date night

Kim Kiki's perfect boyfriend

Kiki blinked as she stared at her father.

“Ah, it’s been too long since we did this.” Ryeowook beamed as he finished setting up the tent and sleeping bags.

“Um appa, did umma put you up to this?” Kiki asked curiously.

“What a father can’t spend time with his daughter?” Ryeowook asked taking a seat beside her.

“No, it’s just, you’re always busy so this is sort of strange. Not to mention I’m eighteen, isn’t that a little too old to be spending with your old man?” Kiki asked.

“Aish, I’m not that old,” Ryeowook pouted making Kiki grin. But it was true, she was too old for this. The days when being on her father’s shoulders and thinking you were higher than anyone was long gone for her. She knew better, her father couldn’t protect her from everything.

“Hey, remember when you were six and you asked me where babies came from?” Ryeowook asked.

“As I recall you said the members would visit people’s homes and the women would become mothers the next day.” Kiki replied.

“You believed me,” her father smiled.

“Appa, I was six, you could have told me Heechul was really a girl and I would have believe you.” Kiki grumbled. Ryeowook sighed, this father daughter thing was harder than he thought. Ryeowook raked his brain trying to figure out a safe topic to begin with. When she was younger this had been so much easier.

“Appa, stop trying,” Kiki sighed making her father look up surprised. I’m not a child anymore. Not to mention umma’s methods of handling things is abit wrong.” Kiki stated laying on her back and staring up at the sky.

“Yeah, say since everyone but Min’s hyung is gone. Let’s have a small drama night. Like we did when you and Hikaru would fight and you got so upset.” Ryeowook smiled sitting up.

“But didn’t you set all this up so we could stay up here?” Kiki asked as her father stood up and waited for her to join him.

“So, this just gives us an excuse to get Min out of the house and stop pouting over the fact that Leeteuk hyung took him to a function.” Ryeowook stated. The other members had schedules for the night and Rin had chosen to go along so the father and daughter could be alone. Sungmin had stayed incase Ryeowook failed and Kiki tried to run.

When the father daughter duo entered the living room, Sungmin was already seated on the couch surrounded by candy and icecream crying at the tv screen as the news was going off.

“So the news must be really sad huh,” Kiki smirked as she took a seat beside her uncle as he blew his nose on the tissue he had sitting infront of him.

“Huh, oh the news went off.” He commented clearly having been thinking of something or someone else.

“Ok, I ordered Chinese for us. Now let’s watch Titanic and other sad romances and forget everything and cry our eyes out.” Ryeowook smiled sitting on the other side of his daughter effectively squishing her between him and Sungmin.

“Weren’t you and her, supposed to have a father daughter talk?” Sungmin asked the two.

“We decided to let you join in incase the news was too hard for you to handle.” Ryeowook teased.

“Besides appa’s not good at talking to a teenage girl like you are uncle. Oh and Seeyun wants your new number.” Kiki smirked as Sungmin paled at the name.

“Ok let’s watch Titanic,” Sungmin announced pushing Ryeowook to start the dvd. About the time Rose tried to jump off the ship, Chinese had arrived and by the time the notebook went off all three were in tears and admitting all and any affair’s they had been involved it. Kiki had been amazed when her father had admitted on cheating on her mother once with Yesung and had laughed when Sungmin admitted he and Kyuhyun once had in Soo Man’s office to get back at him for the arranged marriage thing. As Sungmin was changing the next dvd Kiki sighed.

“I have nightmares,” she admitted making the two men pause and look at her.

“About the other night?” Ryeowook asked. Kiki remained silent bringing her knees to her chest as her raven hair covered her eyes.

“Not just about that, but it has been the forefront of it.” Kiki stated.

“Will you explain it to us? What’s wrong ahgi?” Sungmin asked as he sat down and placed and arm around his niece.

“All I remember really is blurs and Junnie’s face, but then at the end I see Hikaru and his smile, I only ever see him smile like that to me. No matter what the situation is he will always smile at me. I’m confused I know I’m supposed to be all upset and scared of people since the incident, but all I really want is to be in Hika’s arms like always and cry like I use to when I was angry at one of you or my parents.” Kiki rambled as her uncle and father listened. “I only want Hikaru’s touch and when he kissed me this morning it wasn’t like all the other times. I’m scared that he doesn’t feel the same way and maybe this is just a phase an aftermath of the attack. I don’t know, maybe it’s nothing sorry to worry you.” She finished eyes trained to the screen.

“What happened is the past, and Hikaru and Kaoru rescuing you was wonderful. Perhaps you liking him may be because of the incident and him being the one to rescue you a close friend, but you liking him in my opinion has been like that for years and your realizing it now because your emotions are more in tuned now.” Sungmin began.

“Sungmin hyung, stop trying to get my daughter a boyfriend and console her.” Ryeowook growled already holding his daughter in his arms as she lay crying softly.

“Just saying Wook, look Kiki, give it time like I said, if you need any more help or something me and the others are here for you. Hell name me one person who gets free love advice from Super Junior.” Sungmin smirked trying to cheer the girl up.

“Hopefully no one, when you guys taught Kari, the twins, umma, and I Ed, we ended up avoiding the boys for weeks remember.” Kiki said.

“Sungmin hyung, let’s reteach Ed to them.” Ryeowook smiled.

“Kim Ryeowook let your daughter date.” Sungmin ordered.

“No I forbid it.” Ryeowook snapped holding Kiki tighter in his arms as Kiki smiled at the small fight.

“Wook out of all sixteen of us, you are the only one against her dating.” Sungmin growled.

“No, did you see the reaction Siwon had when we let her go to that dance when she was fourteen?” Ryeowook asked.

“That’s because Heechul dressed her up like some ten year old kitten lover.” Sungmin replied.

“Guy’s, can we start the movie now?” Kiki asked feeling slightly better after crying and speaking to the older two. They acted more like her umma than her real umma. Though her real umma was like her when it came to emotional stuff, they at the advice needed.

“Huh, oh yeah we were watching a movie,” Ryeowook smirked forgetting the movie.

“I miss Kyu,” Sungmin muttered suddenly as he leaned against Kiki and stuffed a spoonful of icecream in his mouth.

“I miss Hikaru,” Kiki moaned.

“I miss the days when the remote for the dvd had batteries.” Ryeowook groaned having to stand up and start the stupid movie.