One of a kind

Mrs Chae or Mrs Park?

Chapter 18: No doubt, she's one of a kind 

 
The past few weeks, Simon had been leaving texts and some missed calls. Frankly speaking, those calls weren't missed but you purposely ignored his calls. Things between you and Daniel keeps getting better and your love grew fonder and deeper. Realizing and noticing that, you totally did not want to ruin the whole relationship again. Simon had left texts of asking you out and also texts like 'Are you okay?' and some went like 'Where are you?'. Fortunately, Simon did not show up at your door step to check on you. If he did, you know just the right thing to do: Punch him in the face! Okay, that might be too overboard but seriously, if he ever does that, don't he think he's too much? You two aren't even friends for heaven's sake! 
 
You were chilling out in the kitchen with a plate of Spaghetti that your mum cooked earlier on. Together with an apple juice poured in your favorite Mickey Mouse cup at the side. You were meddling with your phone and texting with none other than, Daniel. Everything about the texts was pretty normal and the usual until Danny boy popped up a different question. 
 
'Baby! Baby! Do you wanna meet my new friends?!' 
 
Your eyes widen in excitement. You really do wanna see those future idols. You could get their autograph and take pictures with them and later once they debuted, you can spread the pictures and declare that you're the first fan of them to take a picture with them! Ooookay, somehow you didn't like how you sound cos you sound like a psycho. 
 
You replied: I'd love to! Send me the address! I'll go there now! Hehehe! :) 
 
While waiting for Daniel's reply, you quickly finished up your Spaghetti and apple juice and quickly wash your dishes before heading upstairs to your room.
 
You threw open your wardrobe and took out what you wanted to wear for the day. First impression is the most important one. 
 
You put on your denim jeans, your Mickey Mouse hoodie and your high-cut Adidas white-coloured sneakers. You tied your hair into a high side ponytail with your bangs falling perfectly down. 
 
Soon after, you received a text from Danny boy together with the address to his company's building. 
 
You grabbed your yellow bag pack and apparently skipped your way towards the address given. 
 
(Arrived) 
 
'So this is where he usually spends time at besides his house and my house. Looks like a cool building.' You thought as you clapped your hands and looked around. You waited impatiently for Daniel to fetch you from the lobby. While waiting, you spend the time looking around. 
 
"Yuri!" Daniel called from behind. 
 
"Baby!" You walked towards him. 
 
Daniel's face changed from happy to surprised. "Shhh..." He whispered. 
 
"What?" You looked puzzled. 
 
"Don't call me 'baby'. Don't you remember that no one here is to find out about us?" Daniel reminded you. 
 
"Oh yeah... I forgot... Sorry ba- Err I mean, Daniel." You nearly said 'baby' again. -.-
 
"Yeah, that's the way. Come on! Let me take you to our practice room!" 
 
(Daniel POV) 
 
I slowly turned the doorknob to our practice room. I pop my head in, "Hey guys, she's here!" 
 
I entered the room and gestured Yuri to enter as well. She slowly stepped in. 
 
"Annyeonghaseyo! Dalmatian imnida!" The members did their greeting, except Simon hyung. 
 
Simon hyung looked surprised, like as if he just saw a ghost passing by. I wonder why. 
 
I then peaked at Yuri's face and she look startled too. What's wrong with her? 
 
I waved my hand in front of Yuri, "Yah, Yuri! Introduce yourself!" 
 
(Your POV) 
 
'Am I dreaming? Is this a nightmare? Is that really Simon?' You thought. 
 
"Yah, Yuri! Introduce yourself!" Daniel exclaimed, making me flinch a bit. 
 
"Oh, sorry. Err, I'm Yuri. Daniel's-" 
 
"Bestfriend." Daniel cut in. 
 
'Right, I'm not supposed to say I'm his girlfriend! Silly me! Here, I'm no one to him. Remember that, Yuri!' You reminded yourself. 
 
You kept staring at Simon as he did the same. You totally can't believe it! Is that Simon's twin or is that really him? That guy there is an exact replica of Simon! It must be him! But, it's impossible! How can your boyfriend and your 'friend' know each other? Worse still, they're band mates! How can the world be so small?
 
"Nice to meet you, Yuri! I'm Inati! The leader of this group!" The tall guy, Inati, introduced himself. 
 
