Can I Have This Dance?

I Accidentally Kissed Byun Baekhyun!

~Soojung's POV~

"Try to add a little more spin into that move." Baekhyun suggested as I continued to perfect my part of the dance.

The performance was only a few days away and I wanted to make ever single step of it awesome. I somehow got access to a practice room (thank god Henry is my cousin) at SM. Baekhyun offered to stay behind to help me with my part even though his part was already flawless.

"You're going to catch me right?" I shot him the if-you-don't-say-yes-you-should-expect-to-die look.

"Of course." His eyes curved into crescent moons. 

"You better." I practiced the move one more time and nodded in satisfaction of how much better it seemed.

"Let's try it from the top." Baekhyun got up and walked towards the stereo. He proudly pressed play only to have a totally different song blast out of the speakers.

Stop girl in the name of love~

"Oops, hehe." Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck and scrolled through his iPod for the right song. (A/N Ohmygosh I bet a lot of you saw that coming because even though I'm really EXO biased nowadays, U-KISS FTW!!)

The soft first notes started playing and Baekhyun scrambled over to where I was...rather gracefully. Note the sarcasm.

"Let's dance!" Baekhyun announced playfully and pulled a goofy face.

 

~No One's POV~

"I look fine, right?"

"Do I look weird?"

"Sehun won't think I dress differently right?"

"What if I'm awkward with him?"

"W-"

"Oh my god. You look fine, Hana. Stop worrying about how you look. Sehun would like you for who you are." Chohee assured Hana as she hyperventilated off stage.

"But what if.." Hana bit her lip.

"If he doesn't like you for who you are, we'll kick his ." Miyoung, Chohee, and Soojung all chorused.

Hana seemed to calm down a bit and she slouched in her seat. She took a big breath in and sighed.

The bustle of last-minute touchups and the sound of people going over dance moves were the only things that you could hear. The chatter of the crowd waiting behind the curtain was only loud enough for the dancers to know there were still people out there. It helped Hana keep her cool and not freak out.

"HANA!" Sehun's voice woke Hana up from her state of peace.

"Ohmygosh. He's coming this way. What if.." She freaked out for a tiny second before she straightened up. "Hi Sehun!"

He didn't say anything back.

"Sehun?"

Nothing.

"Is there something wrong with me?" Hana dreaded the next word.

"No... You're perfect." Sehun breathed out, completely in awe at how Hana looked.

"What?"

"Nothing! You're ready, right? You too, Soojung?" Sehun glanced behind Hana to include the other girl.

"I'm fine. Where's Bacon?"

"He's changing. Wadrobe mishap. He should be here in a few minutes. We'll be going first." Sehun held out his arm for Hana who gladly accepted it. "Bye!"

Once the pair was out of earshot, Miyoung, Chohee, and Soojung simultaneously squealed. "THEY ARE SOOOOO CUTE TOGETHER."

"Woohoo." Baekhyun laughed from behind.

"I thought you had a wadrobe mishap?" Miyoung raised her eyebrow at Baekhyun.

"About that.. I just couldn't get my suit on right." Baekhyun pinked and bowed his head in shame.

"Let's just go, piece of pork." Soojung rolled her eyes and grabbed Baekhyun's arm.

"OK!" He yelled.

He seemed to remember the other two girls and he turned back and waved before Soojung and Baekhyun both rounded the corner and left for their performance.

"THOSE TWO ARE ALSO SOOOO CUTE TOGETHER!" Chohee and Miyoung fangirled.

 

~Soojung's POV~

"This is what all you've been waiting for... ITS..... TEACHER PARK'S DANCE CLASS!" The announcer cheered.

The crowd was deafening with wolf whistles, clapping, and cheering. Somewhere, I had a feeling my parents and Henry were watching there watching me perform. The lights dimmed and the spotlights above every one of the dancers shone on brightly. I closed my eyes a little bit at the brightness but Baekhyun brought me back to where I was.

"Ready?" Baekhyun whispered like he always did when we were practicing.

"Ready." I answered. I could see the evident smile on his face.

The familiar first notes played over the speakers. Sehun and Hana fidgeted a little to the side but Baekhyun nudged me so I was directly facing him again.

Take my hand~

All the guys held out their hands to their partners. I shook my head a little and accepted Baekhyun's outstretched palm.

I'll take the lead

And every turn will be safe with me

I twirled around just like the way Baekhyun had taught me. His smile seemed to grow bigger and brighter than it was before.

Don't be afraid, afraid to fall

You know I'll catch you through it all

The world turned upside down as Baekhyun dipped me. I could hear some hoots and hollers at this part before the world turned rightside up and Baekhyun's face was just inches from mine.

And you can't keep us apart cause my heart is wherever you are

I couldn't help but smile back at Baekhyun as he mouthed the words.

It's like catching lightning, the chances of finding someone like you

It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do

We brushed past a couple that struggled a little in their steps but they were smiling widely at each other. I bit my lip in concentration and continued, focusing back on Baekhyun's warm chocolate brown eyes.

And with every step together, we just keep on getting better

Sehun and Hana had their little mini solo dance at this part and I beamed at their success. I remembered well that Hana struggled with it but now she was a natural.

So can I have this dance (so can I have this dance)

Can I have this dance~

Baekhyun wanted to experiment it a little. I could tell from the look he was giving me. I nodded my head slightly and he let go of me, leaving me to continue spinning across. He managed to make it to me before I crashed into somebody. The world spun but I was having the time of my life right now. The crowd seemed to disappear and it was only the music, the other couples, Baekhyun and me.

Oh no mountains too high enough,

Oceans too wide

'Cause together or not, our dance won't stop

Let it rain, let it pour

What we have is worth fighting for

You know I believe, that we were meant to be

It's like catching lightning, the chances of finding someone like you

It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do

And with every step together, we just keep on getting better

I started feeling a bit nervous. I knew the next part pretty well and it was causing me to get the jitters. Why? The teacher had requested something special from all of us and there was no doubt I would be downright anxious.

So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)

Can I have this dance

Can I have this dance

Can I have this dance~~

Baekhyun pulled me closer to him before he started leaning in. The whole point of this last part was to "kiss" your partner. Some actual couples were going to do the actual thing but for people like Baekhyun and me could just fake it.

The lights dimmed a little bit so it casted a warm glow. I tried to relax and closed my eyes. I could feel Baekhyun's breath hitting my lips as the note was held. I could hear the distinct smooch between some couples before I felt something on my lips.

I opened my eyes in shock and there was Baekhyun kissing me. A smile was curved on his lips and his eyes were tightly shut. I coouldn't help but smile back before I also closed my eyes and kissed him back. Whoops and hollers were sounded before the lights turned out on the stage and the curtain fell.

Baekhyun pulled back and offered me a small smile as he held out his hand. I returned it and grabbed onto his hand.

A warm feeling stirred around in my stomach and I knew what it was. It wasn't attraction but it wasn't something as deep as love. Let's just call it being content with having a piece of pork kiss you.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Video author's note this time!

 

 

 

 

I'm such an awkward turtle. /facepalm

Oh oh oh! ALSO!! You get 50 karma points if you know where the song I used is from and MAYBE you'll get 100 karma points if you can tell me what the song name is :D (it seems too obvious to me ><) Oh and you have to be the first to put it in the comments since I don't want to be shipping away thousands of karma points that I don't own.

SHAMELESS ADVERTISING TIME!! http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/282181/corlyra-ex-fortuna-heartsong-of-fate-adventure-music-romance-teentop-exo-exok-exom

It's a really good story and I swear it's worth your time. It also has a lot of EXO so... go subscribe!!