Chapter 7

Give Me A Smile

 

Narrator’s POV

 

“It’s been a long time, Kim Suho.” Jooyoung grinned and waved at him.

“Did you miss me that much that you have to come here too?” He said playfully and gave her a hug.

“I don’t.” Jooyung blinked. Suho just laughed and ruffled her head.

“How’s my hoobae doing? I heard you fly international now.”

“Hm, I am but I am on leave. You? Done with everything in Japan?”

“Yes, I’ll be with the company soon.” He sighed.

“That’s great, you were always whining about being bored.”

Suho just pinched her nose and they walked out.

 

The six who were left at home were already finished with their meal and they were just hanging out in the living room. Luhan and Xiumin were battling out on the Kinect, while Lay was busy texting to one of his “babes” and Chen was reading a magzine.

Kris was standing by the window and looking at the view.

“Tao, your cell phone’s going to melt.” Chen said. Tao was glaring at his iPhone, Jooyoung wasn’t picking up his calls.

Kris chuckled lightly and sat on the windowsill seat.

“I’m starting to wonder if the reason you wanted me to give her a break is because she gets sick easily or your just……..”

“~overprotective, you got that one right hyung.” Lay said and he plopped down beside the youngest.

“You were placed under her care, right?” Luhan said.

“Does that matter~”

“Oh, hey guys, done with the meal already?” Jooyoung entered the room.

“Where were you Fu Shan?” Tao asked. Jooyoung winced at her Chinese name.

“You know what, we should go. See you tomorrow noona!” Xiumin said.

 

Kris’s POV

 

We went out of the house; Lay was walking beside me on our way to our cars.

“Tao changes with his sister around, don’t you think?”

“In what way?”

“He treats people nicely when she’s around, he’s not being cranky too.”

“Well, he has his temper.” I replied.

“I think, Jooyoung’s special. She’s not your typical wealthy young lady.”

“Don’t you even try hit on her, Tao will~”

“It’s not that hyung, I just think she’s special. I see her as a sister.”

He was right Jooyoung was different. She had that goodness in her. She’s able to control Tao and his temper. She doesn’t like to show off like the others, but I still find it odd that she had to step out earlier.

 

Your POV

 

“I had to meet a friend of college.” I said as we went up.

“Some friend, wants you to go out in the dark and~”

“Relax, we have a party to attend to tomorrow.” I said as I patted his cheeks and went to my room.

 

I got in my room, then my phone started to ring.

“Minah?”

“Its me. Where are you?”

“The company gave me a break for three months. I’m at Seoul.”

“What?! Three months?! The company doesn’t give those breaks easily. Were you sick?”

“Ani. They just gave me a notice.”

“Impossible. Something must have gone wrong. I was really worried.”

“I’m fine, really. Maybe I should call the office tomorrow.”

“You should. Then, I’ll see you soon.”

 

I woke up the next morning and found Tao already eating.

“Someone called earlier. He was looking for you.” He said as I sat down.

“Who?”

“Kim Suho.”

“Ah. Arasso. Thanks for telling me.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

“Was he the friend you met last night?” Tao asked.

“Yeah.” Jooyoung replied as she bit her sandwich.

“Noona, you…..perhaps….are dating him?”

Jooyoung chuckled.

“He’s a good friend college, Zi Tao.” She replied. Tao rolled his eyes.

“Everyone is a good friend.” He mumbled.

 

Jooyoung was on the phone. She was calling Korea Air’s office.

“I’m sorry, we can’t get that kind of information, Miss Hwang. But we can refer you to the main office.”

“Main office?”

“Yes. You can head over to Wu Conglomerate and ask about the details. Your three month leave was just ordered.”

“Okay. Thank you for telling me.”

Jooyoung sighed and lay on her bed.

“Something not’s right.”

 

Your POV

 

Around 5:30 PM, my parents arrived while I was still dressing up. I wasn’t really planning on wearing anything special, but my mother insisted that I should because it would be my first appearance as Huangfu’s child ever since I was six.

I shrugged as the make up artist placed make up on me. I looked at myself in mirror. Is this dress even~

“Noona, are you done yet? Eomma and Appa already left.”

“Not yet. I think.” I looked at the make up artist questioningly.

“We’re almost done, miss.”

I nodded and smiled.

 

“When did my younger brother get so tall?” I said as we stepped down the car.

“Ever since you left.” He said with a smirk.

“Ya, you were the one who left the country, pabo.”

“No, you~”

“Its Huangfu! Young master will you be taking over now that you’ve returned? Who is this young lady with you?”

I grinned. I felt Tao tense.

“She’s my sister.” He simply said as we went straight to entrance with some cameras trailing behind us.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

The Hwang siblings entered the hall. Jooyoung was smiling good-naturedly, she was wearing a cream colored off-shoulder dress, while her brother looked tall and handsome in his suit wearing his typical stoic face.

 

“Glad you came.” Lay greeted them.

“Nice to see you again~”

“Noona, annyeong!” Xiumin appeared out of nowhere. Tao scrunched up his nose and looked around.

“Hyung, have you seen my parents?”

“Oh, they’re here somewhere, they arrived about thirty minutes ago, I think.” Lay replied.

Soon Kris, Chen and Luhan arrived, the group decided to stand by the corner to avoid the chat of some old people. Tao had one arm around his sister’s waist while they talked.

“Zi Tao has separation anxiety, right ge?” Chen chuckled.

“Correct.” Lay grinned. Then Chen, Xiumin and Luhan left to get some drinks.

“Noona, doesn’t drink alcoholic beverages.” Tao said. Chen nodded and left.

“How do you find babysitting for Zi Tao?” Lay grinned.

“Don’t even start.” Jooyoung grinned. Kris stood there observing people around them, and then someone poured her drink on Jooyoung’s dress.

“So, you’re my replacement?!”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};