Talk

Mrs Chae or Mrs Park?

Chapter 33: Talk

 
(The next morning) 
 
(Your POV) 
 
You woke up and find that you had received a text message from an unfamiliar number. 
 
'Greetings! This is Miss Alyna Choi and I'm the owner of Alyna's Makeup Co. I've seen your portfolio and interview and I have decided to give you a spot here at my company as a trainee. Come down to my office today at 2pm so that I can give you more brief details about this job. Have a nice day!' The message wrote. 
 
You apparently screamed your lungs out of joy. You were so happy and excited! The job that you've been waiting for! Finally!
 
You looked at the clock to check the time, 10.30AM. Hmm, you decided to get ready now so that you can take your own sweet time doing your makeup for today so that the owner, Miss Choi, will have a good first impression of you. 
 
(2PM
 
You knocked on the door with the sign 'CEO: Alyna Choi' hung at the door. 
 
"Come in!" You could hear someone replying to your knock from inside the room. 
 
You slowly turned the doorknob and entered the pink-coloured office. You then closed back the door after you. 
 
"You must be Park Yuri! Nice to meet you! Have a seat!" The lady, who is obviously Miss Choi, directed you. 
 
"Good afternoon Miss Choi, and yes, I'm Yuri." You gave her a warm smile. You couldn't help yourself but you stared at Miss Choi continuously. Her makeup was simple yet very attractive, no wonder she's the owner of this makeup company. Her pink sleeveless dress also makes her skin tone look fabulous. The pink shade is the right shade for her! She is indeed the owner of this place, huh? 
 
"Just call me Alyna, that'll do." She gave you a supportive smile. "Have a seat, Yuri!" 
 
'Wow, I only met her for the first day and the way she talks is so comfortable and as if she already knew me for a long time! This should be a good start right?" You thought as you took a seat in front of her on the other side of her desk. 
 
"Alright, I'd like to make this meeting a very quick one. Short and simple, that's me. Since I also have another meeting after this. So, like I said, I've already took a brief look of your portfolio and I like what I see. You're gonna make it big, that's what I believe. But of course before you're gonna be big and well known, you'll have to start from scratch, right?" Alyna explained as she was flipping through your portfolio and simultaneously looking at you as you just nodded to whatever she said. 
 
"So, I've decided to give you a spot as a trainee makeup artist here and you'll be assisting with the makeup of the KPop idols here in Seoul. Just like other trainees, I have assigned them to various rookie groups and they are now in charge of their makeup and as for you, I've already chose the rookie group that you'll be working with and I've already made arrangements and discussions with the group's manager and he agrees with you being their makeup artist." Alyna finally gave you her full attention. 
 
"So who's the group?" You asked politely. 
 
"Dalmatian. They just debuted yesterday and they have yet to get one permanent and fixed makeup artist for themselves so I thought you might be the real deal." She said. 
 
"Dalmatian?" You choked on the word. Dalmatian? That's Daniel's group right? Uh huh! That's definitely Daniel's group! 
 
"Yeah, Dalmatian. Don't know if you've heard about them before but their image is hip hop and cute at the same time. So you'll roughly know what type of makeup might suit them right?" Alyna asked with her eyebrows raised, obviously expecting a positive answer. 
 
"Uhh, yeah! Of course I do!" You assured her. You obviously couldn't say 'No' to her offer right? Especially to her very first offer! What will she think of you if you were to decline her offer? Not good!
 
"Okay good. I believe you can start work tomorrow. Be sure to come dressed in appropriate clothing, dresses are preferred. Be presentable. Even your hair too. No jeans and shirts are allowed as I can't stand the sight of sloppiness. And, no sandals! I prefer wedges or heels. And I apologise for being so fussy but I just prefer presentable-looking staffs and not untidy-looking ones." Alyna then gave a cheeky smile. 
 
"It's okay, I understand. I like looking presentable and neat too." You said. 
 
"Good then. This looks like a good start. We shall end our meeting here as of today and I'll see you again tomorrow at 3pm, same place. See you!" Alyna said as she stood up from her seat and extended her hand, indicating for a handshake. 
 
You gladly took her hand and shook it as you thanked her for the deal. 
 
Finally, you were out from the building and the first thing that you did was to call Daniel. 
 
He answered at the very first ring. 
 
"I got the job!" You exclaimed. 
 
"Wow! The makeup job? What took them so long?!" Daniel replied. 
 
"I don't know but I'm accepted as a trainee there!" You squealed. 
 
"Trainee? Wow, my trainee days were over and now it's your turn?" Daniel chuckled as he teased you. 
 
"Shut up, Danny boy! Stop teasing me! You should be supporting me!" You argued. 
 
"Hey, you're not the only one who can tease me okay!" He debated. 
 
"Argh! You're such a muddle headed boy!" You complained. 
 
"Yeah, I'm the muddle headed boy and you're the kind-hearted girl, and opposites attract, remember?" He said in a comforting tone, making you feel all loved again and somehow falling back in love with him again. 
 
'Aishhh this guy really knows how to capture my heart!' You thought. 
 
"Err, anyway, what are you doing there?" You said, trying to change the topic. 
 
"I just finished practice. Where are you?" Daniel asked. 
 
"I'm on my way home." 
 
"I'm coming over. See you in a bit." He said. 
 
"Wait! Whoa! What?!" You exclaimed. 
 
"Come on Yuri, sooner or later we still need to have this talk. We can't continue living like this. It's complicating!" Daniel sighed. Of course, this 'talk' must happen. The two of you are currently living in a difficult situation and it's utterly complicating. 
 
"Fine. See you then." You hung up the phone even before Daniel could answer. You then literally ran your way back home so that you can consult your sister for advice, again, before Daniel arrives. 
 

 

Yay! Double update today! Specially for you guys! Hope you guys love it! Muah muah! :D