When Will You Ever Realise

Fate works

*Haemin’s POV*

“Hello?”

“Hey, Soobin!”I chirped into the phone.

“Hey, how have you been? I haven’t been hearing from you,”she said in a soft voice.

“I’m good. Erm, are you free to meet now? I’ve something to tell you,”I asked.

“Right now? Sure. Where do you want to meet?”she asked.

“See you at the ice cream parlour down the street in 15 minutes?”I went around my room to grab my keys, wallet and jacket.

“Sure. Wait, before we meet, are you feeling sad? I need to be prepared in case you cry,”she asked.

“No, Soobin, I promise this is good news,”I grinned.

“What? You and your Myeolchi oppa are dating now?”she asked.

Was I that easy to read?

“We’ll talk later,”I wanted to tell her face to face.

We quickly hung up and I made my way towards the parlour in the chilly weather. As I walked, I received a message.

[Hey baby, are you free to talk now? –Myeolchi oppa]

Myeolchi oppa had been back from Taiwan for two days already but yet we’ve been unable to meet still due to his busy schedule.

[Hmmm, I’m actually on the way to meet Soobin. But we can have a quick conversation ^^]

Right after I sent the message, the phone came alive almost instantly.

“Hey,”Myeolchi oppa cooed over the other line.

“Hey yourself. How have you been?”I asked, heart warming up with his voice.

“Terrible and miserable without you,”he whined.

“LEE HYUKJAE, YOU ARE SICK!”I heard Sungmin yell from somewhere.

“Where are you now?”I chuckled.

“In the van and he knows about us,”I could imagine him nodding his head.

“Where are you heading?”I asked.

“Not too sure. I wasn’t listening when the manager was speaking,”he admitted.

As I was about to open my mouth, I saw Soobin making her way towards the ice cream parlour where I was already at.

“Hey honey pumpkin, Soobin is here. I’ll call you later when I get back?”I grinned.

“Send a text first in case I get busy. Take care on the way home. I love you,”Myeolchi oppa said in a low voice.

“I love you too. Fighting for your schedule,”I quickly hung up.

“What’s up!”Soobin asked as I kept my phone.

“Let’s order first,”I grinned.

“Okay…,”she eyed me warily.

The waiter came over to take our orders and once it came, we began digging in.

“Anyway, how have you been?”I asked.

 I hadn’t been able to see her due to our clashing timetable.

“Not bad,”was all she said.

“That’s great,”I nodded my head with a smile.

“So, what’s the good news?”Soobin nudged me a little.

At that moment, I couldn’t help the grin that appeared on my face.

“Oh my god…you and your Myeolchi oppa are together, right?”she guessed.

I nodded my head slowly to confirm her guess.

“Oh my god! For how long already?”she asked.

“The night when we met the boys,”I replied.

“And you didn’t even tell me? Wow, Haemin, you’re the worst best friend ever,”Soobin frowned.

“Don’t be angry! It’s just too new for us. Only Donghae, Leeteuk and Sungmin knows about it,”I hurriedly grabbed her hand.

“Have you held hands?”

It was as if her anger disappeared in an instant.

“Hmm, if you’re talking about holding hands while walking, no,”I answered.

“So, what’s your skinship level at now? None at all? Is he too shy?”Soobin giggled.

“We erm…, I…, actually, I lost my first kiss already,”I confessed.

“What? How could you jump levels? Aren’t you all progressing a little too fast?”Soobin raised an eyebrow.

“Well, it happened like that…,”I started explaining about how we got together.

As I recalled what happened, I thought it to be a little ridiculous as well.

“Oh, wow! I guess that’s the difference about dating an idol. He’s quite confident for a guy,”Soobin seemed impressed.

“And I swear he’s the best boyfriend ever,”I giggled.

“That’s what you think since you’re in love,”she smirked.

“Why? Do you think Donghae is better than him then?”I wriggled my eyebrows playfully.

Immediately, the smirk was erased and she went back to eating her ice cream.

“Soobin, are you okay?”I asked.

“Kinda?”she titled her head as she answered.

“What happened? Myeolchi oppa says Donghae is all moody nowadays,”I said as I take in a mouthful of ice cream.

“And you think it’s my fault?”she asked, anger evidently rising in her voice.

“No, of course not. I mean, I was just asking…,”I tried to explain.

“I honestly think I did no wrong by rejecting him. I just have no feelings for him so what am I supposed to do? Giving him false hope is even worse. Moreover, I can’t do very much for him if he refuses to be my friend and keep beating himself up over this,”Soobin blabbered.

“He…confessed to you?”I asked.

“Er…yeah,”she admitted.

“Well, it’s hard for him to be friends with you, Soobin. You need to think for him as well, you know. That guy has harboured feelings for you and to be rejected, he just couldn’t face you again. Not as a friend when he doesn’t see you as one,”I explained.

“I get what you’re saying. Sorry for losing my temper….I don’t even know why am I so affected by how he feels,”Soobin shook her head and sighed.

“Maybe you do have feelings for him, after all,”I winked.

“Kim Haemin,”she glared.

“Okay, sorry! I was just saying….Anyway, there’s tons of guys lining up to be your boyfriend so you can afford to wait whereas I only have my Myeolchi oppa,”I sighed contentedly.

“Aigoo, so this is what people in love look like,”she chuckled.

“You can be just like me too if you were to just open up your heart to Donghae or…Minhyuk,”I winked.

“Yah, what are you trying to say?”Soobin asked.

“Oh, can’t you tell our dear Minhyuk kinda has a crush on you?”I grinned.

“As if. With the way he’s always driving you to school and back, asking you out for supper and doing this and that for you, it seems that you’re the one he likes,”Soobin laughed as we got ready to leave.

“Nah, he has told me countless of times that he finds me irritating,”I brushed it off.

“We’ll see, Kim Haemin,”she patted my back as we neared our own driveway.

“Think over what I say, Park Soobin. He might just be THE ONE for you,”I shouted.

“Who? DBSK’s Jaejoong? Yeah, maybe!”she waved.

“YOU KNOW WHO I’M TALKING ABOUT,”I shouted back.

She merely did a peace sign with her back facing me and walked into her house. Oh, when will she be able to tell that she actually do care for Donghae? Even just a little bit…