Growing Attraction

Fate works

 

I don’t know why but I was having this adrenaline rush during the date, as if I was attending Super Show. I was rather high and wouldn’t stop blabbering and didn’t mind that I didn’t had my moments with Donghae though I did regret by sighing a little on the inside when I was conscious of what I was doing. Other than that, I was just happy to be able to go on a picnic with my two favourite members of Super Junior. When the date finally came to end, I began more conscious, as if I was waking up from a trance.

That was when I turned a little sulky for I realized that I was sitting in the passenger side with Myeolchi oppa and not my Fishy oppa. Sigh, I guess I have got to wait till our next date if that ever happens, that is. As my eyes began to wander, I looked into the rearview mirror to see Donghae’s head on Soobin’s shoulder, and my eyes widened on its own accord.

“OMO!”my heart nearly exploded at the scene in the mirror.

Donghae jolted awake at my exclamation and looked around, wondering what happened.

“Is anything wrong, Haemin?”Myeolchi oppa immediately turned to look.

“Ah, nothing, nothing! I think I forgot to do something before coming out of my house. You know, my mum would kill me if she finds out…,”I muttered.

“Ah…,”Myeolchi oppa nodded his head in understanding and chuckled a little.

I shifted my gaze back to the rearview mirror and Soobin was staring back at me. I bet she would know why I made such a commotion but it’s not like I did it on purpose! I just got a shock, that’s all.

“Alright, we’re back,”Myeolchi oppa declared as he stopped his car right outside my house.

Myeolchi oppa got out and rushed over to open the car door for me while Donghae did the same for Soobin. It was such a rare gesture in modern society now.

“Hey, can I use your bathroom? I’m a little urgent here…,”Myeolchi oppa asked sheepishly.

“Yeah sure,”I smiled.

“I’ll send Soobin back then,”Donghae smiled.

“Take care, Donghae oppa! Thank you for today! I had fun,”I bowed.

He bowed back with a smile fixed on his face.

“Are we done yet? Cause I’m about to explode,”Myeolchi oppa’s voice had a tone of urgency and a little frustration.

“Right, right,”I walked with him towards my house and unlocked my front door.

“Oh, Haemin, you’re…OMO! Isn’t that Eunhyuk from Super Junior?”my mum exclaimed as she stood up from the sofa.

I chuckled to myself at how well she knew my favourite boyband and how myeolchi oppa was trying his best to greet as politely as he can.

“Be right back, I’ll bring him to the bathroom. Follow me,”I smiled and led him towards the bathroom near the kitchen.

“Thanks,”he grinned before closing the door.

I went back to the sofa to sit and my mum nudged me immediately.

“What’s going on? Since when did you know him?”my mum narrowed her eyes.

“Well, uh, Donghae oppa gave me his number and he sort of asked Soobin and I out?”I explained.

“And you didn’t even tell me? You rascal!”my mum widened her eyes in shock.

“You wouldn’t believe me even if I did tell you,”I argued.

“Of course I wouldn’t. I didn’t think my daughter would be as capable as to be able to befriend Super Junior,”my mum teased.

“You’re too much, mum!”I made a sad face.

“Is that your attempt at aegyo? God, it’s been long since I last saw you doing it,”my mum giggled.

I rolled my eyes.

“Er, aunty, thank you for letting me use your bathroom,”I jumped at the voice of myeolchi oppa.

“You’re welcome! Do come visit us if you are free! I can cook for you to eat,”my mum stood up to smile at him.

“He’s an idol with a busy schedule, you know,”I shook my head as I led him to the door.

“I’ll swing by when I have the time,”he bowed, taking up my mum’s offer.

“Are you sure you wanna come back? My mum’s a terror,”I joked as he put on his shoes.

“KIM HAEMIN!”she hissed from the kitchen.

“You see what I mean?”I shook my head with a smile.

“I know you’re just joking besides she’s a terror cause she’s protective over you, right?”he asked.

“VERY protective but I like it,”I smiled.

“Take good care of her and yourself, alright. Sorry that our date was a little short,”he apologized.

“You already told me about your schedules later on. Run along before you are late,”I pushed him a little.

“Thanks for today! I had fun!”he bowed.

“Same here! Take care! We’ll hang out again soon, right?”I almost mumbled the last part and I realised how needy I sounded like.

I just wanted us to continue hanging out like these. I would really miss hanging out around with him and Donghae oppa and mostly, I wanted to be with Donghae oppa.  Myeolchi oppa looked me in the eye and his eyes softened.

“Don’t worry, we will,”he reassured me with a hug.

“Goodbye!”I waved.

He waved and was soon out of the house. I sighed as it was all over. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I took it out to look at it.

[By the way, did I tell you that your aegyo is really something? You can compete with Sungmin hyung –Myeolchi Oppa ^^]

I facepalmed immediately. He saw me doing aegyo to my mother. He would never ever let me live this down.

[Erase that image of me right this second! Because I only do it for my mother! –Haemin]

[Hmm, really? Do you still remember that you are still pestering me to tell you who the girl I like? Kekeke –Myeolchi Oppa ^^]

[Yes ^^ Why? Are you finally going to tell me? Kekeke –Haemin]

[Why don’t you do an aegyo for me and I’ll tell you? Kekeke –Myeolchi Oppa ^^]

[DREAM ON. AND WHY ARE YOU TEXTING WHILE DRIVING?! –Haemin]

[That’s because Hae is driving. Anyway, the offer is still there. Anytime, you are ready, just let me know and I’ll prepare for a good show ^^ -Myeolchi Oppa ^^]