Accident

Fate works

 

Soobin’s POV

When I got back home, I decided it’s still too early to go to bed. Lookintg at the camera at hand, I decied to do something with those photos I’ve taken. Booting up my computer, I realized that this was the first time I’ve really enjoyed going for a Super Junior event. Last time I couldn’t really be bothered to take pictures, but I know this time, I took quite a number of pictures.

Scrolling through my files, I realized my normally 100-200 pictures were now 500 over pictures. I couldn’t believed I took so much pictutres without realizing. I scrolled through them one by one, deleting those which are not too good.

I laughed at some pictures and I smiled at some. However, when I got to one picture, I couldn’t move at all. The picture was of Donghae wiping his tears on stage as he forced out a smile. I didn’t know how could he have put on such a happy front when deep down inside, he’s someone with a heavy past.

I continued looking through and I realized most of the pictures the focus was on Donghae. Don’t tell me … It can’t be. It must have been a habit since Haemin used to always ask me to get good shots of Donghae. It must be it.

I was so engrossed in all the pictures and its editing that I didn’t realize the time flying pass only until I received a call. My eyes not leaving the screen, I picked up the call.

“Yoboseyo.” I answered.

“Guess what!” Haemin and her overly cheerful voice. Something must have happened to her and Eunhyuk.

“We’re going Gyming tomorrow!” I stopped what I was doing and turned to look at my screen to double check the person on the other line was Haemin.

“You? Kim Haemin wants to go to the gym?” I said. That girl never ever want to take a evening walk in the park now want to go to the gym?

“You are coming with me.” She said.

“You know I Gym but why all of a sudden?”

“Just bring your things tomorrow. We’ll meet in the evening.” She said.

I tried prying an answer from her, but to no avail. I guess I’ll really have to wait til tomorrow before I can know the answer. When I hung up the call, I realized it was close to 12am. I had been at the computer for close to 3 hours without realizing.

The next day, I slept in before doing the usual and got ready to meet Haemin. She sent me a text saying she’ll meet me at 6pm to go to the gym together. We took a taxi to the gym and it was a total high class gym.

When we got to the gym floor, it wrote ‘Reserved’ so someone was inside already. I guess we had to leave. However, Haemin went up to the security guard and told her something before he let her in. I was quite surprised but just followed her in anyway. I realized why she had dragged me and wanted to go to the gym all of a sudden.

“Over here!” Eunhyuk’s voice echoed through the gym. He was at the weight lifting station. Seeing Haemin and Eunhyuk deep in conversation, I then greeted Eunhyuk before warming up and went onto the treadmill. Starting with a slow walk before increasing the speed slowly till I was doing a jog.

“You seem familiar with the equipment.”

I turned to find Donghae on the neighbouring treadmill. At that moment, I did the most stupid thing I could have ever done in my entire life.

“Soobin! Are you alright?!” Donghae exclaimed and his face was full of worry.

“I’m fine.” By then, Haemin and Eunhyuk came over to see what had happened. Haemin offered me her hand so I could stand up. However, when I used force on my left leg, I could feel pain shooting up my leg before I collapse back onto the floor with a hiss.

“I think she’s sprained it.” Eunhyuk said before Donghae helped me up by the waist, supporting me to the nearby bench.

“I’ll be fine. I’ll just go see a doctor before it gets worst.” I said and Haemin offered to go with me. However, knowing that Haemin would want to spend time with Eunhyuk, I offered to just call my Omma.

“I’ll send her. She can’t do this alone.” Donghae said. Even though I wanted to refuse, he can’t stay here being the lightbulb.

Donghae grabbed my stuff and supported me with his hands round my waist so I wouldn’t fall. In the lift, he kept asking was it painful and could I walk. I just nodded my head, trying to ignore all the pain that my ankle was causing me.

When we got to the basement, Donghae asked me to hold onto my bag. I didn’t know what he was up to before I saw him bending slightly and felt my legs being lifted off the floor.

“Donghae!” I exclaimed in shock. I didn’t expect him to carry me. I asked him to let me down, but he immediately refused. After putting me in the passenger’s seat, he went to the driver’s side and started the engine.

