Sure Thing

You Don't Know Me

 

Mir’s P.O.V

    “Here is your orange juice sir, enjoy.” I nodded and watched the waitress go to the next table and ask the customers orders. I’ve been waiting for half an hour; my is starting to cramp from sitting so much. The café was small and cozy yet very lively. Some people had books open in front of them, others sipped coffee as they shouted into their phones about some business stuff, and then there were couples enjoying the beautiful sunny day together. And what was I doing? Nothing, except for looking like a creep as I people watched.

    A bird crashed into the window and I jumped in surprise letting out an inaudibly scream. My heartbeat sped up as it registered the shock. The song that played on the radio changed, making me smile at a memory. This is our song. I nodded my head along to the beat and sang, I was near the chorus when I felt a tap on my shoulder and a deep voice interrupted me. I smiled at the man and greeted him politely and laughed when he ruffled my hair.

“Sorry to keep you waiting CheolYong-ah, a sudden business call came up.” I shook my head and sipped my drink. Joons’ dad called me last night asking to meet with him if it was possible. He sounded a bit impatient and like he had some sort of secret. We talked about our day and what we’ve up to so far. I told him about getting used to living in Korea once again. He began asking me questions about marriage, and kids, and if I’d be able to commit to one person. After he went on to lecture me about never being unfaithful, I laughed a little, or never giving up on that one person. We talked about why he did some of the things he’d done, and if he had the chance to change everything, would he?

      We spent nearly two hours in the café when my phone rang. I excused myself and answered it. Joon was worried about where’d I’d gone to, then cursed when I told him I’d left him a note on the fridge. I didn’t tell him I was with his dad though, for some reason for the past two weeks he’d freak if I talked to him, or his mom. i had to cancel shopping dates, lunch meetings, technically any opportunity that I got to hang out with them. After a bit of convincing him I was just out shopping, I hung up and made my way back.

“Sorry for that, Joon freaked out thinking something happened to me.” I laughed and finished my juice. Mr. Lee assured me it was alright and just shook his head amusement at his sons’ protectiveness. Out of nowhere the man took hold of my hand and looked me in the eyes.

“I trust that you love my son very much, before you came into his life…”  He trailed off into his own thoughts and shuddered.

“He wasn’t the person he is now, I owe it all to you, Mir. I have faith that you will never let him go, can you promise to always be yourself and never give up on him?” I was taken aback by his honesty and serious words. Sure we’d talked before about this type of stuff before, but this seemed different. He was acting weird, almost as weird as Joon himself. I nodded in response and felt him squeeze my hand.

“I’m glad my son met you, you’re a ray of sunshine in our lives.” He gave me an eye crinkling smile, it was a genuine smile, one that made you feel like everything was right in the world.

         After a few more minutes I checked my phone and noticed how late it was. Joon is going to kill me if I miss dinner again!! I pushed my chair back and stood up.

“Sorry for so suddenly leaving you Mr. Lee, I should really go now. It’s late and Joonie is going to eat me if I miss dinner.” I bowed and was about to head out when I felt my hand being held. I looked back at the man with questioning eyes.

“Can I request something of you, CheolYong-ah?” I nodded afraid of what he might say. Please don’t let him change his mind about me and Joon! I was praying God, deathly afraid of what might come out of his mouth.

“Please call me, appa from now on, nae?” My eyes widened in surprise and I nodded once again, something I seem to be doing a lot of lately.

“E-excuse me?”

        He repeated his request with pleading eyes and a fatherly smile. My phone beeped and I looked down to see it was a message from Joon. I thought long and hard about what I was going to say. The room seemed to have begun spinning, and my heart stopped. Why is it so hard to call him that? I mean I call Seung Ho appa at times, or some of my other friends. Is it because it’s his dad? Nah. I smiled and nodded.

“I’ll see you later, appa.” He looked like he was going to cry. Before I left he pulled me into a nearly bone crushing hug as he sobbed into my hoody. I awkwardly patted his back and backed away. “I really have to go now!” I announced speed walking to the door, before I reached it though I heard something. I was sure I heard wrong but it made me smile either way, his dad had accepted me.

“Welcome to our family Mireu…” His words played in my mind during my ride home. I smiled and hummed happily. Komawo, appa. I giggled at the thought of really being part of their family. I thought of living with Joon for the rest of our lives, in our own home with no problems.

 

     Joon’s P.O.V

           “AISH! Where is that kid!” I paced around the corridor in a worried manner, hitting myself on the wall and coat rack a few times for not being careful. If he’s late one more time I’m not going to talk to him for a week. I vowed to myself as I peeked through the window to see if he was coming. Nope. great, just great. I went back to the kitchen and started to put away the food. Looks like he’s late again. I sighed and closed the fridges’ door.

       I made my way to our room and looked for my sweats. I quickly changed my clothes and laid in bed. My fringe came down to my eyes and I blew it up a few times trying to get it  out of the way. I was so into it that I didn’t hear the front door open.

“Joonie?” I heard my name being called but I ignored it. Remember your vow! I pulled the blankets around me and pretended to be asleep when I heard Mir coming into the room.

“Joonie?” He called out again and crawled under the covers. I turned around giving him my back and crossed my arms in a childish way. He hugged my waist and nuzzled my neck.

