Jealousy

Fate works

Two days after we met at the ice cream parlour where we poured our hearts to each other, Soobin and I met up to go to school together. Since Myeolchi oppa was awake, I was busy chatting with him through text messages and was kinda neglecting Soobin but I’m sure she’ll understand.

 “Guess what,” Soobin said after a moment of silence.  

“What?” I asked, my fingers and eyes still on the phone.

“I met Song Joongki yesterday,” She answered.

“Oh, I see…. WAIT! Who?” I exclaimed after the name sunk into my slow brain.

“Song Joongki,”Soobin repeated.  

“The pretty gentleman?”I asked to clarify.

When she nodded her head, my jaw dropped.

“How?”was the only proper question I could form.

“He’s my colleague now,”she replied.

And I went crazy. I’ve seen him around in school and he has the cutest smile ever. He was really nice to the girls and I’ve seen him helping his female friends buy food, open door etc. If there was a guidebook on being a gentleman, Song Joongki would probably had written that book. When I continued bombarding Soobin with questions, I saw a light blush appearing on her cheeks.

 “Oh no, Soobin don’t tell me you like him. I see a blush crawling up your face,”I giggled.

But she brushed it off saying he was just nice. Well, DUH, Song Joongki is the most gentleman guy I have ever seen in person. As we stepped into school, we heard someone calling Soobin and when we turned around, my eyes widened on its own accord. I was rendered speechless and could only pathetically point at Song Joongki who standing right in front of me and then at Soobin.

 “Morning. Your friend?”he greeted Soobin easily with a smile.

And with that smile, I was left frozen on the spot. His flower boy aura was something to be reckoned with. When Soobin introduced me to him, I stretched my hand out stiffly to shake his hand. Oh god, this guy has to be a celebrity of some sort. How could a college student be so good looking? I shook that thought away when my phone vibrated in my hand.

[Hey baby, are you free after school? I’ll come and pick you up. We’ll go hang out somewhere!]

My heart fluttered at that moment and I let out a smile.

[Okay~^^ See you later, honey pumpkin!]

I kept my phone and couldn’t wait till my lectures ended. Once we were done with lectures, Minhyuk and Hongki suggested that we watch movies together but since it was my first date with Myeolchi oppa ever since we got together, I turned those three down and made my way to the school carpark, looking for that white Audi car that was already waiting. Myeolchi oppa had a cap over his fluffy hair and people who walked by the car wouldn’t be able to tell who was it under it. I went over to his side of the car to knock on it. He looked up from playing some game on his phone and gave me the biggest smile I’ve ever seen on him. He gestured towards the passenger side and he unlocked the door as I went over.

“Hey,”I greeted as I got in.

“How have you been eh?”he asked, reaching out to help me fasten my seatbelt.

“Okay, I guess?”I shrugged.

“Weren’t you missing me?”he asked, pouting a little.

“How cute can you get?”I laughed as I pinched his cheeks.

“Very cute. This is just the first stage,”he joked as he started the engine.

“Oh, you know, something incredible happened today,”I clapped my hands together.

“What?”he asked with a smile, glancing at me a little.

“Soobin’s new colleague at work is Song Joongki!”I exclaimed.

“And…?”Myeolchi oppa couldn’t understand my excitement and I had to sigh inwardly as I realised that I hadn’t brought up the pretty gentleman in any of our previous conversations.

“Song Joongki is someone from our school and he’s known as ‘The Pretty Gentleman’,”I explained.

“Why is that so?”he asked.

“He’s a pretty boy and a gentleman, simple as that,”I replied.

“What’s so incredible about that?”he laughed.

“Ha, then you should have seen him in person. He exudes this pretty boy aura. I think all the butterflies will come fluttering to him if there were any nearby. The perfume he used was…amazing,”I gushed.

There was silence in the car and I turned to look at Myeolchi oppa who has his eyes on the road. He was gritting his jaw and I saw that he had become a little stiff. That was when it hit me. I was about to open my mouth to apologise when he cut me off.

“What perfume does he use?”he asked.

“I…don’t know…,”I answered stupidly.

The rest of the drive to somewhere was quiet and when we finally reached our destination, which was somewhere off from the heart of the city and secluded, he stopped the car.

“Open that compartment,”Myeolchi oppa pointed towards the compartment in front of me.

I opened it gently and looked inside to find a ton of things in it. But what caught my eye were the three boxes of perfume from different brands sitting in it.

“Choose one that you like from there,”he pointed towards the perfume.

Slowly, I got them out one by one to smell it. When I got to the third one, I fell in love with that smell. This was even better than what the pretty gentleman was using. If Myeolchi oppa were to use this, I could probably melt into a puddle of goo.

“This one!”I passed the bottle to him.

Taking the bottle from me, he sprayed it on his pressure points and he placed the bottle in my hands. In that instant, my senses became more alert with the smell.

“Is this better than that pretty gentleman’s smell?”he asked.

I nodded my head gingerly.

“I’m sorry, Myeolchi oppa. I meant no harm when I was complimenting his perfume. I honestly just thought it smelled nice…,”I apologised.

“Haemin, please don’t compliment other men in front of me. Since this is your first relationship, you need to know that men hate it when women do that. And keep this perfume so you can rid yourself of that guy’s perfume when you’re near him and be reminded of me,”he patted my hands.

“You…you’re not angry?”I asked.

“No, I don’t get angry easily. I was just jealous,”he admitted.

I had to hide my smile when he said that and I put the perfume down on my lap so that I could pull him into my embrace.

“You’re so cute when you’re jealous,”I chuckled.

“I’m just possessive about the things I own,”he placed his arms round my waist.

“I kinda like that and you smell so good now. I’ve always like it when guys smell nice,”I tightened my hug around him as I inhale the perfume on him.

“I’ll wear this perfume whenever I meet you,”he chuckled.

“Thank you,”I slowly let go of him and before he could move too far apart, I gave him a peck on his cheeks.

I watched as his milky white skin turn a little pink and I had to laugh at how cute Eunhyuk is in person.