Simon, the Chef

Mrs Chae or Mrs Park?

Simon and you finally reached his house. Simon put you down slowly at the couch in his living room and rushed to the kitchen.

The pain was excruciating but you try your best to keep your cool and act as if it doesn't really hurt since you don't like to get attention. Simon came back with a first aid kit box and a pack of ice. He sat beside you but he was sitting on the floor. He gently grabbed your leg and place the pack of ice gently and carefully on your ankle. He massaged it gently. While he was so-called taking care of you, you watched his every move. You noticed how careful he was so as to not hurt your ankle even more. You noticed sweated streaming down his face and neck, and you realized how superbly heavy you are.

After about 5 minutes applying the ice pack, he opened up the first aid kit and grabbed a bandage and helped to bandage your ankle.

"This bandage is to help you not move vigorously. Remember that." Simon reminded.

"Yes sir!" You replied in a somewhat soldierly tone, making him laugh a little.

"Come on! Let's have supper!" He invited while slowly helping you up.

When you finally got up standing, Simon grabbed your left hand and slung it over his shoulder, wrapped his right arm around your waist and helped you walk over to the kitchen.

"I can walk by myself, really." You insisted.

"Of course you can but that will just slow down your recovery period then. You don't want that do you?" He peered at you.

You just stared at the ground and continued, "So what are we having for supper?"

"Umm... I was thinking of cooking something." He said.

"Cook? At a time like this?" You raised your eyebrow in disbelief.

"Well, I heard you said that you hadn't had your dinner yet. You must be starving!" He exclaimed.

"Don't worry about me, seriously! I skip meals sometimes, I'm used to it." You shrugged.

"Goodness! That's unhealthy for you, Yuri-shi!" Simon shook his head.

Finally the two of you reached the kitchen which took like forever since you're limping.

Simon helped you to settle down on the chair. Afterwards, he rushed to the refrigerator and got out the eggs, cheese and ham. He started frying the ham first. Followed by frying the eggs and adding the cheese on top of the egg, allowing the cheese to melt. He then grabbed two pieced of bread and place the ham and cheese melted in egg on one piece of bread and place the other piece to finish off his dish.

"Olla! Simon's Ham, Egg, and Cheese sandwich! Bon appetite!" He place the dish in front of you on the table. You giggled at his chef-like actions. Lucky he's not wearing the tall chef's hat.

He went over to the counted and grabbed a cup and made cocoa. He sipped the hot cocoa while making his way back to the table, sitting beside you.

"Why aren't you eating?" Simon asked with curiosity after he realised that you hadn't touched your food yet.

"Why aren't YOU eating?" You questioned him back.

"Hey, I asked you first! Besides, I'm not hungry. You go ahead." He replied.

"Well okay then! Your sandwich looks tempting!" You exclaimed while grabbing the sandwich with your hands. You took the first bite and woah, not bad for a bachelor. He cooks well, it tastes delicious!

"So how is it?" His gaze was locked on your mouth that was chewing the food slowly.

"Umm... Okay but not as nice as it looked like." You lied while swallowing down the sandwich.

"Seriously?" He looked shocked and he nearly spitted out his cocoa drink but eventually he managed to hold them back.

"Yeah." You continued lying, trying to see how he reacts.

"Hmm, that's ironic. You're the first one to say such things about my cooking." He scratched his head.

"Well then, I guess my taste is really high standard then huh?" You teased.

"Ha-ha, yeah right!" Simon replied but continued frowning afterwards.

He was looking at you taking your every bite of his sandwich and he frowned even more. He kept on biting his lower lip, looking worried and unsatisfied. You couldn't stand that till you decided to end the drama.

"Ok look, your sandwich is actually delicious and I was just pulling your pants earlier on. So can you please now look somewhere else? It's making me annoyed!"

"I KNEW IT!" He suddenly bursted.

"Woah..." You jerked a little, surprised by his loud voice.

"I know I'm a good cook and it's impossible for my cooking to !" He exclaimed.

"Yeah yeah... Bla... Blabla... Blablabla..." You rolled your eyes and continued chewing your food.

The two of you finally finished supper and decided to watch television since the two of you wasn't sleepy yet. Simon sat right beside you.

Not even 10 minutes passed and you realized something...

"Haha... You saw that kid just now? He's so hilarious!" You laughed while pointing at the television screen, obviously entertained by the comedy show.

- No respond from Simon -

"HAHAHA! THAT WOMAN... You saw that? HAHAHAHA!" You continued laughing, without looking at Simon.

-Still no reponse-

The comedy show finally had a commercial break and you finally stopped laughing your off. After catching your breath, "Yah, why aren't you laughing?"

Just as you were about to turn to face Simon, he suddenly move, stretching his body, his eyes closed and he cuddled closer to you and finally rested his head on your left shoulder.

Your eyes widen in surprise. "Err... Yah... Simon-shi..." You poked his head lightly.

-No response-

"Ottoke? Am I suppose to leave him here or am I supposed to drag him to his room? But wait, I don't know which one is his room! He has so many rooms in his house! Umm... I think I'll just stay here then. Besides, he must be really tired huh? Hmm... I am that heavy aren't I?" You smiled while mumbling to yourself.

You switched off the television with the remote control and closed your eyes, drifting to sleep, with Simon's head on your shoulder.