Unfortunate Events 1/2

You Don't Know Me

 

Joon’s P.O.V

       I closed the door softly behind me as I made my way in the hallway to the living room. I stopped when I saw the lights in the bathroom on. I thought I turned everything off before I left. I was getting suspicious and walked slowly towards the bathroom. I was about to reach it when I heard my name being called.

“Changsun is that you?” What’s my dad doing here? I thought he said he was coming back on Tuesday?

“Yeah, it’s me.”

“I’m glad you’re back. Sorry I wasn’t able to be here when your plane landed.” What is wrong with him?

“Erm…it’s alright. Don’t worry about it.” I was standing outside the bathroom watching as my dad shaved. He doesn’t look drunk.

“I’m not drunk.” He said surprising me by guessing what I was thinking.

“Oh…”

“I know what you’re thinking. I think we need to have a talk. Man to man.” I didn’t know what to say so I just nodded. “I’ll be out soon, could you make some tea?” I nodded again and went to the kitchen.

           I pulled out a kettle, filled it with water and put it on the stove. My mind was working over time trying to come up with any type of answer as to what was going on. My phone beeped and I got a message from Mir.

From: Mir

I can’t sleep. It feels lonely without you ))): can you sing for me please? l:

To: Mir

Okay hold on.

I looked back at the bathroom. I was going to leave without saying anything but decided against it.

“Uhm I’ll be back in ten minutes. I have an important call to make.”

“Alright. I’ll wait.”

           I stood outside our apartments door and dialed his number. On the first ring he answered.

-Wait let me get comfortable.- I heard him shuffling and throwing things around.

-okay I’m ready.-

You~
May be the face I can't forget 
The trace of pleasure or regret 
May be my treasure or the price I have to pay 
You~
May be the song that summer sings 
May be the chill that autumn brings 
May be a hundred different things 
Within the measure of a day

You~ 
May be the reason I survive 
The why and wherefore I'm alive 
The one I'll care for through the rough in ready years 
Me 
I'll take your  laughter and your tears 
And make them all my souvenirs 
For where you  go I've got to be 
The meaning of my life is 

You
You, oh you

I finished singing and her light snoring.

“I love you, sweet dreams.” I hung up and went back inside. My da was standing in front at the bar serving the tea in cups.

“Oh you’re back? I didn’t know you could sing like that.” There’s a lot of things you don’t know. I didn’t respond but sat the table. “Will I get to meet this person?”

“I don’t know.” I glanced at him to see his reaction. I felt kind of bad seeing the hurt look on his face.

“I understand.”

“So what did you want to talk about?” I asked getting right to the issue. I was tired, annoyed, and kind of freaked out.

“Ahh well I don’t want to lose you. You’re my only son and I wish we could get along. I know what I’ve done can’t be forgiven or forgotten and I know I’ve missed so many things in your life but I wish we could start over. I want you to meet someone, she’s important to me.”

“Is this why you’re doing it? So you don’t look bad in front of her? What lies did you tell her?” I smirked and let out a small laugh. “You know, I actually don’t want to hear it.”

“It’s not like th-”

“Does she know what you’re really like?”

“Changsun-”

“She doesn’t huh?”

“It’s not like that. Can you please understand I’m trying to be happy.” That really ticked me off.

You’re trying to be happy? How can you deserve to be happy? Do you know how many times I suffered because of you? And you want me to help you be happy!?” he just looked at me. I have never raised my voice at me no matter what. Even through the beatings and verbal abuse. Not once did I ever talk back.

“I know I messed up I just-”

“You can be happy on your own. I was planning on moving out soon anyways. I’ll be gone in a month at the most.” I got up and walked out the door. I didn’t know where to go until I remembered Seung Ho’s house. I’ll call first to make he’s there.

“Hyung?”

-What is it Joon?-

“Can I stay over for the night?”

-uh yeah sure…-

“Thanks! I’ll be over soon.” I didn’t bother grabbing car keys or taking the bus or taxi instead I just walked. It wasn’t that far.

            I knocked on the door and Seung Ho opened it. He led me inside and sat me down on the couch while he went to get something to drink. I heard someone coming downstairs and saw it was G.O. He looked a little surprised but came to sit next to me anyways.

“What’s wrong? Who hurt my baby?” he was suffocating me.

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Was it your dad?” I nodded

“Did he hit you?” I shook my  head.

“When did this happen?”

“A couple minutes ago.”

“Does Mir know you’re here?”

“No, he’s sleeping. I don’t want him involved in my problems.”

“You know he has the right to know?”

“I know but I just want to protect him hyung.”

“Joon, I know you want to protect him, but it’s worse to lie to him. He cares so much for you. You should be able to trust him. He won’t judge you and you know that better than any of us.” We talked and I told them about what happened. It was getting later and I was getting sleepy

“You can sleep in G.O’s room tonight he won’t mind sleeping on the couch for one night.” Seung Ho said giving G.O a look. It seemed like they were tying to pretend like they slept in separate rooms.

“Aish hyung I know you guys are dating, you two can sleep in your room. It doesn’t bother me. I’m actually jealous you get to live together.” They looked flabbergasted.

“You knew? Since when?”

“It’s been a while. You make it kind of obvious.”

“Well then you can sleep in the spare room, we’ll see you in the morning.”

             I watched them go in their room as I went in mine. I laid in bed thinking of what he said. Looks like it’s going to be another sleepless night. I weighed my options on telling Mir everything. It was around four in the morning that I finally fell asleep.

Mir’s P.O.V

         When I woke up I heard the shower running. I got scared so I grabbed the shampoo bottle that was on my dresser. The bathroom door opened and out came a woman.

“Oh M-”

“Who are you? And how did you get in?” I held the bottle up protectively as if would really do any harm.

“Mir stop being an idiot, it’s me your mom.”

“I thought you were coming on Tuesday?”

“Yeah but we decided on something else. He has a son about your age maybe a year or two older and he just got back so we thought of having dinner together tonight. I need you to dress nicely and be on your best behavior. Got it?”

“Got it. What time do we have to meet them? I have other things to do.”

“It’s at six, make sure to be back at least half an hour before that okay?”

“okay.” I went back to my room and dialed Joon’s number. No answer. I tried again. Still no answer. I decided to call G.O maybe he knew something about Joon.

-Hey Mir, what’s up?-

“Do you know where Joon is or why he’s not picking up his phone?”

-Oh he’s with us but he’s sleeping right now. Poor soul couldn’t sleep until the wee hours of the night.-

“Oh, wait why is he with you? When I called him last night he was at his place.”

-You should ask him that.-

“Alright, I’ll be over in a couple of minutes.”

                I hung up and ran to the shower. I got out, dressed, put my hair in a messy pony tail, grabbed my cell phone, wallet, house keys and ran out the door. I then quickly ran back in and yelled for my mom.

“MOM I NEED RIDE! IT’S URGENT!” she came down the stairs giving me a weird look.

“What happened?”

“Can’t tell you but it’s important.” She grabbed her keys and got in the car. She dropped me off at Seung Ho’s apartment. I didn’t even wave good bye and ran up the stairs and knocked on the door.

“Mir!” Seung Ho greeted me when he opened the door. “What are you doing here?”

“Where’s Joon? Is he hurt?”

“No. He’s sleeping…” I ran towards the first door I saw and opened it. There he was sleeping. He didn’t look comfortable though. He had a deep frown on his face and he was clutching the pillow. I went to sit next to him and brushed his hair aside.

“Joonie…” he moved a little but didn’t wake up. I didn’t want to bother him so I went back downstairs.

“What happened to him?”

“I don’t know, he just called me all of a sudden and asked if he could sleep over. ”

“I see.” Two hours had gone by and he was still asleep. I was sitting on the couch eating a sandwich that G.O made me as I watched a movie with them. Halfway through the movie Joon woke up and came downstairs. We talked but he didn’t say anything about what happened last night to him. He ate an then went back upstairs. I followed him and sat next to him. The whole time he was either on his phone, or the laptop. I asked what he was doing but he ignored me. After a while I got bored and went downstairs again. Climbing this many stairs should be enough for my daily exercise. I looked at the clock and and saw it was 5:50.

