Marry marry marry!

Mrs Chae or Mrs Park?

Chapter 36: Marry marry marry!

 
*SIMON'S STORY*
 
(Your POV) 
 
Life now is going steady for you, but you still feel lonely. Things between you and Daniel now are broken up, somehow. He was busy with his promotions and idol life whereas for you, you were busy avoiding him. You've went to Hawaii, Las Vegas, California, Jeju Island and even Paris for weeks just to avoid him even more. In the end, you decided to just break things off with Daniel as things weren't even improving, so what's the point of clinging on right?
 
But you've made it, eventhough it was tough at first to forget about Daniel, you've made it. It's been 2 years already and you've succeeded in managing it. 2 years back, you were given an awesome and incredible and worth-it promotion to become a makeup artist at Alyna Makeup Co but you declined. Why? Because if you accepted the job, you would have to face Daniel everyday since you would be responsible of being Dalmatian's makeup artist! By declining the offer, you believe that it was for the very best. And now, 2 years later, you're working in a florist shop as a florist of course. And yes, you were still waiting and anticipating for Simon. Of course you'll be waiting for him since he's the one you love and also because he saved your life! Daniel told you that Simon was your blood donor. Without Simon, you'd be dead by now! You were sure and confident that he will come back to Seoul. You were very sure that he will come back for you. For sure! 
 
Life for you now is simple. Waking up at 8am in the morning then have your breakfast and getting ready to go to work and then at 9am you'd always open the florist store and work till 5pm and then you'd return home and shower and have your dinner and go for your night jog at 9pm and then shower again and off to bed and 11pm. Life was really easygoing for you and you experienced no pressure. Even your phone bills decreased in amount greatly, since you had no one to text to or stay up at night to talk to on the phone. But you like it better that way though. This is the life that you wanted all along! 
 
(Simon POV) 
 
Finally, after 2 years of hard work and continuous revisions and assignments, I finally got my degree! This is the happiest day of my life! 
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
Mum opened the front door as I followed closely behind her. 
 
"Omma... Aren't you proud of me?" I asked her as I admired my certificate that I was holding on tightly to. 
 
"Yes! Of course I am proud of you, my son! All your hard work has paid off! Now you can buy us a bigger house!" Mum chuckled as I joined her as well. 
 
Dad suddenly popped in the door and joined in with our conversation. 
 
"What's so funny?" Dad said in his serious tone.
 
"Nothing, dear. Our dear Junho will buy us a bigger house!" Mum exclaimed. 
 
"Oh really? That's good! But, he must get married first!" Dad is talking about it again. Everytime he talk about marriage, I can't fail but to think of Yuri who is back there in Seoul. I wonder how she is now... 
 
"Oh come on dad! Not this again!" I whined. 
 
"Junho-ah, you're 27 years old already! How long are you gonna wait? Are you gonna get married when you turn 40? That's bull!" Dad nagged. 
 
"Omma ~ Can you please tell him to stop talking about this?" I complained to mum, but failed. 
 
"Junho-ah, your dad is right. I believe that you should get married as soon as possible! You're getting older and older day by day and not younger, remember that!" Mum nagged along. 
 
For the next 30 minutes, I was forced to listen to them nagging about marriage and my old age. But come to think of it again, they're actually right. I am supposed to get married by now! Some of the students in unversity are already planning for their wedding but what am I doing? I'm still here, single, a fool out of love! 
 
That very night, I wasn't able to fall asleep. I tossed and turned around in bed, thinking about the marriage issue. I didn't know that it would have such an impact on me that much. 
 
"For the past two years living here in  Japan, meeting new girls, going on blind dates, no one have attracted me! What is this?!" I mumbled to myself. "And, I can't believe that I'm still thinking about her. It's already two years! I should have forgotten about her already! Ergh!" 
 
I got up from my bed and walked over to my study desk. I opened one of the drawer and took out the box that was laying in there for quite some time. I opened the box and stared at the shimmering object sitting inside. 
 
"Hello ring, nice to see you again!" I waved stupidly at the ring with my other hand. "Been quite a while huh? Are you still waiting for her? Cause, I am." 
 
I then closed the drawer and brought the box along with me and headed back to my bed. 
 
"Ring, you'll be sleeping by my side tonight." I then place the box on my right side of the bed. "Okay, I can't believe I'm doing this stupid thing again but here I go. If I wake up tomorrow morning and I am laying facing the right side facing the box, then I must return to Seoul to meet her again but if I don't, then I won't go back and I'd have to forget about her! Okay! Deal!" I then lay back down on my bed facing the ceiling and pulled the blanket up. 
 
"Goodnight ring, sleep tight... Okay, I shall stop talking to an object!" I knocked my head before I closed my eyes. 

 

Hehehe double update today! I hope you guys like my updates today, eventhough it's quite dull. *sigh* :(