Chapter 9

Give Me A Smile

 

Your POV

 

I cannot believe it happened. My brother was kidnapped and I didn’t know?!

What does that make me, world’s most irresponsible sister?

I walked in the party and looked for Tao. Ju Yerin, I should talk to that woman. How dare she mess with my family?

Then, I saw her talking with one of the business people.

Oh honey, you didn’t just pour your red wine on me. I felt a smirk form on my lips as I began to walk towards her.

“Don’t.” I felt someone pull me back.

“Think about it. We’re in a party right now.”

I looked up, why did he have to be so tall?!

“She harmed my brother. She shouldn’t be just walking around freely.”

I saw his brows furrow.

“I know. But you cant just…explode here.”

“I’m not my brother, Kris-ssi.” I shook my head as I shrugged my hand off his grip.

“I’m sorry. I can’t let go. If you confront her, chances are you’ll get hurt too, then Tao would explode.”

I looked at him.

“Noona, oh, there you are.”

Kris dropped his hand. I looked away. Tao nodded at me.

“You and I, we need to talk about what happened.”

Tao looked at his friend.

“Now, don’t start glaring at him, Edison Hwang. You should have told me.”

“But~”

 

Kris’s POV

 

“But~”

“No buts. I want the truth or else I’ll tell haraboji.”

Tao’s eyes widened.

“Noona, don’t~”

“Tell me the truth and I’ll send the Huangfu army after her.” She smirked and walked away.

Proven, Hwang Jooyoung is a more…..subtle version of Tao.

“I told you so. Should have told her earlier.”

“Ge, how could you!?”

“She asked okay? Plus, you walked out on her.” I replied.

“And to think I thought you were the only one not beguiled by her beauty.” He muttered.

“Ya, I’m not~”

“Whatever, hyung. I’ll look for my sister first.” He waved one hand dismissively and left.

I find her beautiful, but I am not beguiled.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

The siblings went home. Not a word was uttered as they walked in the house. Jooyoung was worried, Tao kept something so big from her. She felt like she was a negligent sister. She sighed as she went up to her room. Tao was the male heir; of course he’d be more targeted. Huangfu is not a small company after all.

She sighed, as she lay flat on her bed.

“Maybe this leave will do good after all.” She whispered, and then her phone began to ring.

“Hello?”

“Jooyoung, it’s me.”

“Oh, oppa. What’s up?”

“Are you free tomorrow? Let’s get some coffee.” Suho said.

“I think I am, I’ll give you a call.”

“Hmm, arasso. Good night.”

“’Night oppa.”

Jooyoung smiled as she placed her phone down. Finally she had a friend she could talk to.

 

Kris went back to their house, his parents had already arrived before him.

“Oh, good thing you’re back dear.” His mom greeted him as he passed by the living room.

“Good evening, eomma and appa.” He said.

“I didn’t know Zi Tao has such a lovely sister.” His mother commented. Kris nodded.

“Do you know her?”

“Yes, her name’s Jooyoung.”

“That’s good, she’s the perfect daughter-in~”

“Eomma, don’t even go there.” He chuckled. His father smirked.

“Wae? She’s pretty, you’re~”

“Honey, let the boy rest. He’s pretty tired today.” His father intervened. Kris smiled and stood up, he went up to his room after.

 

Your POV

 

“I heard you are jobless as of this moment.” Suho oppa grinned. I rolled my eyes at him.

“I’m on leave, smarty.”

“How long? A year?”

“Three months. All I can do is look after a younger brother.”

“Oh, right the one who studied at China.”

I nodded and took a sip of my latte.

“But, you? Have you already started learning the ropes of your company?”

“Yes, I did. But all I got was a headache.”

I chuckled.

“I haven’t been to your house, but you have been to mine. Isn’t that a little unfair, hoobae?”

“It was because of a project, oppa.” I replied. He gave me a look.

“Fine, we can go after this. Maybe you’ll get to meet Tao too, if he’s at home and if he’ll talk to me.”

“You guys fought?”

“Molla. (I don’t know.)”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++