Torture

Fate works

 

*Eunhyuk’s POV*

When she got out of the car, I saw her hugging her friends and laughing with them. She was even yelling at one of them at some point. Why does she seem so carefree with them? Why is she comfortable with them? She also seems so restrictive of her actions nowadays…Does she not want to hang out with me? Am I forcing things? But the moment she turned her head to wave at me, I couldn’t help the smile on my face as I waved back. This is it. I’m in love. All I want to do nowadays is see her. All the members could tell and Donghae was really upset when he found out I got her to lie to him. But that was all old news.

Having her go on this week long trip, I really felt like dying. One whole week of not seeing her…I guess I would have to get used to it. When my schedules are busy, how am I going to pull time out to meet her? Reluctantly, I released the hand brake and made my way back to the dorm to get more sleep. Upon opening the door, Ryeowook who was up early looked up.

“You were out of the house? I thought you were still sleeping!”Ryeowook was shocked.

I only managed a small smile.

“What happened? Why are you so sad?”he asked.

I stopped walking. Deciding that I wouldn’t be able to get any sleep anyway, I went to the kitchen to join him.

“Did something to you and Haemin?”he asked.

Immediately, my head snapped up.

“Relax! Why are you so agitated? So, it’s really about her? Hyung, you’re really into her, huh?”he teased as he chuckled.

“I’ve a feeling that she doesn’t like hanging out with me…,”I muttered.

“Why do you think that way?”he asked.

“When she’s with her other guy friends, she seems so comfortable, even fooling around with them. But with me, she restricts her actions and all that,”I explained.

“Hyung, can’t you tell she likes you too? If she’s restricting her actions, it only means that she’s shy around you, isn’t it?”he raised an eyebrow.

“Are you sure?”I asked.

“If she doesn’t like you, why would she keep sending all those text or talk to you in the middle of the night on the phone? Any normal human being would rather sleep,”he reminded me.

I was deep in thought, thinking of what to say when my phone rang. Taking it out, I saw that I had a message from her.

[Myeolchi oppa….this is boring….the ride there is so boring…and we got news that its raining heavily there…so our activities might all be cancelled….why didn’t they cancel the whole trip? T.T]

I chuckled at her silliness as I typed a reply.

[It’s ridiculous isn’t it? Do you want myeolchi oppa to keep you company on the way there? I’m free at the moment ^^]

“Hyung! Are you even listening to me?”Ryeowook nudged me.

“What did you say?”I turned my head to ask.

“You’re texting Haemin again, right? Just…ask her out already,”he shook his head before walking away.

As I got ready for our schedules, my phone never left me. As I grabbed my bag, I followed my members down to the car. That was when I realised Donghae was missing. He must have gone to visit Soobin. Should I visit her as well? But wouldn’t it be awkward? It’s not like I’m close to her or something. If only Haemin was here…. I got into the car without another word.

A week crawled by just like that and I didn’t know how I had survived. I mentally cursed at Haemin’s school for not cancelling the trip despite knowing the heavy downpours that were happening. They had cancelled all their activities and she ended up stuck in the room with her roommate whom she wasn’t close to. If only I could, I would have drove there to rescue her. Haemin had been so miserable during the trip, feeling bored and left out since she couldn’t go and play with her friends. If they had cancelled the trip, she would have still be in Seoul, wouldn’t have suffered and I would have been able to see her!

When she finally came back, I was already fuming mad. I tried to control my anger as I drove to her house. But with the way I was speeding, it was obvious my efforts were futile. I had taken in a deep breath before pressing the doorbell. The door swung open to reveal her mother.

“Hello, sorry to disturb,”I bowed.

“Hello! Aigoo, I thought I’ll never see you again. Come in. Would you like to stay for dinner?”she asked.

“Sorry but I’ve a schedule to rush to…,”I stated apologetically.

“Oh, don’t worry about it. There’s always next time. Haemin is in her room!”she pointed towards a blue door.

I went over and knocked on the door.

“Come in!!!”she shouted from inside.

Slowly, I turned the doorknob.

“Mum, did you see my…OH MY GOD, Myeolchi oppa?!”she exclaimed when she finally turned around.

Closing the door quickly, I hurried over to her and pulled her tightly into my embrace. With her in my embrace, I tried to level my quick breathing. Now, I know what that anger stands for. I was missing her too much.

“Aigoo, do you miss me so much?”she teased me as she hugged me back.

That was when some sense got knocked into my head. What was I doing? She’ll think I’m being a weirdo for being so thoughtless with my actions. We did hug a few times but how could I just randomly come over after I’ve not seen her for days and hug her? With a racing heart, I pushed her gently away.

“I’m…I’m sorry. Just pretend that never happened. I gotta go,”I bowed my head and turned to leave.

“Wait!”she yelled.

I stopped dead in my tracks.

“I’ve some schedules to go to. I was just passing by,”I tried to level my tone.

Without waiting for her to say anything, I swung the door open.

“Oh, you’re going back already?”her mum saw me walking out.

“Er, yes. I’ve some schedules lined up. Sorry to disturb,”I bowed after wearing my shoes.

“Take care then! See you soon!”her mum bowed at me in return.

I gave her one last bow and when I stood up straight, I spotted Haemin looking at me from her bedroom. Willing myself to not do anything stupid, I forced myself to look away and walked right out the front door without saying anything to her. As soon as I got into the car, I let go of the breath I was holding. What was I doing? What had I done? For a moment, I thought I’ll be relieved about having left her house. But I was wrong. Tears stung my eyes and it threatened to fall. The image of her staring at me through the little crack from her bedroom door was haunting me. What had I done to the girl I love? That’s right, by now; I was sure about my feelings. I didn’t just like Haemin. I love her.

*End of Eunhyuk's POV*