chapter 39

Scorpio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung heaved a deep sigh as she waited for the bus to arrive. She was totally nervous that she had to go home alone; but somehow, her thoughts were being diverted to the other fact that Kevin had obviously forgotten about her the moment that Gaeul girl arrived and attacked him with a hug. She doesn’t really want to make a big deal out of it especially because of her recent conversation with Mrs. Wu; but the thing is: she stood on the sides, albeit the distance, thinking that her boyfriend will soon introduce them to each other.

 

But no, he didn’t just do that. He even offered to accompany that girl into the building, while she, the girlfriend, will be left alone in the grounds. Good thing, that Gaeul girl declined; or she really would burst out in annoyance right then and there.

 

Yet no matter how much the mental message Soojung sent Kevin, the man still wouldn’t feel the anger radiating from the sides. He walked her friend to the lobby doors and gave her a hug there. When the man handed the girl his phone, the queen knew it’s her cue to leave. The scene was just too much for her.

 

She doesn’t like it but she has to admit that she felt jealous that another girl’s being too touchy with her man. But more than that, what frustrates her more is that her insecurities began kicking in again. She hated that the most, but she couldn’t help it. The thought of how her boyfriend had easily forgotten about her because of his long lost friend was difficult to erase.

 

The bus arrived and Soojung looked around, still hoping that Kevin followed her. But when she realized that he didn’t, she let out a deep sigh and stepped into the bus.

 

Her gaze wandered around the vehicle, looking for a safe place. Her knees were wobbling and her face was starting to show discomfort as she moved to her chosen seat; but she had no choice but to bear it. She has always hated traveling alone; but that moment, she would choose the risk over dealing with her boyfriend.

 

***

 

Beads of sweat trickled down Kevin’s forehead despite the cold weather as his heart continued thumping nervously. He glanced at his phone and saw no new messages. For the sixth time, he tried calling his girlfriend’s phone but she wouldn’t pick up. It had been almost twenty minutes since she left but she’s still not coming back.

 

The guy looked for her around the whole KBS grounds when he learned from the guards that Soojung didn’t come inside the building to go to the washroom. He even went to the café they went to earlier but she wasn’t there either. Fear and worry were starting to sink in when he couldn’t think about where his girlfriend could have possibly gone to.

 

Kevin considered asking his mom if she saw the girl but obviously, she wouldn’t know. Gaeul then crossed his mind but even before he could call her, he realized that she might not know also.

 

Heck, she doesn’t even know who Soojung is to begin with.

 

***

 

Minutes passed and Kevin was still sitting at the bench at the bus station. His worry unfading, he got his phone and tried to contact her again. But of course, the effort was put to vain.

 

Given no choice, the man browsed through his contacts and dialed Amber’s number. His knees were shaking as the call got connected.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” The familiar voice of Soojung’s cousin answered.

 

“Hey Amber, it’s Kris,” he introduced himself. “By any chance, did Soojung tell you where she is right now?”

 

“Aren’t you guys together? She just sent me a message that she’s already in the bus— OH ,” Amber shrieked. “DON’T ING TELL ME SHE’S ALONE

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter