"I already have a boyfriend"

Mrs Chae or Mrs Park?

Chapter 38: "I already have a boyfriend"

 
(Simon POV) 
 
Tick tock tick tock, the time is already 5.15PM. I've waited for almost two hours for Yuri to return and I'm outside her house, sitting on the grass. One of my hand held the bouquet of roses whereas my other hand held the box of ring. In my mind, I was mentally thinking of how to phrase the sentences and put them nicely together so that it won't sound so plain and typical.
 
"Yuri... You are my princess like in those fairytales!" I shook my head vigorously. "Too oldie..." 
 
I thought of other lines, "Yuri, you are my knight and shining amour!" I shook my head again, rejecting the line. "Noooo! That's for a male! Gosh! Why is it so hard?!" 
 
"Think, brain, think..." I mumbled to myself. 
 
Just as I was about to think of other lines, someone interrupted. 
 
"Err... Simon?" Without me realising, Yuri was already in front of me. She was kneeling down so that her eye level was the same as mine. 
 
"Oh! Yuri! When did you-" 
 
Even before I could finish off my sentence, Yuri abruptly interrupted me again. "What are you doing here?" 
 
"Err..." I seriously didn't know what to reply! My brain was jammed up. 
 
"Stalker." She exclaimed. 
 
"Hey! I wasn't stalking you! Seriously!" I defended myself. 
 
"Liar. Then what are you doing here?" She raised her eyebrows. 
 
"I... I... I just wanted to say hi!" I faked a smile. 
 
"Something smells fishy. Come on, what do you want?" 
 
"Alright, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!" I mumbled to myself. 
 
"What? Pardon?" She said. 
 
"Oh, nothing." I shook my head. "Anyway, do you mind if I ask you something?" 
 
"What is it?" She replied. 
 
"Are you and Daniel, by any chance, still together?" Of course I have to ask that question first before confessing to her, yet again. 
 
"Why do you wanna know?" She raised her eyebrows. 
 
"Oh, nah. I was just asking." 
 
She let out a small chuckle, "We broke up." 
 
My eyes instantly grew larger, "WHY?!" 
 
Due to my exclamation, Yuri flinched backwards. "Woah! Chillax! No need to scream!" 
 
"I wasn't screaming! Anyway, WHY?!" Okay, I accidentally shouted again. 
 
Yuri shook her head before replying, "Well, I guess we're just not fated to be together." 
 
"But-" 
 
"Nah, let's not talk about this shall we? It was long long ago, and it happened in a faraway land!" Yuri cut me off even before I could finish my sentence. As she was saying her statement, she adjusted her voice into a somewhat narrator's voice from one of those fairytale stories which caused me to laugh out loud. 
 
"Why are you laughing?" She adjusted her voice back to her original pitch. 
 
"Nothing! You're funny!" I pointed my index finger at her. 
 
"You, mister, is so very lame! That wasn't even a joke!" She rolled her eyes as she pushed my finger away. 
 
"But, but the way you sound was so funny!" 
 
"Shut up! Hey! Don't try to change the subject will ya?! Why are you here?!" She exclaimed.
 
"Me? Why I'm here?" I exclaimed.
 
"Yeah, you! Who else? The tree?" She rolled her eyes. 
 
"Well, I thought if I could ask you for some bandage." I said, looking into her eyes. 
 
"What for? Did you hurt yourself?" Yuri quickly studied my face, hands and foot for any sign of injury. 
 
"I need a bandage because I accidentally hurt myself when I fell for you." 
 
She then looked me in the eyes and started chuckling. "What was that? Where did you learn that from?" 
 
I rubbed the back of my neck and giggled, "Google." 
 
I then extended my hand revealing the bouquet first followed by the box of ring. 
 
"I know I did this like two years ago, and I can't believe I'm doing it again now but Yuri, you're just so special. When I eat, I think of you. When I study, I think of you. When I shower, I think of you. When I sleep, I dream about you. And even when I , I think of you." 
 
Yuri then let out a loud laugh. "WHAT?!" 
 
"Seriously! I'm not kidding! That's how special you are to me! I go on blind dates and I go out to meet other girls in Japan, but in the end I just find them boring and they are nothing compared to you. The way you talk, and the way you walk, just makes me mesmerized by it. Then what about your smile, and your eyes? Oh girl, you got me falling madly with your smile and eyes!" I then giggled, shy to say the next few lines. "If it's okay for you, I'd like to ask you to be my girlfriend, again." 
 
Yuri chuckled. "I'm sorry about that." 
 
"It's okay." I smiled. "Yuri, you're one in a million, one of a kind, one of all! Would you like to spend more time with this idiot here and accept this idiot as your lovely and charming boyfriend?" 
 
"You're so full of yourself!" She punched me in the stomach. 
 
"That's why I call myself an idiot!" I exclaimed. "So, what do you say? You, plus me, equals, love?" I raised my eyebrows playfully. 
 
"But, I already have a boyfriend." She whispered. 
 
My face changed from realistic to drastic. What did she say? 
 
"You have a boyfriend?" My voice all shaky, the nightmare's coming back again! 
 
Just as I was about to have a mental breakdown, Yuri giggled. 
 
"Why are you giggling?" I said under my breath. 
 
"Oh Simon!" She slapped my shoulder. 
 
"What?" I was confused. 
 
"I don't have a boyfriend!" She exclaimed, laughing away. 
 
"Ohhhh! So you were playing a fool with me huh?!" I tickled her stomach. 
 
She giggled and tried to push my hands away but she failed. 
 
"Stop! Stop! Ticklish! Ticklish!" She cried out. 
 
"This is what you get if you disturb me!" I continued on tickling her. 
 
"Please! Stop! I have something to say!" She exclaimed as I stopped tickling her so as to listen to what she's got to say. 
 
"As I was saying, I don't have a boyfriend but-" 
 
"But what?" I abruptly cut her off.
 
"But, I already have one now." She said as she smiled at me. 
 
"So, is that a yes?" I raised my eyebrow. 
 
"Oh no, that was a no. A stupid freaking no." She then plastered on a lame face that looks like this >>> ( -.-" ) 
 
"Yah! Yuri! I'm gonna punish you!" I exclaimed and Yuri, being the smart one, quickly stood up and ran away and headed towards her front door. 
 
"You can run but you can't hide!" I laughed out loudly as I chased after her.