Can It Be?

You Don't Know Me

 

Joon’s P.O.V

      “I’m looking for Lee Changsun.” Everything froze around me and I stopped breathing for a few seconds. My head was spinning, my heart hammering a thousand miles per minute. I swallowed whatever was blocking my throat and with trembling legs took a step back. I shook my head and tried to convince I was just imagining her. She’s not there! I’ve just been working too much and not getting enough sleep. Yeah that’s it, not enough sleep…

“Do you know if he’ll show up tomorrow? I’ve been looking for him for almost eleven years.” She had tears in her eyes and she was clutching her bag.

“W-when did you lose him? How?” I was afraid of her answer but I had to  find  out. I had to know if it was really her in front of me.

“It was almost eleven years ago. He was just a little boy, the cutest thing you’d ever see. His eyes shine when he’s happy and his smile is brighter than the sun. I was in a car accident. It was all staged though, it wasn’t real. When I came back for my child…he was…gone.” My legs gave out and I fell to the floor. After all these years, all this suffering she’s been alive? She was looking for me? She missed me?

“A-are you okay?” she asked reaching a hand out to help me up. I took it and stood up. We were quiet. Neither of us said anything for a moment.

“I was told by the detective I hired that he’s in this class. I can only imagine how grown up and handsome he is. I wonder if he has someone special to him, if he’ll let me meet that person. I wonder if I’ll even be able to meet him.” I couldn’t take it anymore, it was too much. I came to the realization that it really was my mother. She was standing in front of me, waiting for me to show up. I raised my head up looking her in the eyes for the first time in eleven years. I her cheek with my right hand then threw my arms around her in a suffocating hug. I was crying. I felt happy and confused.

“Omma. It’s me Changsun. O-o-o-m-ma it’s me.” I said in a choked voice. I pulled away from her and let her look at my face.

“Ch-changsun? Is it really you? My baby boy! My dear son!” she held me tight against her and sobbed into my chest. I held her and didn’t say anything. We were crying not out of sadness but out of happiness. I let her go and wiped her tears.

“Omma…” I looked down at her with shiny wet eyes and hugged her again.

“Why now? Why didn’t you comeback sooner?”

“I couldn’t.”

“Why no-” I didn’t get to finish my sentence because my phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket and checked the caller I.D. Mir

“Hello?”

-Joonie where are you? I’ve been waiting for almost an hour and you’re not here. Are you okay? Did you get hurt? Are you in the hospital? PLEASE TELL ME YOU’RE FINE!-

“I’m…fine.”

-You don’t sound fine! Is it your dad again? I’ll go beat him up for you! Nobody can hurt you! Where are y—

“I’m fine, don’t worry about me. Can you ask Daesung if he could give you a ride, I have an important…meeting.”

-Are you sure you’re okay? I’m here to listen to you, you know that. Whatever trouble you’re in you can count me in, we’re in this together Lee Changsun and don’t you forget it!-

“I know, I’m fine you dork. Don’t over think things alright? I’ll be home soon.”

-Alright. I love you.-

“I love you to. Be careful going home.”

-Arasso, I love you to.- he hung up and I turned back to the person next to me.

“Am I troubling you?”

“No. everything’s fine. Let’s go get a cup of coffee and talk.”

“Arasso.” We were walking to the coffee shop across the street, neither one of us speaking.

“Won’t your girlfriend be mad?”

“She won’t because I don’t have one.”

“Then who…”

“He. My boyfriend.

“Oh. Can I meet him sometime? If it’s okay with you that is.” I smiled and nodded my head. We sat in that café for almost five hours. We talked about everything in our lives. Not once did we bring up the subject of how she was supposedly dead. She heard everything from beginning to end. We cried and laughed then cried some more. I told her about Hyuna but she wasn’t surprised.

“I always liked her, she was like a daughter to me even though she came from something horrendous. How is she? I bet she’s a beautiful young lady now.”

“She lives with me and Mireu and Sanghyun.”

“Sanghyun lives with you?”

“Yes.” I showed her pictures of us on my phone and she marveled at them. I pointed to a picture of a smiling Mir and me at the bus station.

“That’s Mireu.”

“He’s really handsome, and sounds like a wonderful guy.”

“You don’t mind me being…gay?”

“Of course not! Why would I? If you’re happy then it shouldn’t matter what others think.” I smiled and continued showing her pictures. I checked the time and noticed how late it was. I apologized and told her I had to go.