“Sorry I’m late. Please talk to me.” I groaned in response and closed my eyes again. I felt him get up and leave the room. I opened my eyes and uncovered myself. Some noises came from the kitchen and soon I saw Mir walking back in again, this time he was trying to balance two plates, cups and eating utensils in his arms. I scoffed and got up to help him.

“Idiot.” I took the plates and utensils from him and set them down on the night table.

“Joonie, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be late! There was a lot of traffic and I-” I shut him up with a kiss and smiled down at him.

“Next time, I promise I will follow through with my plan to ignore you.” He flashed his breath taking smile and dragged me to the bed where we sat and ate and watched TV.

     After we finished eating we settled in bed and cuddled for the rest of the night while watching a movie.

 

1 Week later, Christmas Day

   “I warned him!” I sighed knowing that this would happen. I knew I should’ve told him to be here an hour early so he’d come at the right time. I was standing outside in the freezing cold like an idiot as I waited for him outside of his job. I felt like my nose was going to fall off any moment due to the cold! I bblew on my hands and rubbed them together trying to warm them up but in the end failed miserably. I groaned in defeat and shoved them in my pockets.

     I looked across the street and saw a couple holding hands as they walked down the street and turned at the corner. Somebody poked me, when I turned around I saw Mir smiling up at me. His scarf wrapped around him in a very stylish manner, his long coat coming down to his knees, he wore white skinnies, and glasses. His usual styled brown hair was hidden under his black beanie. My heart stopped when I saw him, he never failed to amaze me even if I did see him every day. His sweet voice rang in my ears and I blushed because I didn’t hear anything he had just said.

    I asked him to repeat it and he looked at me with an annoyed expression but repeated it nonetheless. I gasped in horror and nodded. We quickly left the place we were at and made our way to our next location. I’d been so amazed by Mir I had forgotten we were supposed to be at my aunts’ house. She was having a Christmas party with our close friends and family. Everybody that was of importance to us was going to be there. I kept mentally kicking myself for forgetting and quickly made a (illegal and dangerous) u-turn to our apartment. I quickly ran out of the car and up to our place, grabbed a huge plastic that contained presents, and another smaller box that I put in my pants pocket.  I ran back down to the car and drove at a speed that could’ve probably killed us.

       After an hour of driving we arrived at my aunts’ home. She’d decorated everything, even her mailbox and lawn gnome. We made our way up the driveway and knocked on the door. Once she opened it looked like we were the last ones to have arrived. Everybody was inside talking, watching something on TV, and drinking. We walked around greeting everybody after a while we all sat down to eat. Little kids ran around and screamed saying they didn’t want to eat, Rain hyung had already begun eating and got scolded by his wife while everyone laughed. I helped carry the platters of food and flicked Seung Ho hyungs’ forehead as he drooled looking at the various types of food. At last when we were all settled down the food got passed around and we ate. Everybody spoke to each other, I was surprised when my own parents made conversation between themselves and laughed instead of shouted. A few jokes were made about others; others fought but made up just as fast. After dinner was over everybody helped clean up then made their way to the living room, music was played and picture albums were passed around. Some very embarrassing pictures of me were shown, much to my hyungs and Mirs’ delight.

         I checked the clock and my heart rate shot up. The time is almost here. I wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans and excused myself to the ‘bathroom’. Once there I took out the small box and opened it. I smiled knowing that this held my future in it. I closed it again and splashed water on my face. The bit of eye liner I was wearing, due to Mirs’ constant nagging, smeared a bit, I reapplied it and brushed my hair a bit. I fixed my shirt, took a few deep breaths and walked out.

“Time for presents!!!!” My aunt called out and everyone gathered around. I went outside to grab the bag from my car and sat next to Mir. We exchanged gifts with everybody, I purposely gave everyone presents except for Mir. He was pouting and had his arms crossed while glaring holes into the wall. I gave my dad the signal and he gave me a thumbs up in return.

      I stood up and cleared my throat. Once I had everyone’s attention on me, including Mir who looked like he wanted to murder me, I smiled. I began making a long speech about nothing in particular just so that at the end when I made my announcement they’d gasp and be like woo and stuff. I laughed at my clever idea. After my rambling and walk down memory lane with everybody.

“So I have one thing I’d like to ask…” I paused and walked over to Mir who was now looking at me with big eyes. I smiled and took a deep breath.

“I’d like to ask…” I took a deep and got on one knee, took out the box from my pocket and looked at Mir who was covering his mouth with his hand. The room was quiet, except for the song that played. It was our song. I gave my dad props for his perfect timing on it, and my mom for dimming the lights just right, so it wasn’t too bright or too dark.

“I want to ask... If you can be the one and only person I spend the rest of my life with, the one I can cry with and tell my problems to, the person who will never give up on me and push me to try my hardest, who will cheer me up when I’m down and about to give up, Bang CheolYong will you do me the honor and let me change your last name to Lee, will you marry me?” I looked calm and collected on the outside, but inside I was a nervous wreck. My heart was beating a million times per minute. I felt my palms getting sweaty and the clothes I was wearing suffocated me. I waited nervously for his answer, I bit my bottom lip as he stood up and…

 



 

 

A/N:

AHAHAHAHAHA I'm such a troll.

Miaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

I'll update soon again!!!

So comment and sub!

I lost 2 subbies ;~;

But guys! Please do comment.

And I'm sorry for making you think I was going to end the story and not finish it!

Thanks to those of you who gave me such a warm welcome back! You don't know how fluffy it made me feel reading your comments! <3