The Right One

Mrs Chae or Mrs Park?

Chapter 26: The right one

 
(Your POV)
 
You couldn't believe it. What? Did he just asked you to be his girlfriend? This is insane! But you had to admit, the way he asked you to be his girlfriend was the exact way any girl would want a guy to ask her. The way Simon did that was so romantic and loving and when you looked him in the eye, you felt his warmth and sincerety, like as if he really meant what he just said. But, of course, you knew that you shouldn't be saying 'Yes' because number one: You already have a boyfriend and number two: You don't even have feelings for him, you treat him just as a friend! 
 
But then again, you seriously didn't know how to kindly reject his offer. Your eyes shifted from the ring to Simon's face and back again. The more you looked at the ring and Simon's pure face, the more hard it was for you to reject it. You knew that it would be so mean and cruel to reject it since he prepared so much for it. He took you for dinner, he sang a song for you and now this. Finally, you decided to voice out. 
 
"Simon, this is... This is really amazing and sweet. Any girl would die for this but the thing is, I seriously don't know how to put this." 
 
Simon stared straight into your eyes, making your knees grow weak and your heart dropped. "It's okay, take your time." He said. 
 
You took a deep breath and let it out in an instant. "The thing is, I, I... I already have a boyfriend." 
 
His head hung low the moment you said you have a boyfriend. He closed the lid of the box and kept the box of ring away in his pocket. He immediately stood up. 
 
"I'm... I'm so sorry... I didn't know... I, I'm really sorry..." He said beneath his breath. 
 
"No, I'm the one who's supposed to say sorry. I'm sorry for all of this. You don't deserve to be treated this way. I'm really really sorry." You looked away. You couldn't stare at Simon's eyes without being strong. There's something about Simon's stare that you felt was something different. 
 
"It's not your fault, Yuri..." He whispered. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
There was a long and awkward pause between your conversation with Simon until Simon decided to break the ice. "I think we should head home now." He then offered his hand for you to take. You immediately took his hand and he slowly pulled you up from your sitting position. You felt his warmth and secured hands when you were holding hands with him. Somehow, when you're holding hands with him, you felt safe and secured. Like as if the whole world couldn't harm you! You seriously didn't know why you felt like that but it was totally awkward for you. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~ 
 
Finally, you've reached your doorstep. You turned behind to wave farewell to Simon, who was in the car. You could see him waving back slowly. You then entered your house and closed the door behind you. Soon after, you could hear Simon's car drove off. 
 
Your heart sink to the bottom pit. You felt really bad for what you had done to Simon. You thought that he didn't deserve it, not at all! The sincerity and pureness that his eyes was staring at you, the sweet and romantic voice when he sung for you, the thoughtful and beautiful couple ring that he bought for you, he just doesn't deserve this ! 
 
You then held up your hand right in front of your face. You stared at the shimmering and beautiful ring on your finger that has 'Daniel' carved beautifully on it with a diamond stone at the centre. 
 
"Eventhough we've been together for 2 years already, I've never felt this way towards you before. Why?" You whispered. 
 
Without wasting anymore time, you decided to head to your sister's room for some advice. She does gives you the best and most helpful advice ever. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
"Unnie, can I talk to you?" You said beneath your breath. 
 
Your sister closed the screen of her laptop as she sat up straight on her bed, "Yeah? What is it?" 
 
You entered her room and closed the door behind you. You then proceeded to sit on your sister's bed. "I have a problem." 
 
"What is it now, Yuri-ah?" 
 
"Between a used-to-be bad guy but now a sweetheart, and your loving and long lasting boyfriend, who would you choose?" You said. 
 
"Depends." She shrugged. 
 
"Depends on what?" You creased your eyebrows. 
 
"Depends on how I feel towards them." She took a deep breath before continuing. "Sometimes, the person that you think is the right one for you and so-called your Mr Right, turns out to be not and the one who you've always ignored and didn't think much off, turns out to be the one for you. It always happens that way. People are just blinded by what they think is love." 
 
"So, are you saying that Daniel is not the one for me?" 
 
"I don't know. You decide. I don't know how you feel for him." She shrugged. 
 
"I don't know either, I'm quite confused right now. I've been together with Daniel for so long but I've never felt how I felt with Simon when I'm with Daniel. The way Simon looks at me, the way he holds my hand, he does everything like as if he sincerely wants to do it with all his heart and not because that he needs to do it. But as for Daniel, I can feel that he does it all just because he's my
boyfriend and he is supposed to do all that." 
 
Your sister took another deep breath and let it out. "Love and like, these are totally different things. From what I see and observe, you and Daniel just like each other. As for love, it happens when you can't stop thinking of the other person and when you're with him, you feel all safe and protected. You'll also feel so special and like the happiest girl on the planet. Do you feel like that when you're with Daniel or Simon?" 
 
You sighed. "Unfortunately, it's not Daniel." 
 
"Then I guess you've got your answer now right?" Sheia unnie then gave you a warm and supporting hug. 
 
"Thanks, I really needed that." 
 
"No problem! Just, make sure you make the right decision and don't regret it in the future." Sheia unnie then ruffled your hair. 

 

 

 

Ohhhh! Who is Yuri gonna choose??? Ohhhh cliffhanger! Kekeke stay tuned lovelies! :D