The Two Friend-Zoned Ones

I Accidentally Kissed Byun Baekhyun!

~No One's POV~

The week flew by. The next week passed quickly after that.

Baekhyun and Soojung became the new greasy and skinship couple. Miyoung and Chanyeol were dubbed the polar opposites and the Sehun and Hana couple were officially named the shy couple.

Now, something seems missing.... OHHHHH. There's this one person called Deerhan and there's this one person called Lee Chohee that haven't gotten together yet.

With every passing day of the two weeks, Luhan fell deeper and deeper in this wondrous place that is impossible to get out of called friendzone. He jealously watched his old childhood crush do lovey dovey smoochy woochy things with his bandmate and although those two insisted he liked Chohee, he firmly believed he still had only one crush. And he's been burying himself in the amount of sad feelings he had watching Soojung.

Chohee, on the other hand, watched her crush fawn over his crush that is her best friend that is currently dating one of her close friends. Ohhhhh boy. This was way too complicated for Chohee.

All she could do is silently get friendzoned day by day every time Luhan ignored her prescence to groan over his crush on Soojung who is still, surprise surprise, dating Baekhyun.

And the couple just keeps telling her over and over and over that Luhan, indeed, likes her but hey, he's not proving it. He's fawning over Soojung so what were they saying about Luhan liking her?

 

This day was like the rest... except there was something a little different.

The dark, stormy clouds covered any light from the sun. There was a distant rumbling. Students ran to take cover inside.

Chohee took her time. Her first class was with Luhan and Soojung, anyways.

A plop fell onto her nose and then another and then another. She glanced up and the sky cried, drenching her.

She powerwalked but kept a slow, steady pace. By the time she made it under the shelter of the university, she was soaking wet to the toe. She shook her head and tried to clear as many water droplets as she could.

The lesson already started when she opened the door silently. The professor continued with his lecture, his back facing the class, not noticing Chohee slipping into one of the only empty seats left.

Soojung is sitting next to her and she raised her eyes questioningly at Chohee as she takes down notes with flying fingers.

"Why are you late?" Soojung asked.

"Got caught in the rain."

"But you're never late. Especially when it's raining." Soojung said with disbelief but doesn't ask Chohee any more questions. 

This is exactly why Soojung is one of the awesomest people that you could have as your friend and you seriously can't get mad at her because of that. Which is also precisely why Luhan still likes Soojung and Chohee isn't mad about it at all.

Luhan was doing his everyday checkups on Soojung. He glanced in her direction but frowned. Who was that soaking wet girl next to... oh. It was Chohee and Luhan's jaw couldn't help but drop.

He didn't know why but despite Chohee dripping with water from head to toe, she was radiating. Shining. Other words that meant she was pretty in a glowing way.

Luhan blinked at this thought. He shook his head and focused his attention on the teacher. Could Soojung and Baekhyun be right about him liking Chohee?

Throughout, the lesson he looked back in Soojung's direction, not to stare at Soojung, but at the wet person next to her.

 

Lunch.

Usually, it'd be the whole group of EXO and Soojung and her three friends. However, recently, Chohee had started disappearing and even Lay, the one who forgets a lot of stuff and rarely pays attention to his surroundings, had started noticing. There's only one person that isn't aware about the disappearing girl and his name rhymes with Wufan. (A/N Oh my gosh I never knew that it did rhyme XD)

Luhan never notices the number of people, since he's busy digging a grave for himself by watching Soojung and Baekhyun do cute, fluffy stuff in front of his face. A stupid move, yes, but he just can't stop staring at Soojung.

On this particular day, however, Luhan sits at the lunch table, feeling slightly uncomfortable and not because Baekhyun keeps on kissing Soojung.

"Luhan hyung? You OK there?" Sehun nudges Luhan.

He snaps out of his thoughts. "Chohee isn't here?"

Sehun exchanges glances with Kai and the table falls silent.

"She hasn't been here for the past two weeks." Hana says carefully, grabbing onto Sehun's arm.

"What? Do you know where she is?" Luhan's eyes widen a bit more.

Baekhyun and Soojung poke each other and share knowing looks.

"We don't know where she runs off to. If Chohee doesn't want to be found, she doesn't get found." Miyoung shakes her head.

"You should go look for her." Soojung pipes up, grabbing Luhan's arm and dragging him towards the cafeteria door.

Before he could say anything more, he's left alone in the hallways. *Eh, might as well.*

 

Chohee leaned back against the wall. The wind helps her calm down plus there was nobody there so she could be in complete utter peace.

