Mistakes

Mrs Chae or Mrs Park?

Chapter 20: Mistakes

 
(Daniel POV) 
 
After the awkward lunch with Simon hyung(I kept quiet the whole time), the next thing i knew was that i found myself already in front of Yuri's house. What else? I knocked on the front door. Not long after, Sheia noona answered the door. 
 
"Hey, Daniel! What are you doing here?" Sheia noona looked confused. 
 
"Hi noona... Umm, i just... I just wanna meet Yuri." 
 
"Ohh... So you dont wanna meet me?" She said while chuckling away. She never fails to joke around, just like her sister. 
 
"Haha... Sorry but not today. Is she in?" I peaked inside. 
 
"Unfortunately, no. I thought she was with you?" 
 
"Err... Was but not anymore. I thought she headed home?" I was even more confused. Where could she have been to? Where is she now? 
 
"Hmm... If she's not with either you or me, then I guess she's walking solo now? I think she should be home by night, don't worry. Would you like to come in while waiting for her?" 
 
"Yeah, sure. Okay." I dragged my legs inside Yuri's house. I settled down at the couch while Sheia noona headed towards the kitchen. 
 
(5 minutes later) 
 
"I hope tea is okay." Sheia noona reappeared and placed a cup of tea in front of me. 
 
"Yeah, it's fine. Thanks!" Before she could walk away, I asked her the question that I'd been longing to ask. "Noona, do you, by any chance, know Simon?" 
 
Her face stiffened. Her expression wasn't good. Her eyebrows creased. Her smile earlier on turned upside down. She looks like she knows a whole bunch of things that have yet to be shared and told. 
 
"No, I don't know who is Simon." She quickly headed up the stairs. 
 
"Noona, please... For once, I'm just asking for your help, please... Noona, help me..." I pleaded her. 
 
She froze at her spot. She slowly turned her body to face me. Her eyes slowly rolled up to meet my eyes. She finally looked up to face me directly. 
 
"Actually, I do know him." She finally spoke up after a few seconds of clueless eye contact. 
 
"How? And what happened?" 
 
"I'm saying this so that you and my sister won't end up in a huge arguement again. I hate to see when that happens. I mean like, the two of you are a couple, so act like one!" She suddenly exclaimed. 
 
"Noona... What do you mean?" Yes, I was confused with what she said. 
 
"Oh, Daniel! Don't tell me you're not aware!?" She sighed in frustration while I slowly shook my head. 
 
"Daniel, what I notice is, you don't give Yuri a chance to speak. You don't listen to her explanation. You don't lend her a listening ear when something big comes up. You don't give her a chance to voice out her reasons. I'm not saying this because she's my sister and I'm siding her but I'm saying this as factsheets. And as for Yuri, she doesn't try to force you to listen to her. She just let you lecture her and she just kept quiet like a dumb fool! I mean, you two are adults right? Act like one! If you have a problem, talk things out with each other and don't jump to conclusions and in life, we don't make assumptions! That's the number one thing that you shouldn't be doing, especially in a relationship!" She walked closer and gripped my shoulders with her hands. "Daniel, take this as an advice. Once Yuri comes home later on, you ask her yourself about Simon. AND, don't, I repeat, don't, jump to conclusions and assume this and that. Listen to her. Trust me, all the words that were to come out from are all truths and facts and trust me Daniel, she is not lying. She never lies! Especially to her loved ones! You should know that too right, Danny?" 
 
Noona's right. How could I even neglect my responsibilities as a boyfriend? How could I have not listened to her explanations? How could I be such a mean and heartless boyfriend all this while? How? HOW?!
 
"Got it?" Sheia noona asked, making me fall out of my thoughts. 
 
"Oh! Yes, yes. Thank you so much, noona! I don't know what's gonna happen if you didn't advice me and all. Thanks, again." I replied. 
 
"No problem, Dan! Anytime! Remember, listen to her. Ok?" 
 
I nodded my head solemnly as a reply. 
 
"Good boy! Your mum must be so proud!" She ruffled my hair as she made her way up the stairs. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~
(Daniel POV) 
 
I waited for almost 5  hours for Yuri to return home when finally I saw her walking at the front pavement. 
 
Not long after, her bedroom door slammed open without her noticing me sitting at one corner in the dark. 
 
She took off her shoes and threw her bagpack aside and jumped in her bed. 
 
"Why????????" She sighed, her body lying on the bed with her hands spreaded wide open, as if she's upset. Well, of course she is, right?
 
 
 

 

I thought you guys had waited long enough and here it is! AN UPDATE! I hope you guys love it! Please continue on supporting and commenting and subscribing because you know that I can't do this without your support right? Hehehe saranghae ;)