Meet Up

Fate works

 

“Let me Stay” Donghae said.

“Donghae, what….” I was loss for words. What was he doing?

“Let’s not argue about this anymore alright?” He stood up before carrying me again. This time, I really kept my mouth close and didn’t argue with him. When did I become so obedient to what he says?

When we got to the kitchen, Donghae set the table and got water and sat opposite me while I was about to eat. I wasn’t able to look at his eyes. I was trying to look anywhere but his eyes, but it was too difffcult since he was staring right at me,.

“Donghae, I’m tired. I’d like to rest.” I said and when I was about to stand, Donghae swept me off my feel in the speed of light, causing me to get shocked. When I was about to stay something, he looked at me, causing me to keep my mouth shut and look elsewhere.

When he got to my room, he was walking towards my bed when he accidentally tripped on something and fell forward. When I opened my eyes, his face was barely an inch in front of mine. I blinked and he just stared. When his face got closer, I looked away. I can’t do this. I can’t get involved with a person whom my best friend likes.

Donghae cleared his throat before he stood up. I took a few glance at his back as he walked out of my room.  However, something caught my eyes. There was a phone on the floor and it wasn’t mine. It must have been donghae’s. He must have dropped it when he fell. When I took it, I saw his wallpaper and it made me drop his phone in shock. It was a picture of me during the most recent super junior concert.

“Did you see …” The door opened and Donghae came in.

“You…” I looked at him and pointed to his phone. He took it in a flash and kept it in his pocket.

“I can explain.” He said, his eyes look frantic.

“Do you like me?” I asked, not knowing what had actually came out of my mouth.

He looked at me as if I had punch him in the face. In order to avoid this awkwad situation, I decided to lie down and sleep, Since I was immobile.

“Soobin.” He called, but I don’t want to face him, I can’t believe I had actually asked him that question. What was I even thinking? I’m just thinking so highly of myself. Who do I even think I am? So what if he asks me? I don’t even lke him. He’s just a friend.

“Soobin.” I then decide to pretend to be asleep. Since it was the only way to avoid this situation. However, I guess I was really tired as my pretending became real and I fell asleep without myself realizing.

When I opened my eyes, it was already morning as light was shining into my room. For a moment, I  had thought I had dreamt out that scenario and I had thought I was crazy. However, it was not a dream when I saw a note by my table.

‘Can we talk, tonight, 11pm? I’ll pick you up from your house. –Donghae’

What had I done? Me and my stupid brains which never listens to me. How could I have asked such a question? I couldn’t ask Haemin for help. She will hate me to death. I looked at the clock and it was barely 9 am. I still had 14 hours before he appears again. I have to do something.

I got on my feet and winced a little since my feet were still slightly sore. I made my way slowly out of my room, holding onto any possible support I could find. Omma was home and she helped me down the stairs and into the living room where she said she’ll come back when breakfast is done.

Appa had already left for work so it’s left with Omma and I in the house.

“Did you rest well?” Omma asked.

“I did. I fell asleep once I hit the bed.” I laughed a little.

“When I came back, I saw Donghae in the living room watching the television. He said he was waiting for either one of us to get back before he left. It was close to 2am when I was home.” Omma said.

“He is plain stubborn.” I said while I started poking my rice.

“Soobin-ah, I can see that he cares a lot for you. No guy would do this for any girl.” Omma said.

“ I don’t know Omma. He’s making me confused myself.” I said.

“What do you mean?” Omma asked. I feel weird discussing my might be love life with Omma. Normally we’ll do it with friends, but I can’t believe I’m asking my own Mother. Besides, she must know right, since she’s more experience than I am.

“I saw myself as his wallpaper on his phone and I had actually asked him if he liked me. I can’t believe I had actually did that so I pretended to sleep and I had really fell asleep. This morning, I saw a not he left saying he’ll come here at 11pm to talk. Omma, I don’t treat him any more than a friend.” I said, but Omma just laughed.

“Are you sure? To me, you’re protecting him. You left out the fact that he was the one who caused you to get injured the other day and from the way you tak or look at him, tells me something different.” Omma laughed it off.

“But Haemin likes him. I can’t steal my best friend’s crush right?” I said, trying to find reasons for myself to get away from this situation.

“Your like is Idol like or like like?” Omma asked.

“I don’t know. She started liking him because he’s famous handsome and cute.” I said.

“Then it’s different from your kind of like.” Omma said.

