Rare

Mrs Chae or Mrs Park?

Chapter 15: Rare

 
"Yeah?" You lazily answered. 
 
"I believe my phone's with you, miss." The voice on the other line replied, huskily. 
 
"H-hu-HUH?!" You quickly got up from bed and checked the caller ID: Simon. 
 
"Let's meet so I can retrieve back my phone. Breakfast?" Simon suggested. 
 
"Where did you left your phone?" You asked. 
 
"I don't know! What did you bring along last night? Maybe it's in there, I think?" 
 
You quickly got up and scrambled through your purse and eventually found an unfamiliar device in your purse. "Got it! It's with me. How did it landed in my purse anyway?" You were puzzled and thinking hard, trying to recall how Simon's phone was with you. 
 
"I don't know. Maybe it slipped in by accident. So, let's go for breakfast then. I'll fetch you in around 30 minutes?" Simon suggested.
 
You were about to agree when you suddenly remembered your breakfast date with Daniel. "Err..." You wanted to decline his offer but you didn't know how to. You've never really declined anyone's offer, ever. 
 
"So?" 
 
You thought about it for a moment. It was an awkward silence. One side of your brain wants to just accept Simon's offer because you didn't know how to decline him but the other side of your brain wants to have a sweet breakfast with Daniel. Recalling the incident when you and Daniel fought, you suddenly felt terrified. You totally did not want that to happen again. Realizing who's breakfast date was more important, you finally spoke up. "Umm... Can you just drop by my house, claim back your phone and just go?" 
 
You tried your best not to sound rude but you failed. "Whoa... Ooooookay... But why?" Simon questioned. 
 
"Err... I actually already have a breakfast meeting with someone else. Sorry." 
 
"Ohhhh... Okay. So I was just one step late huh?" Simon said.
 
"I guess?" 
 
"Hmm okay then. I don't wanna force you. Well, I'll just come by now okay." Simon asked.
 
"Okay. Bye!" You hung up the phone. 
 
You layed back down on your bed and sighed. Of course, you were sighing of relief. Just as you were about to chillax for awhile, someone knocked on your door. 
 
"Yeah?" You answered, without looking at your door. You heard your door open. 
 
"Yuri, your knight and shining armor is here." You recognize your unnie's voice. 
 
"Ha-ha! Very funny, Sheia. He's still sleeping. He sleeps like a pig, everyone knows that. It's impossible for him to be up so early." You scoffed. 
 
"Not today baby. Surprise surprise ~" Another voice was heard. Your eyes widen in surprise. Why does that voice sound so familiar? It can't be him right? He's still sleeping! It's impossible! 
 
You quickly got up and turned to face your door. Yes indeed, your knight and shining armor is really here. Your unnie's not lying afterall. 
 
"Hah, told ya." Sheia rolled her eyes and dragged herself back to her room lazily. 
 
"Good morning sunshine!" Daniel went in your room and closed the door behind him. 
 
"Ha... Haha... Hi... Hey! Mor-morning..." You faked a smile. You got all tensed by thinking of the fact that your boyfriend is already at your house and Simon is on his way to your house. How is this to be solve?! This is another freaking problem! ! How how how how how?! 
 
"Are you okay, baby?" Daniel walked towards you and leaned in closer to get a closer view of your face. 
 
"Yeah." You said under your breath.
 
"You look... Uncomfortable... Maybe more of... Shock.." Daniel said while examining your face and nodding his head slowly. 
 
"Heh... Nahh... I'm alright. Just, tired." You tried to sound convincing. 
 
"Tired? My baby's tired? Oh, poor thing." Daniel pouted and pat your head. 
 
"Stop it, silly boy." You flicked his hand away and crossed your arms across your chest while glaring at him. 
 
"Ooo, now my tired baby is an angry baby. Ooo..." Daniel teased.
 
"Don't you have anything better to do, Danny boy?" You changed the topic. 
 
"I do." He replied.
 
"And what is that?" You asked. 
 
"To go on a breakfast date with my tired slash angry baby." Daniel winked. 
 
"You're lucky I'm not a violent baby today if not I'm gonna strangle you!" You slapped his chest and got up to head to the bathroom. 
 
"Ooo... Now my baby is a smelly baby cos she haven't showered yet." Daniel whined. 
 
"Yah! Daniel Chae! Did you eat the right pills? Or did you overdose?" You said sarcastically while grabbing your towel. 
 
"I'm overdose." He said. 
 
"As expected." You continued with your sarcasms.
 
"I'm overdosed with your love, bay-behhh!" Daniel sung. 
 
"You're cray-zehhhhh!" You rolled your eyes before stepping in the bathroom. 
 
Soon after you stepped out of the bathroom, a familiar honking was heard. 
 
'Oh , how could I forgot about Simon?" You thought. 
 
You quietly grabbed Simon's phone on your bed and tip-toes your way out of the door. Daniel was meddling with your laptop with the earpiece on. He can easily be in his own world of music so you were confident that he won't notice you. 
 
Indeed, you were right. You rushed down the stairs and threw open your front door and ran towards Simon's car. As you approached nearer, Simon rolled down his car window. 
 
"Hey, morning. How are you?" Simon greeted as he took off his shades cooly. 
 
"Yeah yeah hello. Good morning. I'm fine. Thanks for asking. Here's your phone. Now if you'll excuse me, goodbye." You replied lazily but quickly before turning back on your heels. 
 
Before you could escape, Simon interrupted. "You look good today." 
 
"Yeah okay thanks." You ignored his flirtatious comment and replied while rolling your eyes. 
 
"Have a good day ahead, babe!" Simon exclaimed. 
 
You turned back and continued walking back to your front door while lifting up your right hand with a thumbs up sign, for Simon. 
 
"Guys." You mumbled under your breath and closed the front door behind you. 
 
(Simon's POV) 
 
"Have a good day ahead, babe!" I exclaimed. 
 
Yuri turned back and walked back to her house with a thumbs up sign. 
 
"This girl is making me crazy!" I murmured as I stared at her backview. Finally she closed her front door. 
 
"Gosh... Why is she so hard? Why is she playing so hard-to-get? Why is she like this? It's impossible. This is outrageous. This can't be happening." I combed through my hair with my fingers. "What else should I do? I'm outta plans! Damn it! She's the first one! None of the previous girls have ever done this to me. This is rare. She is rare. She's weird, she's extremely weird! What to do? What to do? WHAT TO DO?!" I murmured to myself as I stepped on the gear. 
 
'I must do something about this. I must.'