“Oh my god! My mom is going to kill me!” I screamed and jumped up.

“Why?”

“She wants me to meet her boyfriend and his son.”

“Oh good luck.”

“Thanks hyung, tell Joon I said bye.”

             When I got out my mom was just parking outside their apartment. I got in and she began her nagging, I tuned her out thinking only about Joon and why he was being like that. We arrived at the place and I noticed it was the same complex that Joon lived in. Hmm weird, I should’ve come with Joon then. We were making our way in when a woman walked past us. We were standing in the lobby just like the other woman, a man in a business suit walked in as well looking around. After a few seconds I saw Joon walking in. The man saw my mom and walked towards us. The other woman was still looking around, checking her watch. Joon came towards the man. We were all standing in a circle looking at each other. Time seemed to stop as everyone spoke.

“Changsun! You’re back!” the man said trying to hug Joon but Joon glared at him.

“Honey~!” my mom cried delightedly as she hugged the man. “Mir, honey come over here meet my boyfriend.” Joon looked at me then at my mom then back at the man. Then the other woman glanced at us and ran for the man.

“TaeKyun it’s been so long!” she squealed then everyone stood quiet as Joon launched for the man.


A/N: Hey guys!!!

  OMO OMO OMO OMO!!!! WHAT HAPPENED?

COMMENT TIME!!!

KpopAmericanGirl: Aww I'm sorry! you'll find a good Korean guy and he'll love you forever and ever~!! ^-^

UkissShinee: Kekeke~ Right?  Just call me Lucy~ or unnie how old are you? I'm 17 hehehe~ Here's an update enjoy and keep commenting!(:

dearcaroline: DMEIRJ38RH3EJDIQWD!!! YOU'RE INVITED!! All I need is for him to ask me this-->YES!!! You'll see what happens with those parents in this chapter and the next one! D: Kekeke~ here I am ninja author updating again! :3

Chococinna: Ohh did your prediction come true? kekeke~~ 87 line is naughty[x wkdmwdq o: it is hot indeed lol xD

chichi_00: lol you're never to old to get  a lit bow-chika-wow-wow kekeke~ the gifs I find them on tumblr, google, just random websites  shhh lol xD

coolburritos: I wasn't tinking anything dirty until you pointed it out lol xD depends on my moms mood, I'll just cry and my dad will feel bad but my mom's always just like but yeah here's an update!! I DID!!!!!  I was on twitter right when he put it up! I was like eh just trolling but curiousity always gets the best of me so I called it. WDNEIWRJHD9W3IEHFDIWHER8HWIASDJWQOJDOSA I GOT THROUGH, I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY SO I ONLY WHISPERED THE BARELY IF YOU COULD CALL IT KOREAN AND HUNG UP! O_O  Yeah not my proudest moment...PFFT BEST ING MOMENT! Okay calming down I don't care if the international call makes my phone bill go up. I heard his voice!!! MDIWEJD8EWHD8ASXN I'll be hearing from my dad next month. TT.TT I HAVE NO REGRETS!!! 

iMaoPaddington: Awww yay!!! 

Kanani: Don't worrythere WILL be a happy ending trust me!!!! 

Okay guys here you go another update! I'm working on part 2 right now, it will be up sometime tomorrow so look forward to that!!!!!

This made me laugh non-stop because well it's Mir xD

So I found this, I don't know who made it, but who ever it belongs to credit goes to them. 

Me: Have you ever heard the fan girl cry to the Korean moon?

Me: Or asked the dancing tabi why he choom'd?!

Me: Can you sing will all the voices of girls' generation!?

Me: Can you paint all the colors using GD's weave!?

Me: Can you paint with all the colors of YGGGGGGG!?

 

Okay guys until tomorrow(hopefully) enjoy this update and leave me lots of spazzing/subs/comments

P.S: I lost a subbieI know but it's because I have you guys that I've gotten this far and I'm glad you're enjoying my story. I just want to say I'm really thankful for all of you have been here from the beggining and stayed w/me until now, and to all my new subscribers I love you and welcome!!! okay I'm going to sleep now. Good night!!