Chapter 44

Give Me A Smile

Narrator’s POV

“You sure you can work today? You look so pale.” Minah said as Jooyoung applied her make up. Jooyoung nodded.

“This wont do, you have fever!”

“Minah, its fine. Its just a few hours.”

Minah shook her head disapprovingly at her pale friend.

“You……are so stubborn.” She muttered before leaving the room.

 

Tao relaxed on his leather chair while reading some company documents, it was a bright Monday in Seoul and…..he hated Mondays. It felt odd that his sister wasn’t home to wake him up.

He signed one of the documents then his secretary came in.

“Is something the matter?” He asked.

“A……plane crashed at Poyang Lake, sir.” He stuttered. Tao looked at him oddly.

“Uhmm…”

“It’s the plane Miss Huang is serving.”

“What?!” He stood up and ran out of his office while phoning the airport.

 

A black Audi S5 slammed its brakes and parked diagonally at the airport, airport personnel tried to stop him, but the driver went down. They stepped back.

“Is the plane ready?” Kris asked. They nodded and he went inside.

News reporters barred him with questions, but he just walked in without answering any of them. He needed to get to China quickly.

He settled inside their family owned private jet. It was a ninety-minute flight to China. He was terribly worried, Jooyoung was on that plane that had emergency water landing at Poyang Lake and the number of the passengers was still not complete.

 

Kris’s POV

 

This cant be happening. Jooyoung cant swim. She cant.

I refuse to believe that she got inside on that plane and that no one can find her.

I took a short helicopter ride to Poyang Lake, the authorities were there and I asked them a few questions.

“Here’s the list of all the passengers including the crew sir, there are still a few people still not yet on land as of now.”

I looked over at the medical team aiding the passengers.

12 names unchecked. And Jooyoung’s name wasn’t checked.

“Send an extra team for searching~”

“But sir, we already sent everyone~”

“I don’t care, call your office, people are probably drowning there!”

Then a loud rumbling came above us, I saw the familiar Huang family crest on the helicopter.

“If I were you, I’d call for more men now.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Tao went down from the machine with Luhan and Xiumin behind him. His hyung were worried that he might explode on his way to China that’s why they came along.

Tao looked around the place and found his hyung speaking with the police.

“Did they find her already?” He asked. Kris shook his head while looking at the plane on the lake.

“Why?! Don’t hey have enough men?!”

“Tao, calm down.” Luhan said. The deputy of police looked at Tao with an angered expression.

“I don’t like repeating myself but our protocol only allows us to send three rescue teams to search.”

“Search for almost 500 passengers?! Just two groups?” Xiumin looked worried as he realized how deep the water was. Tao closed his eyes briefly.

“I’m sending in the Huangfu army, I don’t care what you say, SIR.”

The policemen blinked, then they saw the seal on the helicopter.

“Xiao ye, We’re~”

Tao turned away from them and pulled his phone out.

 

Kris sat helplessly on one of the makeshift steel chairs. He didn’t know what to do anymore, it has been an hour and there were only three passengers missing, and one of them was Jooyoung.

“I’m sure she’s going to be fine.” Luhan sat beside him. Kris didn’t answer, but the expression on his face gave it all.

“Where’s Tao?” Kris asked.

“He’s inside the car, Xiumin had to keep him in there, he lost his temper on one of the police men.”

Kris nodded.

“Don’t worry, Jooyoung’s going to be okay.” Luhan patted his shoulder.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 


if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};