Chapter 44 : small talk

♥♥Strong Heart♥♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 44

small talk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

the ambiance inside the coffee shop was warm and nice but you could tell that there's an awkward atmosphere surrounding eun jae and tiffany . half an hour later both girls have already ordered 4 frappuccino and 4 different kinds of cakes and still they are not talking to each other. workers in the coffee shop couldn't stop taking a glance in their table since both ordered their 5th drink and dessert. 

 

"so. uhm. i-i haven't seen you lately eun jae", tiffany finally had the courage to ask eun jae who is sitting across her. 

 

the latter didn't asnwer, she just gave tiffany a small smile and nervously sip her drink. "why now?i ask you, why now.of all people to bump, why she had to be that person. now look, i don't know what to say to her.and did i say that i'm still not ready to face her", she thought, not knowing that she let out a sigh.

 

"are you ok?", tiffany asks while the other just nodded her head. 

 

concerened at the pale looking eun jae, tiffany reach for her hand and patted it. she asked her once more. "are you sure your ok?you don't look good.you're pale. want me to send you home?"

 

eun jae shook her head. "i'm o-ok. i'm just t-tired and maybe hungry".

 

"hungry?you're still hungry?we already ate 4 cakes and you're still hungry?", tiffany asked.

 

"neh".

 

"want me to order some food for you again and buy you a medicine?"

 

"no!it's ok", eun jae shouted. embarrassed for her weirdness, eun jae mentally slap herself for not being calm infront of her real sister.

 

tiffany laughed.

 

eun jae slightly furrowed her eyebrows then made a cute pout. "what?why are you laughing?"

 

tiffany giggled then let out a sigh. "your cute. just like my sister, sooyoung". 

 

eun jae stiffened at the mention of her real name. "ju-just like y-your si-sister?"

 

the older noded. "yes. just like sooyoung".

 

"do you miss y-your sister?".

 

"yes.i miss her.i miss her very much. "

 

eun jae furrowed her brows. "if you miss her then. then. why are you not looking for her now?".

 

"i never stop looking for her. before i go to work, i bring out a picture of her and ask people if they saw her somewhere".

 

"if you never stop looking for her, then why can't you still find her?", eun jae asked angrily. "that's bull. it's already 3 years and yet still no luck in finding her", she added. 

 

"i don't know", tiffany said releasing the youngers hand. "i don't know why i can't still find her but all i could do now is pray that she return to me safely".

 

"w-what if one day you...you found her. w-what will you do?", eun jae suddenly ask making tiffany look at her. 

 

"i will hug her tightly first.tell her how much i love and miss her. i will quit my job and look after her. i will do everything to make up the 3 years we lost", she happily answered.

 

"pa-pabo.don't quit your job just because you found her.you should work even harder once you find her. you could make up the lost time before you go to work", eun jae said.standing from her seat, she took out some money from her wallet and put it in the table."don't worry i could tell that she misses you also".she said before leaving a confused tiffany inside the coffee shop. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

it was already past 1 in the morning when eun jae arrive at seung hoons apartment. once she was inside the apartment, 3 boys anxiously rush towards her and hug her tightly.

 

"ya!i was worried!i thought you were kidnapped already"

 

"do you know what time is it?!i was about to call the police"

 

"where have you been?!you scared us."

 

releasing herself from the tight hug, she gave each one of them a peck. she then started telling everything from what happened while she was walking up to when she bumped into tiffany and their small talk inside the coffee shop. eun jae giggled when she saw the 3 boys faces. 

 

seung hoon arch an eyebrow and tap his foot."and you still have the nerve to giggle. you made us worry. you even made dae jung cry".

 

dae jung gasped at what seung hoon told eun jae, "i did not.i did not cry". 

 

"yes you did", hyun jae smiled and slowly nod his head. "you cried you idiot". 

 

dae jung protested, hands flailing wildly in the air. "i did not. i did not cry. there was just something inside my eyes.promise i did not cry".

 

"yea right. there was something in your eye. both eyes?", seung hoon asked then rolled his eyes. he then both pulled hyun jae and eun jae away from the still explaining dae jung. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ding dong

 

ding dong

 

ding dong

 

earning a low growl, luhan opened his eyes when he heard their apartment's doorbell. getting out of bed, he slowly made his way towards the main door. he rubbed his sleepy eyes then look at the doors peephole. blinking twice he opened the door and arch an eyebrows towards his unexpected visitor.

 

"tiffany.it's too early to wake us up",  luhan said while looking at his watch. "it's just 3-", he stopped talking when tiffany suddenly put her arms around his waist. "ok. ok i think your not here to wake us up". closing the door behind using his feet, he  and tiffany walk towards the family room.

 

"i saw her. she's pale. we talked for a while then before she left me alone in my seat she told me that my sister misses me too", tiffany said in one go.

 

luhan put a hand on her shoulder."calm down fany.calm down".

 

tiffany worriedly looked at luhan, "h-how can i calm down. i think she's sick since she's so pale. i know there is something wrong with the poor girl".

 

luhan rub a hand on tiffany's back to calm her."who did you see?and what do you mean by she is pale?".

 

"eun jae. i saw her, i saw her  a while ago and she look pale. we talked inside a coffee shop".

 

luhan stopped. knowing that his friends also need to know the news. he excused himself and went to his friends room. he then took his mobile and texted suho so they too could hear the news. in just a matter of minutes all his friends are up and they are all sitting in the living room.

 

"is it true noona?"asked kyungsoo.  

 

sehun fiddled with his fingers and loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter