Meeting

Fate works

 

Soobin’s POV

For the next few days, it was back to school yet again. However, it seem like Haemin was back to her on her phone habit and it got worst than before. Now she even got reprimanded by the teachers for her frequent use of her phone and not paying attention.

I have not heard from Donghae ever since that day regarding the treat. It’s not that I miss him, but I have to do something for him in return for doing such a great favour to me.

“Kim Haemin!” I heard and jolt awake from my trance. I saw that it was none other than our lecturer who had called her name. What’s worst, Haemin had not realized it. I quickly nudged her as she was smiling at her phone. When she took her eyes off her phone. She looked at me before I used my head to motion her to look at the front of the class. It was then she realized that she had actually caught the attention of the whole lecture theatre.

“If you have no interest in this class, please step out. I would be more delighted to not have you here and disrupt the other students who want to learn.” With that, she turned back to teaching. Haemin stuck out her tongue in awkwardness before finally placing her phone back into her pocket.

“Haemin, do you want to hang out together after school?” I asked as we walked towards the cafeteria.

“Oh I can’t. I’m meeting myeolchi oppa.” She beamed.

“OK then. I’ll go on my own then.” I said as we took a seat at the cafeteria.

When class ended, Haemin practically ran out of the class to the main entrance of the school. When I got there, she was waiting for something in particular, a car. And it came. It was none other than her myeolchi Oppa.

“Soobin.” He greeted me with a nod while I greeted him as well. I then waved them goodbye before I went to a mall to roam around on my own. After walking around, I got tired at went to the nearest café to take a seat. I took the seat closest to the window. As I was about to pull out a book to read, I heard a familiar voice.

“Can I take a seat here?” I looked up to see a guy wear shades and he looked familiar. He tilted his shades a little, revealing his eyes, its Donghae.

“Sit.” I said as he took a seat.

“What are you doing here?” He asked me.

“Just roaming around.” I said, taking a sip of my coffee.

“Where’s Haemin?” He asked.

“Out with Hyukjae.” I said as I looked at him, trying to not let anyone recongise him.

“Why are you here alone in the first place?” I asked.

“I was bored at home so I came out but I realized my outfit doesn’t really hide who I am.” He chuckled.

We talked for a little while before I realized Donghae looked really uncomfortable trying to hide from the public’s eye. I then suggested we go somewhere less crowded and he agreed. We headed to the car park where Donghae’s car was located.

“Amber told me you’re very nice and she don’t mind hanging out with you again as friends.” Donghae said and I was totally over the moon! My ultimate bias wants to be FRIENDS WITH ME! I could literally scream now, but I have to keep up with my image.

“I cannot believe it.” I said.

“I gave her your number. She said she’ll contact you when she has time to hang out. Maybe you’ll even get to meet the rest of the members as well.” He said as I almost dropped my chin.

“Thank you so much, I guess I owe you more than one now.” I smiled as I saw his cheeks turned slightly red. To admit, he wasn’t that bad looking either. No wonder Haemin was head over heels for him. He is really kind and gentle and I cannot help to say, charming.

“So where shall we go?” He asked before I realized we’re still in the car park.

“How about I treat you to dinner today?” I said.

“But I was intending to want a packed lunch from you.” He pouted and I laughed sometimes he really acts like a small boy.

“You mean the one I made for Haemin the other time?” I asked and he nodded his head.

“I can make you one now. If we have a place to cook.” I said since my mum might not be happy if I brought a guy home when no one was around.

“How about the dorm? Most of the members are out enjoying themselves other than Kyuhyun who might be at home playing his game.” He explained and I nodded since it’s the most I can do for him.

“I think we have to go to the supermarket first.” I said and there we went to buy groceries.

Donghae and I had quite a lot of fun in the supermarket. He bought so much junk food that I think he can live off junk food for a whole year. We bought ingredients like eggs, rice, cucumber, hotdogs, carrots, etc.

When I got to their dorm, it was quite clean for a dorm full of guys and the house was totally quiet. Indeed, no one was around.

AS I headed to the kitchen where Donghae directed me, I started making for him a lunch box. Why does he only want a lunch box? I had thought he wanted me to treat him to some 5 star hotel’s restaurant or some famous restaurant in Seoul, burning a hole in my pocket. However, there was nothing of that sort. He simply wanted a lunch box from me.

When I was done, I realized I bought too much ingredients, so I made some dishes which could be kept so they can reheat and eat when they are hungry. When I stepped out of the kitchen, I saw Donghae fast asleep on the couch. I smiled at how innocent he looked. Maybe this is the side Haemin likes about him. I saw a blanket nearby so I covered him so he won’t catch a cold and wrote him a note, telling him I had already went home and the things I’ve prepared are in the refrigerator and the table respectively.

When I got home, I was so tired that I showered and fell asleep immediately, totally forgetting about eating. When I woke up the next morning, I was being disturbed by the constant ringing of the doorbell. I didn’t have classes so I could sleep in but some idiot had to come and disturb my rest. When I opened the door I realized that the idiot was Donghae.

“Why are you here so early?” I asked a little annoyed.

“I wanted to thank you for what you did but I guess I disturbed you even more instead.”He said as I turned to see his head down.

“I’m just groggy in the morning. Just… sit I’ll get you some water.” I said as I went into the kitchen to grab him something to drink. When I got back, I saw him looking around with his glued to the couch.

“I really appreciate what you did for me and the members yesterday so we decided to give you a fan meeting ticket for you and Haemin.” Donghae said as he pulled out a pair of tickets from his pocket. I looked at it, unsure of whether I should accept it since I’m not a big fan.

“I know it’s not good to say it this way, but you know I’m not a big fan of yours.” I said awkwardly, hoping he’ll get what I mean.

“I understand. But I hope you can come together with Haemin to support us.” He smiled at me gently, making me accept the tickets which he offered.

We sat in silence for a while before his phone ring, indicating that he has to leave. I too had to prepare to go to school. The first thing when I saw Haemin, I told her what happened. I could tell she was a little unhappy at first, but when she heard about the tickets, she was practically elated.

While waiting for our turn to enter the fan meeting location, I realized all the people here were fans who loved Super Junior while I’m here to accompany Haemin. I feel like I’m wasting my ticket away. There are people out there who would want it more than me. However, before I could think of backing out, the queue began to move and when the ticket masters saw our tickets, they brought us to one side and guided us backstage. This is not good.