Heart Warming Moments

Fate works

 

My phone vibrated and the whole row of students who sat with me all turned to look at me.

“Hee, sorry,”I apologized for the umpteenth time as I grabbed it.

“Seriously, Haemin, can’t you even leave your phone alone during a lecture?”Soobin sighed as she copied down notes.

Classes have recently resumed and we were currently attending a lecture. Unlike her notes that were filled with her handwriting, mine was completely empty; looking like it just came out from the printer.

“You know how important my phone is,”I giggled as I read the text message on my phone.

“Who have you been messaging anyway?”she asked as she leaned towards me to look at the name of my new text buddy.

But I wasn’t able to hide my screen in time.

“Who is myeolchi oppa?”she frowned.

“Quiet,”I hissed softly.

She raised an eyebrow before her eyes widened after guessing that it was Eunhyuk.

“You two have been messaging?!”she asked.

“Well, yeah…,”I chuckled a little.

“Wait, we’ll talk about this after the lecture,”she hurriedly got back on track while I went back to messaging him.

After the lecture, we packed our bags and headed for lunch. That was when she began questioning me again.

“Your date with him has been over for a week already and you still keep in contact with him?”she asked, amazed.

“Why not? We’re friends now,”I smiled as I kept my phone.

“Why aren’t you holding it anymore?”she asked, knowing how I like to have my phone in my hands when I am messaging someone.

“He said he was going to be filming Strong Heart soon and he’ll text me after its done, about three hours later. So, my phone’s going to be redundant till then,”I replied as we settled down to eat.

“Are you sure he likes me and not you?”she narrowed her eyes to squint at me.

“Of course! I could tell from his face!”I nodded.

Soobin simply gave me a look of disbelief before going back to her food. But my phone vibrated in my bag and we looked up. I took it out and immediately dropped it when I found out who just sent me a text.

“Omo omo omo omo!”I trembled as I picked up my phone from the floor.

“What’s going on? You’ve been acting so strange since your date with him,”Soobin put her spoon down.

I kept quiet as I read the message silently.

“ASSA!”I cheered and nearly threw my phone in the air, giving Soobin a shock.

“I’m going to have a heart attack one of these days. Can you tell me what’s going on?!”she asked, annoyed.

I cleared my throat to control my volume. I didn’t want the whole campus to hear.

“Donghae just text me!”I squealed as silently as I can.

“Are you serious? Or did you just use the app where you could fake a text from someone famous?”Soobin smirked.

“Park Soobin, I am serious! He even asked me out,”I crossed my arms in annoyance.

Park Soobin, the charismatic girl just raised an eyebrow.

“Fine, he asked the both of us out. Eunhyuk is going to be there too,”I sighed in defeat.

“That’s more like it. But you can go ahead and count me out,”she continued eating.

“But I already replied saying you’ll be there,”I said.

“You what?! Kim Haemin, you are really the death of me,”she shook her head.

“It’s going to be fun, trust me! Besides, just do that poor anchovy a favour. I bet he misses you a lot,”I laughed as I thought about our date.

But she was deep in thought and I smiled, thinking if she liked him back. Soobin has always liked guys with biceps and Eunhyuk’s arms are toned despite it being thin. That night, when I was watching television, my phone rang and I glanced at it. A photo of Eunhyuk and I during our date popped up and I took my phone to my room.

“Yah, you promised to text me earlier on! You didn’t keep to your promise!”I hissed as I closed the door to my room so that my mother wouldn’t hear.

“I’m sorry! But my manager was rushing me to another schedule. And I guess I was really tired in the van,”he sounded truly apologetic.

“How are you going to make it up to me?”I joked.

“I’ll buy you an ice cream on our group date with Donghae and your friend,”he said.

“Okay! You are excited for the date, right?”I chuckled.

“Honestly, yes,”he laughed nervously.

“Wait till Soobin hears about this,”I laughed out loud.

“Yah! I’m not nervous about meeting her! Please get this in your head, Haemin. I do not like her, for goodness sake,”he started rambling.

“Really?”I teased.

“Really! How do I even convince you?”I could see him shake his head as he spoke.

“By telling me who you really like!”I answered.

There was a pause and I broke the silence by laughing.

“I can’t believe you are still keeping it a secret. I’ve been pestering you for nine days already,”I smiled.

“Haemin,…just know that Soobin isn’t the one I like,”he sighed.

“Hmm, okay,”I replied, not believing.

“Do you have lessons tomorrow?”he asked.

“Yes, at 9 in the morning,”I groaned.

“Then, you better get some sleep. It’s already past ten,”he said.

“What about you? Not sleeping yet?”I asked.

“Unlike you, I have schedules to go to and can’t sleep yet,”he replied.

“Where are you off to now?”I asked.

“Preparing to go filming for a show,  One O’Clock in the Morning ChungDamDong with Shindong,”he replied.

“Oh my, what time will that thing end?!”I felt tired for him.

“Maybe four in the morning?”he guessed.

“That !”I replied.

“I’m already used to it by now,”he chuckled.

“True. Alright, myeolchi oppa, you may not need to sleep but I need to,”I said I walked towards my adjoined bathroom, ready to wash up.

“Oh, sure. Have a good rest,”he chirped.

“Try to sleep early!”I replied as I went off to wash up.

The next morning when my mother came to wake me up, I stretched and began washing up after switching on my phone. From the bathroom, I could hear it vibrate on my nightstand. After showering, I took a look at it and found a message from Myeolchi Oppa and it had came in at 5am, two hours before I woke up.

[Good morning! I’m heading to bed now! Kekeke!]

My heart warmed at the message.