Chapter 8

Give Me A Smile

 

Narrator’s POV

 

With Tao’s fast reflexes, in a matter of seconds, Jooyoung was already behind him. Kris looked at the girl and recognition set on his face.

“Yeri.” Kris said. Lay took his handkerchief out and started wiping the stain off her dress.

“Lay, it’s fine.” Jooyoung started to pull away.

“Stay still. Tao’s not going to be in a good mood after this.”

“You ignored me all this time because of her?!”

Tao tensed.

“We have nothing to talk about, Yeri.”

“Because of her, you left me!”

“You left, it wasn’t me.” Tao replied.

“You’ve been ignoring because of this cheap whor*!”

Tao’s back tensed he was about to raise his hand up, but Lay stopped him.

“Yeri, please just stop this. We’re in public.” Lay said as he pulled the trembling Tao away. Jooyoung was left there, confused. Kris stood beside her.

“You! You’re nothing but a cheap~” She raised her hand up to slap her but Kris stepped in and stopped her.

“Don’t hurt another Hwang, Yeri.” Kris said. Jooyoung blinked. Hurt? Who?

Kris let go of her arm roughly and he dragged Jooyoung out of the party.

 

Lay brought Tao out at the hotel’s garden. He was angry.

“Tao, calm down.”

“How could she do that?! Where the hell did she get the guts to appear in front of me again?!”

“I don’t know why she was invited, I didn’t know she was too.”

Tao sighed and stood up.

“She even insulted my sister, hyung!”

“She didn’t know Tao.”

“But still, wait till I~” Tao walked back but Jooyoung appeared.

“Edison, relax.” Jooyoung pushed him back gently.

Kris was behind her.

“Relax?! She~”

“Huwang ZiTao, shh. Stop it.” Jooyoung said.

“Who was that girl? Friend?”

Kris smirked.

“That was Ju Yeri. We met at school back in China.” Lay replied. Jooyoung looked confused.

“Then, why are you so mad at her~”

“Unnie, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know you were Tao’s sister!”

They looked at Yeri who was standing before them.

“Get out, Yeri.” Tao said. Lay looked at Kris expectantly. Jooyoung stood up and faced the girl.

“I know you want to speak to my brother, but he’s not in the mood right now. I’m sorry but~”

“I need to talk to him, unnie. He~”

“She’s not your unnie.” Tao said.

“He needs some time to relax, I think you know that judging by the way you address him. Please understand.”

Lay raised his brows. This Huang has a good temper.

“Please, unnie I~” Yeri both held her arms. Then a group of men in black suits restrained her.

“Please do not touch the young miss.”

Kris and Lay looked confused.

“After that little kidnapping stint you did Yeri, you should be expecting this.” Tao said as he stood up and walked away while dragging his sister.

 

Kris’s POV

 

We went inside the party where Chen, Luhan and Xiumin were waiting.

“Tao, how did~”

“So the Huangfu army does exist.” Lay nodded.

“Army?” Luhan voiced.

“Tao, how could you? She’s a girl!” Jooyoung looked mad.

“A girl who was bribed to seduce me so that she could earn money!” Tao said and he walked away.

“Bribed?” Jooyoung looked confused for a second, then she turned to us.

“Anyone who can explain the story to me?” She asked.

“Kris hyung can! See you later noona!” Xiumin looked genuinely afraid and they walked away. I saw Lay smirk and followed the others. Jooyoung looked at me expectantly. I sighed.

“We can talk outside. It’s a private matter.” I said. She nodded and followed me.

 

“About two years ago, we were still in China. I was already working for the company and Tao, Chen and Lay were still studying at Tsing Hua. Tao met Ju Yeri. She was one of the few Korean students and they got along well.”

Jooyoung nodded.

“Are you cold?” I asked as I took off my jacket.

“No, it’s okay, continue.” She pushed it back to me.

“We all know about Tao’s other side. He tends to get attached easily, so they started to date. All of us were really happy for him. Then, one time he got kidnapped. Lay was then first one to hear about it then he informed all of us. Luhan and I had the police look for him. We never had the guts to contact your parents. We were scared that’s why I had my family to search for him.”

“Thank you.” She added silently. I nodded.

“After a few days we finally found out where Tao was kept. We also found out that Yeri was bribed by your rival company to help them. Tao heard my conversation with her that’s why he’s mad at her. But she begged that no one should know, she told us that she was having a difficult time, her parents had cut off her credit cards and stopped supporting her. You see, she was a party girl. That’s how it ended up between them.”

I heard Jooyoung sigh.

“I…..need to talk to that girl. Thank you for helping my brother when I couldn’t Kris-ssi. I need to go back inside.” She patted my hand and left.

Somehow, I have this feeling that she’s angry and no matter how calm she can be I still think I should go and follow her.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};