The Super Show

Fate works

 

The whole ground was filled with people with brightly lit faces except for one person. And that face belonged to my best friend, Park Soobin. We have been friends ever since we were merely 11 years old and right now, we’re already 22! We are total opposites of each other and some people really wonder how we could stay friends for so long! Well, I guess opposites do attract.

If you’re wondering why she’s being all gloomy, that’s because we were queuing under the hot sun to get into the stadium to watch Super Junior’s concert! I really don’t get how she doesn’t like Super Junior!! I’ve been a huge fan of theirs for quite a long time and she’s just…neutral about them. She’s nice enough to listen to me fangirl about them but sometimes, she just shuts me up when she’s had enough. Why is she queuing up, you ask? That’s because I forced her into it. Mainly because I promised that I’ll go queue up outside the KBS building in the cold when f(x) makes a comeback. Besides, I paid for her ticket. So, she’s actually just going to the concert to keep me company.

“I really think Donghae’ll recognize me!”I told her.

“You said that for the last few Super Shows we attended,”Soobin replied as she played with her Galaxy Tab.

“And he looked at me in the eye for all the three concerts!”I nudged her.

She frowned and looked at me immediately.

“Look what you’ve done. I lost in my game!”Soobin groaned and went back to her game.

“I don’t understand how you can be so chill when the concert’s about to start. They are the leaders of kpop, after all!”I rolled my eyes.

“Who cares? F(x) can dance better. And Amber is more handsome than Lee Donghae,”she replied.

“YAH! Amber is a girl! And that argument is invalid because they look alike,”I nudged her again.

“I SAID STOP NUDGING ME! URGH! I LOST AGAIN, THANKS TO YOU! And they DO NOT look alike. Stop putting them together!”she glared at me.

“One, you lost because of your incompetence. Two, I don’t get why your number one bias is a female,”I glared back.

She simply turned back to her game and continued playing. We’ve had this argument for tons of times and we know it wasn’t getting anywhere. When the queue finally started moving, I squealed to the annoyance of Soobin. When we got to our seat, she settled down comfortably before taking out my camera from her bag. She was here on a mission to help me take high quality photos of Super Junior while I immersed myself in the performances. Soon, the lights dimmed and the whole stadium screamed.

End of Haemin’s POV

Donghae’s POV

“Okay, everybody, stand by!”

My members and I gathered together and shouted ‘Let’s go and die!’ before proceeding to our places. All the while, my heart began beating at a rapid pace. We were finally holding our legendary Super Show 4 and I was really excited to meet our beloved Korean fans. It felt good performing on home ground since we were able to converse fluently with our fans. As the platform ascended, the screams accelerated as well. Looking at the sapphire blue ocean, I smiled. This is going to be awesome.

The whole time that I was performing, I tried to provide as much fan service as possible. Smiling at some fans and waving. These people are the ones supporting my career and my dream, after all. They are who I perform for. They are who I sing for. As I walked around the stadium, while singing, I looked around to see some fan boards. I love looking at them and reading what the fans have written for us.

“Donghae ah, look!”Eunhyuk tugged at my arm and I looked at where he was pointing.

He was pointing at a girl, sitting in the front row, holding onto an LED board that says, ‘Donghae oppa, marry me!’ When she saw me looking, her eyes had widened and she waved. Seeing as how harmless she looked, I waved back and she grabbed onto her friend’s arm. I shifted my gaze to look at her friend. Unlike her, her friend seemed to be rather…calm? She was just snapping away with her camera and doesn’t seem to have much of a reaction.

“Should I wave to her, as well?”Eunhyuk asked.

“Why not?”I replied.

Eunhyuk waved at the same girl and she waved back enthusiastically. I saw her mouthing, ‘Omo omo omo! Eunhae waved at me’ to her friend. But her friend didn’t even respond to her constant squeals and was really focused at taking pictures. The lights went off as the song ended and we went backstage. As the concert went on, I kept thinking about the girl with the camera. The way she was behaving was unlike any other fan I’ve met. Sure, there are fans who don’t scream into your face but she was on another level.

When given a chance, I walked right back to the same spot. The girl with the fan board began waving again and did a heart shape towards me. Seeing as how cute she looked, I did it back to her. I watched as she talked to her friend and could make out that she was saying ‘Did you see that?!’ to her. Her friend just smiled at her, seeing as how happy she was. She turned to look at me and it was as if time stopped. The camera was finally away from her face and I could perfectly see her features. She had long, curly hair and her eyes were big. Although she was wearing spectacles, she still looked perfect to me.

“Really considering marrying the girl? She’s cute, anyway,”Eunhyuk whispered into my ear and that caused the crowd to go wild.

That snapped me out of my thoughts and I decided to perform some fan service with my beloved Eunhyukkie. Since we were right in front of the girl who asked me to marry her, I could perfectly see her reaction as well as her friend’s. When I kissed Eunhyuk on his cheek, the girl would scream and her eyes would turn into a perfect rainbow shape. While her friend…just watched. The way she was just staring at me, made me feel like she was burning holes into my body.

“I think her friend isn’t a fan,”Eunhyuk commented and pulled me away.