The Myeolchi That Flew

Fate works

 

As I went back home, I sulked at how Soobin didn’t tell me about her date with Donghae and Amber.

“To think we’ve been friends for so long. Even if its rushed, she could have sent a quick text, right?”I mumbled to myself.

As I was about to open the door to my house, I glanced through the window to see my parents talking seriously at the dining table. Deciding that it was best not to walk through the door to avoid any awkwardness, I sat on the steps on my driveway and looked across the streets at Soobin’s house. I was in no mood to continue the drama that I was chasing. Nor was I in the mood to do the pile of work waiting for me on my study table. I sighed before taking out my phone. I played with it, looking at pictures, videos I took of my friends and lastly, my messages. I clicked on ‘Myeolchi Oppa ^^’ to see abit of our conversation via text. As I read, I couldn’t help but smile at how silly we sounded.

My thumb moved to the space where I could type my message and I could only manage a ‘L’ before I tap on SEND. I placed my phone on the floor next to me, knowing that he probably would take hours to reply since he was so busy and all. However, to my surprise, the phone lit up to say that there was a message from’ Myeolchi Oppa ^^’

[What happened? Are you alright? Where are you?]

[T.T I’m sitting on my doorstep…]

Instantly, he replied.

[Stay still. Give me 10 minutes!]

My eyes widened at the message. I began panicking and started speed typing furiously.

[OMO! DON’T COME! IT’S A SMALL MATTER!]

But there was no reply.

“OH MY GOD! WHAT DID I DO?! I THINK HE’S DRIVING NOW! OH WHAT DID I DO?! KIM HAEMIN, YOU’RE AN IDIOT, INDEED. YOU MADE A HUGE STAR COME ALL THE WAY TO YOUR HOUSE JUST TO LISTEN TO SUCH A MINOR PROBLEM WHICH ISN’T EVEN A PROBLEM. YOU’RE JUST BEING STUPID. OH WHAT AM I GOING TO DO NOW….”I shook my phone, willing for a reply.

But there was nothing and in the distance, I heard an engine sound and turned to look. I squinted at the bright light, shining into my face. The white Audi pulled to a stop right in front of my house and the door opened. The head of the driver popped out and myeolchi oppa turned around to look at me with a worried expression plastered on his face. He came running towards me.

“Are you okay? What happened to you?”he asked as he rested his palm on my head, squatting down to meet me at my eye level.

“Erm, it’s actually a small matter. You didn’t have to come. I feel so bad now,”I mumbled.

“Hey, even if it’s small, its still something bothering you, right? You don’t have to feel bad. I wanted to come on my accord,”he smiled.

“You’re really a nice guy, myeolchi oppa. Hyoyeon must be so lucky,”I tried to crack a joke.

He gave me a horrid expression.

“Can we not talk about her now? Tell me what happened to you,”he sat down next to me on my doorstep.

“You’re gonna hate me after listening to this…,”I sighed before talking.

Throughout the whole time, I was talking, I was dying inside. Myeolchi oppa is going to kill me after listening about how stupid my issue was and he’s going to think I’m nuts for being upset over this matter. He’s going to unfriend me. He’s going to stop hanging out with me. I felt regretful for even sending him that stupid sad face through text. Myeolchi oppa was probably doing some important idol stuff and I made him come all the way here over some non-existent matter. It was all my childish doing.

“That’s it?”he asked.

I nodded reluctantly. He stared at me for a moment and I wanted to bury myself alive. What did I just do? He’s going to tell Donghae what a freak I am and to stay away from me.

“I can tell why you’re upset. When Donghae meets a friend without telling me, I will be upset as well,”he smiled.

“YOU WILL?”I asked with my eyes wide.

“Of course. I mean, it’s normal. Don’t worry about it,”he laughed.

“But it’s still a small matter…and I made you come all the way to my house from your idol stuff. You better get back. Your manager must be looking all over for you,”I pushed him a little.

“I’m not going anywhere until you start smiling again. Besides, I still have time before they start shooting my photos,”he said, looking at his watch.

“What photos?”I asked.

“Remember I told you about the magazine shoot? We’re doing it now. I’m after Kyuhyun. They just finished with Siwon so I still have about 5 people before me,”he shrugged.

“I’m so sorry. I’m such an idiot. I shouldn’t have…,”but he cut me off.

“Hush, Haemin. I already said that I came on my own accord. Stop feeling bad about it. I have time on my hands, anyway,”he smiled.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing and when I saw who was calling me, I could hardly believe it.

“Hello?”my voice trembled as I answered.

“Hello, Haemin. This is Donghae. I’m sorry for calling you at such a late time,”he apologized.

“It’s okay,”was all I could manage.

“By the way, do you happen to know where Eunhyukkie is? We’re all looking for him,”he asked.

“Hyukjae?”I blurt out.

I glanced at myeolchi oppa who was just beside me. He mouthed a ‘who is it?’ to me which I replied with a ‘Donghae!’.

“Don’t tell him I’m here!”he mouthed.

“Er…I’m not sure…actually,”I tried to lie without stuttering.

“Oh, that’s weird. I thought you would know. Alright. Thank you! Have a good night sleep!”he said before we hung up.

“I think you better go. Everybody’s looking for you,”I turned to push myeolchi oppa.

“But…,”he tried to argue.

“I’m good now. See, I’m smiling,”I grinned.

He took in a deep breath.

“You’ll really be fine?”he asked.

“Yes. Hurry and go!”I stood up to pull him up.

“Alright, alright. Take care of yourself. I’ll see you when I can,”he smiled.

The way his eyes pierced through mine, made me smile and I could tell he was relieved after seeing the smile on my face. I watched him get into his car, and driving off after waving goodbye. Although he didn’t do much, his presence did calm me down and made me smile.

[Thank you, myeolchi oppa ^^]

End of Haemin’s POV