New Year's Eve

I Accidentally Kissed Byun Baekhyun!

~No One's POV~

"Ew. I didn't like that picture. Let's do another one." Baekhyun deletes the picture off of his phone.

"That one was perfectly fine! Idiot! You just want to keep kissing me don't you?" Soojung slaps his arm playfully.

"Awww. You caught me. One more though!" Baekhyun waves a finger in the air.

"No."

"Soojungie~"

"No is a no, Bacon."

"You don't want the aegyo puppy face do you?" Baekhyun nudges Soojung.

"Argh, darn it. Take the stupid picture."

Baekhyun whoops at her response and pulls her into a hug. Soojung rolls her eyes but smiles at the camera, Baekhyun kissing her cheek. He clicks the shutter button and smiled.

"I like this one! It'll forever be my background on my phone!" He sings.

"Ugh, just get married already. I can't believe you two are only dating and for 2 months too." Chen grumbles.

"You're just sad that you're still single." Chohee stuck her tongue out.

"It's not like you're not." Chen shoots back.

"But I'm not complaining about it."

"OK! That's enough you two." Luhan pulls Chohee back so she's sitting next to him.

"I don't want to deal with arguments right before New Year's, OK?" Suho mumbles from where he's lying down on the ground.

"Is everybody even here yet?" D.O. glances around the practice room.

"Do you think they went to the wrong floor?" Sehun lifts his head up. Hana shifts in his arms and adjusts herself so her head could still be leaning on his shoulder.

"Nah, they have Kris gege with the food." Tao waved off the matter.

"But they have Lay too. Not to mention Chanyeol and Miyoung." Xiumin points out.

"Oh, come on. Kris is probably going to keep them in li-" Kai was interrupted with the door banging open.

The leader of EXO-M stumbled into the room, arms full of snacks. Lay trailed behind him.

"Help." Kris yelped, huffing and throwing all the snacks to the ground before he splayed out onto the hardwood floor.

"Hey, where's Cha-" Xiumin attempted to ask. Krist pointed behind himself and shook his head.

Tao leaned over to see where the other couple was and then recoiled, his eyes no longer that innocent.

"Are they making out again?" Chohee groans. Tao manages a small nod.

Luhan put a finger to his lips to hopefully stop Chohee from what she was going to do. It was to no avail, obviously.

"PARK CHANYEOL AND CHOI MIYOUNG ARE AT IT AGAIN! THEY'RE M-"

Miyoung shoots into the room and muffles Chohee's words. "You will be the death of me."

"I love you too~" Chohee laughed, her voice coming out perfectly loud and clear.

"I'm blinded again! MY INNOCENT EYES!" The maknae of EXO-M wails, throwing himself into Chohee's arms and shooting Miyoung and Chanyeol an angry glare.

Luhan frowns and pushes Tao and Miyoung off.

"Are you jealous, Lulu gege?" Tao immediately recovers and pokes his hyung repeatedly. The latter flushes red and shakes his head.

"Luhan hyung is as green as green jelly~" Luhan lunged for Chanyeol who was innocently skipping around.

Now it was Chohee chasing the two guys around the room, trying to calm them down.

"Things never change do they?" Baekhyun grinned up at Soojung.

"They never do." She chuckled.

Baekhyun suddenly let out a cheesy smile. "Just like how my love won't change."

"Ohmygoodnessgraciousness, wehaveagreasypieceofbacon." Soojung let out the string of words as she gagged a little.

"Oh come on. Admit it, you love my cheesiness." Baekhyun sits up properly and pulls her into his arms.

He kisses her full on the lips and even Luhan and Chanyeol stop in mid-run to groan at the greasy couple.

"Get a room, guys." Kris covered his eyes.

"No!" Baekhyun breaks away from Soojung long enough to yell the word, even stopping Luhan and Chanyeol from killing each other foor the second time before he kisses Soojung harder and deeper.

"God, why am I with these people?" Kris slammed his head against the hardwood floor.

 

"TEN MINUTES!! DO YOU KNOW HOW SHORT TEN MINUTES IS?!" D.O. screeched, pushing Kai to get all the stuff ready.

"Ayy, hyung. Stop being such a worry wart and-"

"KIM JONGIN!"

"Arasso, arasso." Kai grumbled under his breath.

"PARK CHANYEOL! CHOI MIYOUNG! STOP EACH OTHER'S FACES AND COME HELP ME WITH THIS!" Kris boomed. The said couple broke apart and blushed before they walked over to help Kris.

The practice room was in haywire. Everybody spent about five hours fooling around until Suho noticed that they had nothing set up. The next half an hour was used up for bringing the tables in, setting up the food, and all that party stuff.