The rooftop was probably her new favorite spot. Sure, she's not with her friends but she's not near Luhan and her feelings won't resurface around him as much if she doesn't see him.

Chohee hums a little tune, the first few lines of What is Love. She remembered the day she first heard it and she fell in love with that voice and soon she became an EXO fangirl, more like a Luhan one.

"I lost my mind~" Chohee sang quietly.

 

*Where in the world can she be?* Luhan ruffled his hair and leaned against a door.

He didn't expect it to go anywhere but he almost tips over as the door creaks open. Luhan's eyes widen in wonder.

*Isn't this the way to the rooftop?* He taps his chin before he looks around for any sign that says ROOFTOP.

Sure enough, there's the sign right behind the door. How in the world did he forget this place? It was, after all, the place where he met Soojung's friends and basically saw Baekhyun blatantly flirting in public with Soojung.

A few notes to a familiar tune drifts to his ears and he pads up the stairs, tensed.

"I lost my mind~" Chohee's singing to herself and leaning against the wall, her eyes closed.

He relaxes and a smile forms on his lips as he listens. After a few lines, she stops and Luhan frowns.

"You have a nice voice." He comments softly.

Chohee's eyes shoot open and she stares at Luhan, startled. "H-how'd you find me?"

"I'm not sure either..." Luhan scratches his head. "Why are you here anyways?"

Chohee's throat clogs up. *I was trying to avoid you and now you're here in front of me.*

"Um.. I wanted to be by myself." Chohee fibbed uneasily, half speaking the truth.

"Oh, OK." Luhan sits next to her, close enough for their shoulders to brush each other every time they moved.

Chohee shifts uncomfortably at the skinship. *What in the world is he doing?*

The two don't say anything. Chohee stares straight ahead, trying to avoid as much contact from Luhan as possible.

"I have a question to ask." Luhan suddenly says, turning his head to stare at Chohee.

Chohee hesitates and tries to answer without her voice wavering. "Yes..?"

"Do you know what to do when the person you like doesn't like you?" Luhan noticed that she stiffened up a bit at the question.

"This is about Soojung right?" Chohee tried to ask as calmly as possible.

 "Heh. Yeah." Luhan rubbed the back of his neck.

Chohee felt her heart drop down to her feet. "I guess it just means that you're not meant to be. There's somebody else out there that's supposed to fit you better than the person you like."

She blinked back a few tears as she realized what she said.

"You sound like you're experienced what I'm going through." Luhan dryly laughs, taking in her words carefully. There was something about them that held some sort of meaning and he wanted to find out.

*You have no idea.* Chohee thought, playing with her fingers.

"You like somebody right now that doesn't like you back, right?" Luhan interrupts her thoughts.

He could see the startled look that flitted across her eyes. He takes her silence as the answer to his question.

"Should I let go of Soojung if there's somebody better for me?" He wonders aloud, glancing at Chohee to see her reaction.

"It depends if you want to. If you really think Soojung's made for you then go ahead and continue loving her." She says in response bitterly. *I seriously don't have a chance with this guy, do I?*

Luhan's heart tugged at her expression. "Hey, smile. You look prettier when you smile."

He doesn't realize the words are out of his mouth until Chohee chokes on her spit. That's when he realizes the truth in his words. He didn't want to see that sad expression on Chohee's face and whoever that guy that was making her sad deserved to go die.

Chohee was speechless for the millionth time that day. *Did he just call me.... pretty?*

Her expression doesn't change and Luhan starts to get worried. He leans over a little bit and pulls the corner of her lips up.

"Smile." He smiled along.

"What are you doing?" Chohee's poker face breaks and she starts laughing. It sounded beautiful to Luhan's ears, maybe even more than Soojung's.

"Making you smile." He deadpans, poking at her.

"Stop it!"

"Oh come on. Smile more often." Luhan wiggled his fingers and tickled her.

"OhmygoshLuhanstopticklingme." Chohee gasped between breaths.

"Fine. Turn your frown upside down, though." He retracted his hands and folded them neatly on his lap.

Chohee obeyed and widely grinned, making Luhan's heart flutter a little bit.

The wind blew. Neither of them spoke. They quietly enjoyed the other's presence, shoulders brushing.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

CHEESINESS FTW! OTL

My friend basically bribed me to make an extremely fluffy chapter so here's cheese.

Last chapter soon D: Expect fluffiness (courtesy of my friend...again =.=) and a humongo author's note that you MUST read.

And it's probably going to come next week since I have time even though I haven't even written 5 chapters of my new fanfic yet.