“I understand Changsun.”

“Can we…meet tomorrow? I’d like to get to know you more…omma.”

“Of course! Do I meet you here?”

“Sure. I’ll go first.” I got up from my seat and hugged her again then left. During the whole car ride I kept thinking if that had really just happened.

     I put on my blinkers and parked on the side road. I pulled out my phone and dialed Seung Ho’s number. After the sixth ring he finally picked up.

“Hyung I nee-”

- SEUNG HO HARDER! Keep your voice down I’m on the phone. What do you want Joon?-

“Is this a bad time?”

“Yes.”

“Sorry. I’ll call back later.”

-Just hang up and get over here! I’m still on the phone, wait a minute. Make whatever you needed to tell me quick I have a very dangerous Byunghee in bed .-

“Oh dear lord! I can’t tell you this while knowing Byunghee is on your bed. I’ll call later.” I hung up and tried to erase those images from my head. I got back on the road and drove home.

Mir’s P.O.V

      School is out and Joon isn’t here. Maybe his class is running late. Or he stopped by the store. I sat on the sidewalk and looked out at the road hoping Joon would here soon. It’s been thirty minutes and he hasn’t shown up or called. What if something’s wrong? I decided another couple of minutes. I was pulling pieces of grass from the crack in the concrete when someone sat next to me. I didn’t bother checking who it was. I knew it wasn’t Joon, this persons shadow was too big and he didn’t smell like him.

“Hi. I’m in your class, why haven’t you gone home?”

“I’m waiting for someone.”

“You’ve been here for forty-five minutes, this person must be very important.”

“Mhm.” I continued plucking the grass and checking the street for any sign of Joon.

“Want to go get ice cream? I’m also waiting for my ride.”

“No thank you.”

“Why do you ignore me?”

“Because you’re annoying.”

“That hurts.”

“Good.”

“I like you CheolYong.” He squatted in front of me and pressed his lips on mines. I tried to pull away but he had a hold on me. He put his hand under my shirt and ran it up my back. I got shivers. Not shivers like Joon made me feel, this was more like getting a bucket of ice dumped on you type of shiver. It felt bad.

“Let me go.” I pushed him away and saw him smirking.

“Waeyo? Go out with me. I can make you happy.”

“I have a boyfriend.”

“So? He doesn’t need to find out? I’ll take you places you can’t even imagine and he can’t afford. I can let you experience everything life has to offer.”

“No. You can’t give me the most important thing in life.”

“I can give you anything.” He laughed throwing his head back.

“You can’t buy love. Only one person has my heart.” I walked away from him and dialed Joon’s number. He picked up and told me to ask Daesung for a ride. My heart sank but I called Daesung. He didn’t ask questions and dropped me off at our apartment.

“Want to come in?”

“Maybe next time. I have to help Seungri with his math homework.”

“Kay. Thanks for the ride, bye!” I waved and went inside. Hyuna and Cheongdoong were out with friends and Joon was wherever it is he was. I took a shower and put on one of shirts. I did my homework and cleaned. It’s been two hours and no sign of him. Cheongdoong and Hyuna came back and helped me cook dinner.

“Oppa where’s Joon oppa?”

“I don’t…know…”

“What? You always know.”

“He said he’d be home soon.”

“Oh.” We finished cooking and eventually ate dinner after waiting an hour for him. It was almost eight pm and he wasn’t back. I went to our room after cleaning the kitchen and putting away the dishes. I laid in bed watching TV waiting for him. I yawned and closed my eyes.

           I woke up to some noise in the bathroom and hid under the blanket. I checked the time and saw it was almost eleven. Why is he back so late? He got in bed with his back to me. He didn’t even say goodnight or that he was back or kiss me. My heart sank as I stared at his back. I faked turning in bed and got closer to him. I snuggled up to him and breathed in his scent. This doesn’t smell like him. This is flowery and feminine. I sniffed him again and got the smell of coffee and cigarettes. Where was he?

    For the next few days he would drop us off at school and come home late. He felt distant. I felt disconnected from him. Every time he came back he would smell like coffee, and cigarettes mixed in with woman’s perfume. I didn’t think too much of it and shrugged it off. Maybe it’s just one of his students perfume. Or one of them smokes. Maybe they bring him coffee. But why doesn’t he tell me these things? I sighed and faced the board. That weird guy was looking at me but I ignored him. The bell rang and I picked up my books. I was about to leave but he stood between me and the desk. Everybody was gone and it was only the two of us.

“I know who and where your precious boyfriend is.”

“What do you know? Step out of way. I need to get home.”

“Why? So you can wait for him and be ignored again like he’s been doing it this past two weeks?”

“You don’t know anything.”

“I know a lot of things. About you, where you come from, your precious Joon.”

“You don’t know me, so don’t say you do. You don’t know anything about him, about us.”

“But I do. Right now he’s having coffee with the same woman he’s been meeting since two weeks ago. I’ve seen them hugging and being friendly.”

“You’re lying.”

“Is this lying?” I looked at the picture of Joon smiling as he greeted a woman. I couldn’t see her face but she looked pretty. Really pretty. Joon was smiling the way he only smiled for me. my heart froze and I looked up at his face.

“W-when did you take this?”

“This? Mmmh…” he tapped his chin pretending to think. “This was from Wednesday CheolYong.”

“Stay away from me!” I ran out of the classroom. I ran aimlessly until I ran out of breath.

“He’s not cheating on me. He can’t. He loves me.” I sat on the curb and hugged my knees.

“He loves. That picture is fake. He loves me!” the tears started falling and breathing got harder.

“If he loves you then why won’t he tell you where he goes and why he comes home late? Has he told you anything about her?”

“I told you to stay away from me! Why are you following me?”

“Because you’re going to be mine one way or another.” He grabbed me roughly and kissed me harshly.

“You’re going to be mine bang CheolYong.” I punched him and started walking away.

“THAT’S NO WAY TO TREAT YOUR FUTURE BOYFRIEND BABE!” He shouted but I kept walking. My heart was heavy and many scenarios kept playing in my head.


A/N: Hi~ Annyong~ Hola~Bonjour~ Guten Tag~ Aloha~ Ohayoou Gozaimasu~  Sawa Dee-ka~ 

 

<---THIS!<3

chichi_00: Hehe~ xD Thank you~! ^~^

faayicecream: Lololol xD I bet your life is also interesting xD I'll give you kevin for the cake ne? xD Haha~ I'm 17 /is old l: / lol xD you?

Joontaemint: LOL~!!!! ALL guys watch porin I think xD MBLAQ just tells us unlike most haha [x I know right? But it did look weird, imagine your son in a towel with a girl on his bed and a site on the laptop .______. I would assume the same thing lol :P 

leehongkifan1234 : xD BAM! His moms alive, wahhhhhh?, lol xD

UkissShinee: Hehe~ I think I put too much detail sometimes ._. OTL! ; ; I bet your life is like that to! Mine isn't that exciting half th time D:

Chococinna: D'awwww I'm sorry, I saw yout tweets and was like .___. Well here's the answer to your predictions haha xD Lolololol xD when I first read it, it scared me D: I wasn't into the whole thing at the time but now I feel weird when I see boyxgirl story ._. how awkward xD You'll enjoy JR it's really good xD

seetal: D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww come here, come here /smothers you with love/ :'D Thank you! I hope you're enjoying my story<3

So no gifs today you guys because tumblr is down for me and all other sites are just dmeond93hr93hdeo3wmdlwmldjqwpq20ew02 ._.

Anyways I won't do much rambling today...[surprisingly]

Do you guys like Tablo? I do!!! He's amazing, great rapper, great father, great husband, super smart, and really talented~! I remember first hearing him in Epik High [song: Love Love Love] one of my early kpop songs, I instantly fell in love with him<3 lol xD He's like MEGA! talented, seriously! You guys should check out his music!

I've been thinking, I'm close to 50 chapters, so I think I'm going to end this story in about 8 to 10 chapters maybe less but I'm pretty sure it won't go over 60 D:

So I also ALMOST have 70 subbies and you guys are so wonderful! I'm thinking of doing a give away for all my loyal subbies<3

I'll see what I can do. I don't promise you something big because I'm poor /cry, cry/ I shop too much ; ;

So as I was saying I'll let you guys know what I come up with and tell you what you need to do in order to participate :)

So that's all, to summarize this: We have 10 chapters to go, planning a give away, tumblr is being mean, I have an infinite love for Tablo and Epik High, I'm being weird yet again, and I love you guys~!!! ^~^

Enjoy this chapter~

Sub/spazz/comment, it makes me feel fluffy<3