And now, here they are, ten minutes to New Year's with only half of the things done.

"TAO, POUR THE CHIPS OUT! SEHUN, PUT THE PLATES HERE! OHMYGAWD I'M GOING TO DIE!" D.O. wailed into his hands.

"Just calm down and breathe. Besides, New Year's is about the new year and what it'll bring for us, right?" Soojung soothed the hyperventilating D.O.

"All right, I'll calm down." Soojung let out a small sigh of relief at D.O's words before she was startled again by his loud voice. "YAH! BYUN BAEKHYUN, STOP PLAYING WITH THE LIGHT SWITCH!"

 

"LOOK AT THIS MESS!" D.O. complained at the messy setup for the small party.

"Just calm down. It's fine. We did our best." Hana patted D.O. comfortingly.

"HURRY UP!" Chen switched the TV on.

"11 seconds to New Year!" The MCs on the TV announced. The crowd roared and started the countdown.

Back at the topmost floor of SM in a practice room, 16 people waited eagerly.

"10.." Tao and Kris started the count.

"9..." Lay continued, leaning forward in his chair.

"8...." Sehun and Hana chorused.

"7..." Xiumin thumped his chair.

"6..." Chohee murmured with Luhan.

"5..." Chanyeol bounced excitedly, causing Miyoung to hit his arm.

"4~" Chen sang along with D.O.

"3.." Baekhyun whispered, pulling Soojung onto his lap.

"2..." Kai held his breath in.

"1..." Suho breathed out the last second.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!!!" The whole room erupted in the cheer.

The fireworks outside sprang into the sky, lighting it with different colors. Kai closed his eyes in surprise.

When he opened them again, Tao popped a confetti can open in Kai's face. The latter jumped back in shock.

"YAH! HUANG ZITAO I WILL KILL YOU EVEN IF YOU TRY TO WUSHU MY !" Kai yelled.

 

Chanyeol immediately pulled his girlfriend into a corner after the New Year's countdown.

He pulled Miyoung into a bear hug and kissed her hair softly. "Do I get my New Year's kiss?"

Miyoung glared at him but pulled his face down anyways. "You idiot."

Chanyeol grinned cheekily and leaned in, placing a chaste kiss on her lips. "But you love me, don't you?"

"Ugh, you're becoming as cheesy as Baekhyun and Soojung." Miyoung shook her head but stood on her tiptoes and kissed Chanyeol back.

 

"Hana~ Come here!" Sehun grinned, taking a scoop of icing from the cake on the table.

"What- GO AWAY OH SEHUN!" Hana yelled before she quickly escaped.

Sehun laughed and ran after her. EXO watched the couple chasing each other around with amusement.

"Sehun! GO AWAY! TAKE YOUR ICING AWAY! DISHONOR ON YOUR WHOLE FAMILY! DISHONOR ON YOU! DISHONOR ON YOUR CO- KYAAAA!" Sehun finally caught his girlfriend and wrapped his arms around her in a backhug.

The icing was smeared right onto her cheek and she jabbed him a little in the stomach. He twirled her around before placing her on the ground.

"Seriously, Sehun." Hana shook her head.

He hummed and nudged her other cheek, smiling the whole time. Hana sighed and relaxed, not even caring about the white sugary stuff on her face anymore.

 

Chohee calmly ate the last of her piece of cake and chuckled at Sehun and Hana, who were back to chasing each other around.

Luhan smiled and sat down next to her. "Those two are complete idiots. And so are the other couples."

"It's not like you're not an idiot." Chohee retorted.

Luhan grinned back and grabbed her hand. She flushed red and Luhan tugged her towards him.

"You're an idiot too." He murmured, swinging their intertwined hands.

"Oh really?" Chohee turned her head.

Luhan whipped his head around too and smiled. He didn't mind how close the two are and his smile grew even wider when Chohee's cheeks turned redder than they were before.

"You know, you're really really cute when you blush." He grinned, leaning in close enough so their noses were touching.

"LAY GE, YOU READY?!" Tao shouted from behind Luhan.

The silent unicorn nodded before the pair jumped on Chohee and Luhan and pushed their heads together. Their lips brushed against each other before the gap between their lips was widened again. Luhan let out a small groan and cupped Chohee's face, kissing her fully on the lips.

Chohee reacted quicker than Luhan expected her to and she practically threw herself onto him, the two toppling towards the ground.

Tao laughed and high-fived Lay.

"ABOUT TIME TOO!" Lay hollered.

