If only it was me

Mrs Chae or Mrs Park?

Chapter 28: 'If only it was me'

 
(Daniel POV) 
 
Here we are, Simon hyung, Yuri's mum, Sheia noona and I, waiting for the doctor to update us regarding Yuri's condition. It's been two hours already and we were still waiting anxiously outside the operating theatre. Praying and hoping was all we could do as for now. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The doctor finally came out from the operating theatre. His facial expression didn't show us any good. He shook his head as he slowly approached us with his clipboard. 
 
"I'm sorry, but we have to undergo another surgery for Miss Park. She lost too much blood that she is in an emergency state right now. A blood donor is what we need for her right now and once the surgery is done, hopefully she will regain consciousness." The doctor informed us. 
 
Simon hyung then spoke up, "May I ask, what is her blood type?" 
 
"B+" The doctor simply stated. 
 
"Err, can I have a short discussion with you, sir? In private?" Simon hyung said politely. The doctor nodded his head and both of them walked to a quiet corner. 
 
(Simon POV) 
 
"Err, can I have a short discussion with you, sir? In private?" I said politely. The doctor nodded his head and both of us walked to a quiet corner. 
 
"How can I help you?" The doctor spoke up once we were at a distance from the others. 
 
"I was wondering, if I could be the blood donor for her?" I whispered, trying my best to make sure that the others would not overheard our conversation. 
 
"Is your blood type the same as hers?" The doctor raised his eyebrow. 
 
"Mine's B+ too, sir." I assured him.
 
"Then why not? We need one a.s.a.p!" The doctor exclaimed. 
 
"Let's do it right now!" I suggested. 
 
"Sure sure. Let me prepare the things. Meet me at level two's blood test room with your identification card as well. Meet me there in ten minutes. May God bless you sir for being so generous." The doctor then gave me an encouraging smile as I just nodded my head solemnly. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
(Simon POV) 
 
It'd be a lie to say that the blood donating process didn't hurt, because it does hurt but the pain that I felt during the process could not beat the pain in my heart. I'd do anything for Yuri as long as she wakes up. How I wish that it was me who was the one who had met with the accident and not her. How I wish that it was me who was the one undergoing the surgery right now and not her. How I wish that I could prevent the accident from happening. How I wish that I could turn back time so that I could at least save her. She doesn't deserve this! It's too painful for her to bear. If only it was me. 
 
I slowly walked back to the operating theatre when I saw Daniel standing right outside the operating theatre, meddling with his phone. I peaked at what he was engrossed with and I saw that he was admiring pictures of him and Yuri together. They look so happy together, as though they're like siblings. 
 
"Miss her?" I voiced out causing Daniel to flinch as he quickly turned around to see who it was. 
 
"Hyung?" Daniel replied. His voice was very shaky and soft and I could tell that he had been crying. By looking at his red and puffy eyes, I could even confirm and guarantee that he cried, a lot. "I do miss her." 
 
"Me too. Let's just hope and pray for the very best for her alright." I squeezed his shoulders with my hands. 
 
"Thanks." 
 
"Whatever for?" I raised my eyebrow. 
 
"For saving my girlfriend. Thanks for being her blood donor." Daniel gave me a weak smile. 
 
'What did he just say? Girlfriend?' My train of thought went wild. 
 
"G-girlfriend?" I choked on the word. 
 
"Yeah. She's the one that I talked to you about. Remember when you advised me to continue on with my relationship and stay strong when it was going astray?" Daniel said beneath his breath. 
 
"Y-yeah..." My heart felt like it shattered into more than a million pieces. I forced myself and tried my best to keep the tears from falling. 
 
"Thanks a lot, hyung. I owe you a huge favor and I don't know how I should even repay you." Daniel said. 
 
"Well, you could do one thing for me." 
 
"What is it, hyung? Anything!" Daniel exclaimed. 
 
"Tell her, that you were the one who donated the blood to her. Don't tell her that I was the one who was the donor, okay?" 
 
Daniel looked surprised. "But, you're her donor and she should know that. It involves her life. I really think she should know." 
 
"Precisely, I'm her donor right? So I have the right to make my decision on whether I should tell her or not. And my decision is for her to not know that I'm her donor." 
 
"But, it involves her life, hyung! She should know!" Daniel protested. 
 
"I don't want her to know and that's final! Just do that as a favor, will you?" 
 
"But-" 
 
"Please?" I cut in even before Daniel could continue on protesting. 
 
"Alright, fine." Daniel's head then hung low. 

 

UPDATED! Alright babes! I seriously have no idea who to end Yuri up with! For a moment I want Daniel then the next moment I want Simon! So can you babes help me out by voting which of these three options do you pick and comment on your choice below :) {majority wins}

A) Daniel Chae

B) Park Simon

C) You're the author, you decide!