Chapter 38

Give Me A Smile

Narrator’s POV

Jooyoung looked at the dress in front of her. She frowned at her family’s Chinese tradition, red clothes for events. She stared at the red satin dress before her. It was a Chanel number Tao had ordered behind her back. She raised the dress up and scrutinized it, surprisingly, the dress showed a bit of skin at the back.
“It’s pretty.” Tao said.

Jooyoung chuckled. He was already in his black suit.

“Are you nervous? Everyone would be there.” Jooyoung asked as she fixed his coat’s lapels.

“Not really, its bound to happen anyway. Hello company, good bye…….”

Jooyoung raised her brows.

“Buffet lunches.”

She hit his head lightly.

“I just want you to know that I’m proud of you, for making this decision, I hope you’ll do well, no~ You’ll do well, noona trusts you.” She smiled, Tao just hugged her quietly.

“I trust you too noona, so break up with Suho, arasso?”

“There was never us, Tao.” She said. Tao nodded and bit his lip.

“You’re really nervous.” Jooyoung said.

“Ani, I don’t care about the scrutiny, I just don’t like parties.” He whined. There goes Huang Zitao’s mature side.

 

Lay and Luhan walked in the event hall. Lay winked at some ladies while Luhan was talking on the phone.

“Is Chen coming? How about Xiumin hyung?” Lay asked. Luhan gave him a nod. Then Tao’s parents saw them coming and they welcome the two.

“Is Tao here already?” Luhan asked politely.

“Yes, he is, son. Go on in.”

The two went in. They found Tao talking with some business colleagues.

“Noona’s not yet here?” Chen asked.

“She’ll be here in a few, she was busy earlier.”

Lay just smirked as he saw Kris enter with Moli.

“This is going to be fun.” He whispered to Luhan.

 

Your POV

I am running late. If only I hadn’t slept earlier then maybe I had enough time to dress up.

I went down carefully and went inside the hall.

“Well, someone’s late.”

I heard a familiar boyish voice behind me. I faced him.

“Annyeong.” He said.

“Myungsoo?!”

He gave me a nod and offered his arm.

“When did you come home?” I asked.

“Uncle called, he wanted me to show up.” He grinned.

“So, what have you been up to?”

“Hmmm, making sure my cousin wont go in the party less, that would be very embarrassing you know.”

I chuckled and wrapped my arm around his.

 

Narrator’s POV

Tao and his friends were talking leisurely; there were already a lot of guests around. Moli kept on scrunching her nose when she saw someone whose clothes she didn’t like. And it bothered Kris a little that she kept on holding on to his arm.

“Ya, where’s Jooyoung?” Luhan asked. Moli looked up and rolled her eyes.

Tao was about to answer but his grandfather called him.

“My call.” He said as he left.

“She didn’t get sick again, did she?” Lay asked a bit bothered, Jooyoung neutralizes the awkward silences in the group when Moli was around.

 Kris looked around.

“She did say she had a cold last night.” He blurted. Everyone, except for Lay looked at him with wide eyes. He coughed and looked away.

“Ge, you were with her last night? We were supposed to eat at 63!”

Kris shrugged her arm off gently and took out his phone.

“Tao called me, she needed my help.”

“And it had to be your help she needed.” Moli retorted. Xiumin made a face at her back and crossed his arms in annoyance.

“Who’s that guy?” Xiumin blurted.

 

The two cousins chatted like they were at home while walking to the event hall. Kim Myungsoo, was their 2nd degree cousin, Jooyoung’s mother and Myungsoo’s father were first-degree cousins.

Myungsoo slung one arm casually around Joyoung’s shoulder while his other hand was busy typing on his cell phone. Jooyoung looked ahead and kept on walking.

“We’re going in, do you want to put down your arm?” Jooyoung asked before they stepped in, Myungsoo shook his head and they went in. Jooyoung nodded and walked in.

 

Kris looked up. Lay whistled low. Jooyoung looked beautiful in her dress. It accentuated her elegance and class. On the other hand, the man beside her annoyed the Wu heir. His arm was placed on her shoulder and he didn’t like it.

Then Myungsoo leaned over and whispered something to Jooyoung’s ear, she chuckled in return. Lay blinked back on fourth between his friend and Jooyoung.

“He’s good looking.” Moli said. Chen looked up with curiosity then he called out,

“Noona!”

Myungsoo was the one who looked up, he poked Jooyoung’s cheek and pointed them. Kris tensed at their intimacy.

Then Jooyoung smiled and walked to them.

“Nice to see you guys.” She greeted then Lay hugged her tightly and let go. She gave him a puzzled look, but he just grinned.

“Oh, did you take care of your wrist?” She asked as she pulled Kris’s hand and gently tapped it. Kris eyes widened. Moli looked at her hardly.

“I’m….fine.” He stuttered, oh joy, he was stuttering. Myungsoo patted her shoulder.

“What~”

“Oh, hyung, nice to see you here!” Tao shook his cousin’s hand. Myungsoo smiled in return.

“Congratualtions, Tao. Good luck too.” He grinned. Kris kept on staring at his arm, which was around Jooyoung’s shoulder.

“Tao, who’s this?” Luhan asked, he felt the tension coming from Kris.

“Oh, right, oppa this is Myungsoo, he’s our cousin, Myungsoo there are Tao’s friends.”

Kris blinked as Jooyoung wriggled free from Myungsoo and stood beside her brother.

“Jooyoung-ah, I need to go, appa’s calling me.” Myungsoo said. Jooyoung nodded and he left.

Tao smirked; he saw his hyung’s expression change.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

ho ho ho Tao sees what you did thar. XD

 


if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};