Chohee and Luhan broke away from each other, their eyes still locked together, before Luhan averted his gaze towards his two fellow band members.

"TAO! YOU KNEW MY PLAN WAS TO GO SLOWLY WITH HER! NOW COME BACK HERE AND APOLOGIZE TO YOUR GEGE!" Luhan yelled, jumping up and chasing after the poor panda.

"How many times was Tao chased today?" Chohee giggled.

"I have no idea." Xiumin laughed and shrugged.

 

While all this awful commotion was going on in the practice room, Baekhyun and Soojung were hanging out on the balcony.

A cold breeze blew by and Soojung shivered. In a matter of a few seconds, a jacket was draped around her body.

"I told you it would be cold today." Baekhyun nudged her lightly, wrapping his arms around her in a backhug and resting his chin on her shoulder.

"No you didn't. All you said to me was that I looked nice and that I should wear what I'm wearing more often." Soojung shot back.

"Same difference." He shrugged, watching the fireworks shooting into the sky.

The couple is in silence for a few minutes before Soojung mumbles something. Her words are carried away by the wind.

"What?" Baekhyun leans his head forward.

Soojung turned a light shade of pink.

"Soojungie~" Baekhyun pouted.

"Yes?"

"Tell me!"

"Tell you what?"

"What you said!"

"What did I say?"

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?" Baekhyun threw his hands up comically.

"You just do." Soojung replied childishly.

"I WILL GET YOU TO TELL ME!" He chased her around the small space.

When he finally wrapped his arms securely around her waist, the two were both panting heavily for the exercise.

"Tell. Me." Baekhyun gasped between breaths.

Soojung stuck out her tongue in response.

"Come on! It's payback for fangirling over Song Joongki on Running Man for the past two weeks when you already have this amazingly awesome boyfriend."

"NO."

"OK, how about this. Rock, paper, scissors. 3 out of 5 games. Sounds fair?" Baekhyun proposed, his breathing pattern finally regaining its rightful speed.

"Fine." Soojung nodded and turned around in his arms.

"Rock, paper, SCISSORS!"

Baekhyun: 1 Soojung: 0

"THAT WASN'T FAIR!"

"OH COME ON! YOU CLEARLY DID SCISSORS!"

"I do the count this time! ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS!" 

Baekhyun: 2 Soojung: 0

"Who said it wasn't fair~"

"Stupid bacon."

"I just have one more and you have to tell me what you said!"

"ROCK! PAPER! SCISSORS!"

Baekhyun: 2 Soojung: 1

"HA!"

"I'm still winning!"

"Rock, paper, scissors!"

Baekhyun: 2 Soojung: 2

"...."

"WHO SAID YOU WERE WINNING?"

"Rock paper, scissors!"

Baekhyun: 2 Soojung: 3

"There, I win. I don't have to tell you what I said."

"MAKE IT 7 OUT OF 9 GAMES!"

 

Baekhyun: 25 Soojung: 27

"Can we please stop?" Soojung glared at her boyfriend.

"But I haven't beaten you yet!"

"You said it was 3 out of 5 games and now it's out of 29."

"Fine. You don't have to tell me what you said." Baekhyun sighed before he moved forward.

"What are you doing?" Soojung backed up, glancing suspiciously.

"Secret." He put a finger to his lips teasingly and continued moving towards Soojung.

Soojung's back hit cold metal after five more small steps back. Baekhyun placed both hands next to her and leaned forward.

He smiled. Right now, it felt like a dream to him. He has 11 idiots bandmates and 15 friends that he's spending the New Year's with, his dream of becoming a singer came true, he's under a pretty successful group, but all Baekhyun wanted right now was to spend the first day of the new year with his girlfriend.

"Happy New Year's." Baekhyun murmurs before he closed the space between his lips and Soojung's quickly.

The kiss was short but sweet. It stirred a warm feeling inside of both Soojung's and Baekhyun's hearts. That's when they knew for certain what they felt at that moment. Soojung watched colors dance across Baekhyun's face, the sky behind her still filled with fireworks. Baekhyun caressed her cheek lightly and smiled.

"I love you." They both said at the same time before leaning in for another kiss.

They didn't know how long this relationship would last nor if they would still say those words to each other after another year or so, but right now, they knew they would cherish every moment spent together.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

And that, my dear subbies, is the end of this story. 

If by any chance, I get 300 subbies, I might update with a special chapter. I'm being generous because I still need time for my Chen fanfic

For now though, please continue supporting me!

Kai one/twoshot: Puppy Love

Not my story but trust me when I say this story is good: Two Kingdoms Under One Moon

I wish you all a happy new year, wherever you are in this world! ^^