ruined by a ringing phone. It was L.Joe's phone. He let go of my hand and pulled his phone out of his pocket, he then answered the phone call. 

" Yoboseyo?"  

" Yoboseyo , Mr. Lee. There's an urgent meeting in an hour time. " 

" ugh. Alright. Thanks. Please arrange the papers on my desk." L.Joe said and brushed a hand through his hair.

" Okay. Bye."

He then dailed another number on his phone.

" Yoboseyo, Mr Park? Please pick me up from the hospital in 10 minutes time." I heard him say and then he hung up the phone call. 

He then looked at me and he pouted, " I am sorry , I need to go , there's an urgent meeting later."

I smiled and poked his cheeks , " It's okay. Work hard. Good bye." 

He hugged me and walked out of the room. See the difference now? A young and successful man with a girl that is nothing? Kind of impossible isn't?

I looked at the ceilling and sighed. It's time for me to do something about my future too isn't ?

I heard a knock on the door, "Come in" I said without looking.

A nurse came in , " Miss ,do you need any help with packing your stuff?" 

And then I realised that I will be discharged from the hospital today. I am going to go home ..well, maybe not home. Pack? I didn't even bring anything to the hospital , I panicked for awhile because I don't think I have anything to wear home. And then I heard Himchan's voice , " It's okay, I will help her." He walked in and smiled to the nurse. The nurse returned a smile and left after that. He was holding a paper bag in his hands and he walked over, " Feeling better?" He asked and smiled weakly , he seemed sad. " I am feeling much better." I said and noded. " I brought you some clothes , get changed and let's leave." He handed me the paper bag.  

" Thank you." I took the paper bag and got down from the bed. He didn't even come over to help me. What happened? He just stood there and watched me. I went inside the washroom and shut the door behind me. I leaned on the door and sighed. What is Himchan thinking?

I changed into the clothes that he borught over and walked out of the washroom, he was leaning on the wall while scanning through his phone. " I'm done." I said and smiled. He looked up and just nodded. We then walked out of the ward together without saying a word. And then we walked out of the hospital and he pulled over a cab. I protested because we could have just took the bus but he just dragged me into the cab. " Why did you pull a cab over ? We could have just took the bus!" I said softly , affraid that the taxi driver will hear us. 

He smirked , " This is just a cab, how does it feel having someone to pay for your hospital bills, transfering you to a private ward and staying up all night for you?" He then burry his face in his palms. 

I sighed , " Tell me everything that you know." I said calmly because I didn't want to fight in the cab. 

" Everythign that you did. How you didn't love me. It's not your fault. It's my fault for being such a fool ." He removed his palms from his face and said. I honestly didn't know what to say anymore because everything was clearly my fault, I felt super guilty.

I pursed my lips and looked out of the window, avoiding converstation with Himchan but then he spoke , " I hope he's a better person now and will treat you good." He was looking out the window too. " I know he can definitely do more than me , but if he doesn't treat you well, leave him." 

" I didn't say I choose him, I didn't say I will go with him ." I said while still looking out the window. 

" Your actions told me that you choose him. Don't worry about me , I don't need your sympathy . " He sounded so pissed off. I don't blame him though. I would be pissed off too if I was Himchan. Treating someone so well but ended getting nothing all the time.

" I- " My sentence were cut off by the cab driver. " Here you are. " He said. Himchan handed him the money and went out the car with me. We went into the house and we were greeted by ahjuma with a worried look , " Do you feel better now? " She came over and patted my shoulder.

" I am, thank you , ahjumma." I nodded. Himchan just walked into the door and shut the door closed without saying a word. Ahjuma asked to sit down and she brought me some soup that she made that is believed to help with healing, Ahjuma just watched me as I drank because she wanted to make sure that I will finsih everything. " By the way..." She said. " Hmmm?" I looked at her with the spoon in my mouth.

" I asked Himchan to bring you some clothes and food to the hospital yesterday and then he came back without giving you the things and he was crying when he came back, did you guys fight when he went over to send the stuff?" Ahjuma asked. I then understand why he knows everything , because he went over and saw everything.  He cried? Poor thing , I don't deserve his tears.

" We didn't ." I smiled at ahjumma and gulped down the whole bowl of soup and walked into the room and saw Himchan cleaning the room. " We need to talk." I said and sat on the mattress. " Say what you want to say. " He turned around and looked at me with his feather dust in his hands.

" What do you plan on doing next? " I asked him. 

" I am going back to Seoul. " He said and smiled. I was shocked again , did he just smiled? " But I need some time to settle the things over here because you know....my students." He added.

I nodded , " I am really thankful for everything that you did for me. I hope we will be friends forever, keep in touch." I smiled .

" I am afraid that I couldn't stay friends with you. What if I fall for you again? " He said and let out a chuckle , a chuckle that somehow sounded sad. He's just trying to act all calm and alright while he's really sad inside, he's always like this.

" You won't. After all this, I know that you will find someone better because you are a good person." I said and smiled weakly. Both of us were not in the mood to joke around , I feel so sorry for him. 

" Hope so. What about you? Going back to the states with L.Joe?" He smiled but I saw his grip on the feather dust tighten.

" Nope. Still thinking. We are not together. Just tell me when you are leaving for Seoul, I will send you off." I said.

" Alright then. I will be moving to the room next door. "He said as he pointed his feather dust to the door.

" The big one?" I asked because the room next door is really big, the room that all of us slept in when we came for a vacation.

" Yes." He nodded and walked over to the shelf to put the feather dust back onto the shelft.  " The kid's parents just paid me and I bought you some new clothes since I think you really need it now, it's in your wardrobe."  He added.

I felt like hitting my head with a brick at that moment because how can I not love a person that cares about me so much? But yes, feelings. " Thank...thank...you very much." I said and looked down. " I will pay you back. " I added.

" No thank you. If you're feeling guilty , you don't need to because I volunteered to do everything, no one forced me." He bent down and picked up his suitcase. He dragged his suitcase out of the room and just close the door and I could hear next door room's door opened up.

Kim Himchan. you deserve someone better. Someone kind, someone that will love you, someone that will take care of you. 


Hellloooo everybody!

Hohoho, how's this chapter? 

And ....

I dropped a hint of who will Himchan end up with again. 

 

Give it a guess again and leave a comment below to tell me! ;) 

I hope everyone enjoyed reading this story. 

xoxo. <3