“I don’t like like him.” I said.

“Don’t deny it my daughter. I raised you for such a long time don’t you think I can see the difference? Just like how you care for Haemin, haemin will understand your situation. If she really like like him, she would be looking for him every other day when he’s around.” Omma said.

“I don’t know.” My brain was in a huge mess.

“Follow your heart dear. It’ll never go wrong.” Omma said as she cleared our plates, giving me some time to think about what she said.

AT noon, my doorbell rang. I wonder who could it be. When Omma opened the door, the familiar voice greeted me. It was Haemin. I wonder where had she went it had been more than a week.

“Soobin! I’ve missed you!” She pulled me into a hug, causing me to stumble back, putting too much force on my still injured leg.

“Sorry!” Haemin exclaimed before helping me back to my bed.

“Where have you been? I haven’t seen you for a whole week.” I said.

“Oh Don’t’ remind me of it. You have to tell me why did I agree to sign up for the volunteering thing in the first place.” She said.

“Oh yeah! The volunteer! I missed it!” I had actually been anticipating to go for this trip.

“The trip was not as successful as planned. Due to the heavy rain season, all our activities were cancelled and we had to come back after the water level died down.” Haemin said.

That Afternoon, Haemin and I talked. However, her conversation was filled with Eunhtyuk from the top to the bottom.

“Haemin-ah, can I ask you something?” I said.

“Ask away!”

“Do you like Eunhyuk?” I asked and her expression dropped al the way to the depth of the pit.

“I don’t know.” Haemin said, but judging from her actions, I bet she does.

“You can’t fool me. I know you do.” I said and she looked at me with tears her eyes.

“Even if I like him, he won’t like me. I’m just some kid he met on the street and maybe he’s nice to me now because he finds me entertaining. Maybe a few weeks later, he’ll just get bored of me and stop being so nice to me.” Haemin said, trying to hold back her tears.

“Oh Haemin, let me help you. I’ll try to get something out from Donghae when I see him. As his best friend, he should know something right?” I said. And Haemin nodded, before wiping her tears before it fell.

“My turn to ask.” Haemin said and I had a bad feeling about this.

“Do you like Donghae?” Bullseye.

“No.” I answered too fast, causing Haemin to look at me with doubt.

“If you’re saying no because you’re afraid I’ll get mad, I won’t. I want to see my best friend happy too.” She smiled.

“I myself am not sure. I’m trying to figure out myself.” I said.

“I think you do. Donghae seems to be into you too. You’ll both be great together.” Haemin gave me a pat on my back. I guess it’ all be up to tonight’s talk.

At 10.30pm, I started to get really nervous. I kept checking myself in the mirror and trying to find a position to look comfortable in to show that I wasn’t really that affected by his presence here. Time ticked by really slowly as I tried to find something to do. At 10.45pm, the doorbell rang. He’s 15 minutes early!

I grabbed a book and pretend that I was really engrossed in it, but actually, I was really nervous that my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. After a few silent miutes, there was a sft knock on m door. I took a deep breath before speaking.

“Come in.” I said and the door opened slowly. Donghae walked in wearing casul jeans and ttt-shirt, ooking all normal.

“Are you feeling ok?” He asked, standing a distant away from the bed.

“I’m ok. Just walk really slowly.” I smiled as he look so tensed. His eyes darted every where other than looking at me.

“so do you think walking in the park woud be a bad idea?” He asked as I wanted to laugh.

“The doctor said I should move around more. I guess a walk would be good. I said and got off the bed slowly. I walked really slowly, but Donghae was walking at the same pace as me. When I successfully got down the steps, I could walk a little fast than the steps. When we got out of the house, the wind got me shaking slightly.

“A little.” I said as he went back into the house and came back with a jacket which I hug behind my door.

“Thank you.” I said before I put it on. The journey was silent. But because I ddin’t really pay attention to where I was walking, I stepped on unbalanced ground, causing pain too shoot up my leg. Donghae reacted quickly and caught me before I fell.

I had though I would land on the solid cold concrete floor, but instead, I fell onto Donghae. He groaned in pain the moment I landed onto him. I got up quickly hoping he was not in too much pain. He sat up and carried me to a near by bench.

“Are you ok?” I asked him as he took a look at my leg.

“I’m fine.” He said. After ensuring my leg was fine, he took a seat next to me and again there was an awkward silence.

“So….” He said. I’m getting ready for the worst to come.