You bowed and smiled. 
 
"I'm Youngwon! Dancer and vocal, that's me!" The guy with pretty long hair said. 
 
"Hey there gorgeous, I'm Jisu! I'm the lead vocalist and I believe I'm the most good looking here." Jisu winked and chuckled. 
 
"Yah! Stop being so full of yourself, hyung!" Daniel exclaimed. 
 
You chuckled at Jisu's mischievous behavior. 
 
"Err... I'm Simon... Nice to meet you... I'm the rapper." Simon said as he focused his gaze on you. 
 
You slightly flinched when your eyes met with his. There was like a current passing through when your eyes and his were focused on each other. 
 
"Yah! Simon! Don't look at her that way! She's new here! Don't make her feel scared!" Inati commanded. 
 
"My apologies." Simon said as he break his eye contact with you and looked away. 
 
"Ooooo-kay. It's kinda awkward." Daniel said as he rubbed the back of his neck. 
 
"Sorry, excuse me but I need to go to the ladies for awhile." You excused yourself and without waiting for a reply from anyone, you barged out of the room and walked away with no sense of direction. 
 
You found a quite corner just a few meters away from the room and let out a loud sigh. 
 
'Its really him! I can't believe this! What if Daniel were to find out? It's not that Simon and I are dating or whatever but there's the clubbing thingy, and then the Simon's house thingy and then the dinner thingy... Gosh! Daniel would totally be mad, especially about the clubbing thingy! What am I supposed to do? Is Simon ever gonna tell Daniel about all those things? Is he?' You thought. 
 
Suddenly, someone interrupted your train of thoughts. 
 
"Ehem. How are you?" A husky voice filled the quiet atmosphere. 
 
You flinched and quickly look up to see who it was. 
 
"Simon?" 
 
"Yeah, it's me, Simon. So, how have you been lately?" Simon said as he walked closer to you. 
 
"Err, good?" You said, raising your eyebrow. 
 
"Hmm, okay. Good to hear that. So, you're Daniel's Bestfriend?" He said, leaning against the wall with his hands in his pocket. 
 
"Yeah. Why?" You replied, stepping back since Simon was coming closer and closer to you. 
 
"Nah, just curious. How'd you guys met?" 
 
"High school." You simply stated. 
 
"Oh... Do you, by any chance, know about Daniel's girlfriend?" 
 
Your mind was frozen for a second. Daniel's girlfriend? What does he mean by that? 
 
'I thought NO ONE here knows about us?' You thought. 
 
"Err... Daniel's girlfriend?" You tried to sound puzzled. 
 
"Yeah. He told me he had a girlfriend, but no one is supposed to know cos they were actually having a hard time and Daniel himself even insisted on a breakup but I told him to think through." Simon shrugged. 
 
"Oh, I see. Nope, I don't know her." You denied. 
 
"Alright then. So, how long have you and Daniel known each other?" Simon continued with his investigation. 
 
"5 years." You said. 
 
"Wow, that's a long time. You've known him for 5 years and you don't know that he has a girlfriend?" Simon said with a confused look on his face. 
 
"Well, maybe he doesn't want it to spread?" You shrugged. 
 
"Okay, you've got a point there." Simon nodded his head. "So, I was wondering, are you free after this?" 
 
"No!" You exclaimed the first word that came in your mind. 
 
"Why not?" Simon raised his eyebrow. 
 
'Gosh! Damn it! Why is he 'investigating'?! It's so annoying!' You thought. 
 
"I'm going out with Daniel. Sorry!" You quickly ran off back to the practice room, leaving psychotic Simon behind. 
 
(Simon POV) 
 
"I'm going out with Daniel. Sorry!" Yuri said and quickly ran away. 
 
I watched her as she flea away. 
 
This ones something different. This chick is a tough one. This is, hard! 
 
Everytime I try to score a date with her, it's either she's forced to or she rejects it. Seriously speaking, before I met her, my records were clean. My records were clean from rejected-by-ladies. No girl, not even one, has ever rejected me before, ever! 
 
What is she trying to do? Is she trying to play hard to get? Or is she trying to avoid me as much as she can so as to not fall in love with me? Pfft, that plan was done by some of my previous girls but in the end they still fall head over heels for me. No doubt, she is one of a kind! 
 
Park Yuri, you're not going away that easily.