The Dinner

Mrs Chae or Mrs Park?

Chapter 13: The Dinner

 
[In Simon's car] 
 
"You're looking good today... As usual." Simon said with his wide smile. 
 
"Thanks!" You replied while staring out the car window. 
 
Simon cleared his throat loudly to get your attention but you still continued staring outside. 
 
"Err... Where do you wanna eat?" Simon asked. 
 
"You're the one who asked me out. So you should decide." 
 
"Umm... Ooookay..." Simon replied softly. 
 
Finally the two of you reached the destination and it was at a huge restaurant build in a form of a cruise on top of the sea. It was beautiful, to be honest. Daniel had never bought you to places like this but it's not that you really wanted to go since its definitely expensive and you totally dislike it when Daniel spends money impulsively. 
 
As you entered the restaurant, there were a few steps downwards leading to the main dining hall. Simon walked slightly faster forward and held out his hand so you took it and he slowly lead you down the stairs. Probably because you're using your killer heels and he's afraid you might fall again or simply just because he's a gentleman? Oh well. 
 
The menu was passed to you and Simon and the two of you browsed the menu, quietly. 
 
"So... What do you wanna eat?" Simon asked, not even 1 minute of browsing.
 
"Err... But we just-" 
 
Simon cut in, "Oh haha. Sorry! I just wanted to break the silence." 
 
You looked back down on your menu, while he also did the same. 
 
[After dinner] 
 
"So how's the food?" Simon asked, while the two of you are waiting for the change from the waiter. 
 
"Delicious!" You exclaimed.
 
Simon laughed a little, "I know right!" 
 
"Thanks for the treat, Simon-shi!" 
 
"You're welcome. We should do this again next time." Simon suggested.
 
You rubbed the back of your neck while confessing, "Err... We should? Should we? But... Err... I don't know how to put this nicely but... Our dinner session was quite... Boring." You gave him the most pleasant smile you could come up with. 
 
"Umm... I actually agree with you. Hmm, then we could try other things then! Bowling? Karaoke? Shopping? Cycl-" 
 
Before he could finish off his sentence, the waiter cut in.
 
"Thank you for coming here and we hope the two of you will visit us again. We're having Couple Night every Friday, so you two lovebirds might consider coming." The waiter announced.
 
"WHAT?! Cou-?" 
 
Simon quickly cut in, "Alright thanks!" He then grabbed your wrist and dragged you away from the waiter and eventually out of the restaurant. 
 
"Why did you pull me away? I wasn't done with him yet!" You complained.
 
"Naw come on. It was just a misconception!" Simon shrugged. 
 
"You should have corrected him." You rolled your eyes. 
 
"Well, it doesn't matter. We don't even know him." He said cooly.
 
You decided to not press on any further. "Ooookay." 
 
"So where should we go now?" Simon asked.
 
Due to the oh-so boring dinner, you decided to just head home and rest. "Err... Can you just send me home?" 
 
"Huh?! But it's still early!" Simon argued.
 
"I said, can you just send me home?" You glared at him. 
 
Simon noticed your glare and quickly replied, "Oo-okay. Let's get in the car." He then opened the car door for you. 
 
While the two of you were in the car, on the way back to your house, you accidentally fell asleep. Simon didn't wanna bother you so he just continued driving. 
 
'If I wanna succeed my mission, I must achieve more dates with her. But with today's dinner, I don't think she'll ever wanna go out with me again. I must do something to get her to agree to go out with me next time.' Simon thought in his mind. 
 
Luck was like, by Simon's side. Right after he was thinking about the whole mission thingy, something caught his eye. Something that was useful and was lying on top of the dashboard, in front of you. 
 
When Simon reached a certain traffic light and was waiting for it to turn green before he could continue driving, he slanted towards his right and leaned in closer to check whether you were still asleep. He then slowly grabbed your purse, that was the useful thing, and slid his phone in your purse and nicely place your purseback on top of the dashboard. 
 
The traffic light turned green and Simon stepped on. He smirked to himself, 'Hah! There's no way you're gonna get away from me easily, Yuri. Like I said, I won't let you off scot-free.'