Chapter 48

Give Me A Smile

Narrator’s POV

 

The doctor came out again after the operation. The siblings stood up.

“How is he?” Jooyoung asked.

“He’s in a safe stage now, but…..while we were operating on him he fell under a coma.”

Jooyoung felt her stomach drop. Tao looked away.

“Ah, when will he be able to wake up?” Jooyoung asked carefully while taking hold of her brother’s hand.

“No one knows for sure, but usually when a patient slips into a coma, it might take months or even years for him to wake up, all I can say to you right now is, be strong, mister Huang will be fine.”

Jooyoung nodded and thanked the doctor, then they went up to their father’s room.

 

Tao went in the room and looked at his father’s state. Tubes and needles were attached to the elderly man. He sat beside his bed and took his hand.

Jooyoung stood by the door, unable to say anything. Her brother was crying and it also broke her heart. She didn’t like the way all those machines were attached to her father. She looked up to stop the tears from falling from her eyes. She needs to be strong for her didi this time. With one last look, she stepped out of the room quietly.

 

She shut the door quietly and leaned on the wall with a sigh. Her mother was also admitted in the hospital but her wounds were still being checked. She didn’t know what to do; both of her parents are hurt. Tao was inside crying, she didn’t want him to see her tears. At this time, she needed to be the noona. She wrapped her arms around herself and looked at her shoes.

She sensed a presence near her. Kris was standing a few meters away from her. He looked unsure whether to come near her or to move away. But his eyes gave it all away; he was worried for her. It only took a few seconds for Jooyoung to react. She lightly shook her head and walked to him without saying anything. She just hugged him while burying her face on his chest. Kris patted her back in a comforting manner. She just felt his arms around her and that was when it hit Jooyoung.

In his arms, she felt safe, protected…..and loved.

“Uncle’s going to be fine, be strong.” Kris said soothingly. Jooyoung didn’t say anything but just hugged him tighter.

“Kris?”

“Hmm?”

“I’m sorry, I know I was rude before~”

“It’s okay, I understand.” Kris let go of her and made her sit.

“Is….Tao okay?” He asked. Jooyoung shook her head lightly and frowned.

“I don’t know what to do. Appa….he’s….in a coma.”

Kris looked down at her and then he tucked a lock of hair behind her hair.

“He’s going to be fine, Jooyoung, I’m sure he’ll wake up soon.” He said. Jooyoung nodded and smiled but it didn’t reach her eyes.

“Thank you for being here.”

Kris nodded and patted her cheek lightly.

“I’m the boyfriend, I should be.” He joked. Jooyoung blinked and looked away with her cheeks flushing.

 

Kris’s POV

 

We sat there in silence, Jooyoung was fiddling with her phone, I could sense she was terribly worried about her father.

“I didn’t hurt your arm, did I?”

She shook her head and patted my hand.

“I know you got worried that day too, I should have called Tao, mianhae.”

I nodded and squeezed her hand gently.

“I didn’t lie to you.”

She looked at me.

“Ah….dont mind that, I was just~”

“I never wanted to get married to Moli, she was the one who kept on saying that.”

She nodded.

“I know, I cant believe I actually….believed what she said.”

“You were the one who forgot.” I said, She looked up.

“What?”

“I’ll tell you later.”

She nodded then we heard some footsteps.

“We saw the news.” Luhan said. Jooyoung nodded, then Tao finally went out of the room.

“Noona, haraboji called, he wants to talk. He’s at the rooftop right now.”

I saw Jooyoung frown, but she stood up.

“Lets talk later, arasso?”

I gave her a nod and she left with Tao.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 


if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};