“I’ll send you to the hospital to get you ankle checked.” He said.

“We can just go to a normal doctor. There’s no need to make such a big fuss over a small sprained ankle.” I tried to argue, but his face turned serious.

“Do you know if it doesn’t heal properly, it might cause uncomfortable pain at some times, it will turn out to be an aliment. I don’t want to cause you to have that.” He said and I was shocked at his sudden outburst. He think it’s his fault I fell off the treadmill?

“It wasn’t your fault. It’s…”

“It’s my fault. If I hadn’t distracted you, You wouldn’t have fallen off the treadmill.” He argued. I wanted to argue, but what I wanted to rebuke him can never be revealed to him ever. I cannot tell him I fell off because I was shocked the person I was thinking of appeared beside me, smiling so handsomely at me.

When we got to the hospital, it was not very crowded as it was close to 9pm. Because most of the general doctors have finished their shift, we had to go to the A&E. I sat on the bed and waited for the doctor to come.

When he came, he asked me a few questions before pressing my ankle. It was so painful I felt like I was going to die. I didn’t realize I was grabbing the sheets so tightly until Donghae loosen my grip so that I can grip his hands instead.

“I think it’s better to have an x-ray. There might have been a fracture in the bone.”

When I heard the doctor said that, I could feel as if my heart had stopped beating. What if what Donghae had said was right, if it doesn’t heal properly, it might not be just an old aliment, but what if I become crippled forever?

“Soobin.”Donghae called my name as I snapped out of my thought. Even though he didn’t say anything, his eyes were telling me that it’s ok, I’m here for you. Tears were threatening to fall, my body was trembling from fear. I’m so scared.

“You’ll be fine” Donghae pulled me into a hug, my back softly.

“Soobin-sshi” The nurse called out and in front of her was a wheel chair. Donghae carried me onto the wheelchair and walked me to the X-ray room. He promised that he’ll be here when I’m out. Inside the room, the doctor scanned my leg and told me to wait an hour or 2 before the results will be out. He suggested I stay in the hospital for the night but I refused since it might not be a big problem

When I was pushed out of the room, Donghae was sitting there waiting as he promised. When he realized I was out, the nurse left before he took over. He pushed me to the cafeteria where we waited together.

“If you’re tired you can head home. I’ll call Omma to come over.” I said.

“It’s alright. I don’t have a schedule till tomorrow afternoon.” He reassured me.

Donghae was considerate with Everything he did and he lifted my mood, allowing me to forget about my leg for a moment.

When 2 hours was up, I received a phone call that I can go and collect my results. It was then I got nervous again.

“It’s be ok.” He said as he pushed me back to the room. I was amazed that he remembered.

“Would you like this young man to sit in with you?” The doctor asked and I nodded my head. I don’t think I can handle this on my own, no matter good or bad.

“I’m sorry to say that you have a fracture in your bone…” He said. I felt my heart dropped a million floors down.

“… but, it’s not very serious. But you’ll have to stay in the hospital for a week such that you don’t incur any more damage to your bones and there is professional care. After that, you can be discharged even though it’s advisable to stay for another week.” He explained and I felt a heavy stone being lifted off from my chest.

“Thank you Doctor.” I said.

“I’ll have to nurse help you with the registration before we move you to your room and change your clothes and your cast.” The doctor said.

When we got to the registration counter, Donghae said something that I didn’t expect him to.

“Ward A, B or C?”

“Ward A” He answered the nurse as all of us looked at him in shock.

“But…” I tried to say something, but he didn’t allow me to. He pulled out his card and paid the nurse immediately and I wasn’t able to response on time. After all the registration was done, he pushed me to my ward.

“Donghae, You didn’t have to do that.” I said.

“I need to. It was my fault and even if it isn’t, I was you to be living in comfort and have the best care.”

“Donghae, I…” I wasn’t able to say anything else as Haemin’s voice boomed the corridors.

“SOOBIN!” She screamed, causing the whole corridor to stop moving. Eunhyuk shushed her before she realized her too loud outburst.

Donghae pushed me into my room which was way classy and Haemin started all her questioning.