New Beginnings

You Don't Know Me

 

Joon’s P.O.V

       Kill me. Kill me now. I beg you!! I can’t take it anymore!! I can’t take these idiots any longer! I held onto my head in an attempt to make it stop hurting but they’re annoying voices still made their way in.

“Joon we’re getting ice-cream!”

“Oppa we need shampoo!”

“Yah! We need to get toilet paper!”

“COOKIES!!!”

“Hyung buy me these stickers!”

“SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!” they all looked at me like I had gone crazy. I breathed in slowly and deeply trying to gather my thoughts.

“No one is getting anything; we just came to buy things for lunch and dinner. We will shop properly once we move into our new house.”

“Okay.” They all said dejectedly but continued to ‘secretly’ dump things in the shopping cart.

“Wait did you say our new house? Does that mean you bought one already?”

“No, we’re going to look for a house tomorrow.”

“Really?” I nodded and got in line to pay for our things. once we were finished with the shopping we headed back to our hotel. When I walked the first thing I did was look for Mir. He should be awake by now, right? I walked in our room and saw him curled up in the middle of the bed clutching the remote control. I had the urge to pinch his cheeks and kiss him but I held myself back and went back to the living room.  I smiled unknowingly and sighed.

       I went to the small kitchen our hotel provided us with and began cooking. As the rice and meat cooked I went to look for everyone but I didn’t see anybody. I started getting worried but it all left when a pair of arms encircled their way around me from behind.

“Joonie you left me~” he’s sleepy voice rang in my ears. I turned around and nuzzled his nose.

“Mian~ I didn’t want to wake you up. I’ll take you with me next time.” He smiled and let go of me.

“I told you before to be gentle!!” he punched my arm and pouted. I chuckled at his random outburst and ruffled his hair.

“Don’t touch me! I’m mad at you!” I laughed and went to check on the food.

“Where’s everyone?”

“I don’t know.”

“Did MyungMyung come back?”

“Who ‘s MyungMyung.”

“Myungsoo…”

“You ca-”

“Sup es? Miss me?” Myungsoo strolled in with a guy on his arm.

“MyungMyung!”

“Hey kiddo~” Myungsoo ruffled Mir’s hair and saluted me. when did they become best friends?

“Who is that?” I asked pointing to the guy next to him.

“Ah this is Sungyeol, Sungyeol this are my friends Mir and his boyfriend Joon.”

“Hi~ I’m Sungyeol, well Myungsoo already told you but yeah uh I’ll be quiet now.”

“Are you guys staying for lunch?”

“Nah we’re gonna go have some fun. I just came to pick up some things.” He put his hands on Sungyeol’ sides and pecked his cheek. I cringed at the sight and waved them goodbye. After twenty minutes the food was cooked and I served the plates but no one was here except me and Mir.

“We should wait for them to comeback before we eat.”

“I’m hungry~ I’m going to eat whether they’re here or not.” He picked up his fork and began eating. I looked at him with a semi shocked face. Soon I also began to eat. It was silent, too silent.  I finished eating and did the dishes. When I came back Mir wasn’t in the living room anymore. I picked up his dishes and washed them as well then went to the room. He was sitting in the middle of the bed with the blanket secured around him watching TV. I crawled in next to him and tried to put my arms around him but he pushed me away.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“You okay?”

“I’m hungry~”

“You just ate.”

“Don’t tell me what I just did, get out.” I sighed and left.

            I sat on the sofa and the TV. I wasn’t really watching, I was actually thinking of what to do next. It hasn’t even been five minutes since he kicked me out of the room when I saw him skipping his way to me with the blanket wrapped around him. He made himself comfortable on my lap and rested his chin on my shoulder.

“I love you~” what is wrong with him?

“I love you to…” he giggled and squirmed around trying to find a more comfortable spot. We stayed quiet watching Titanic. When it was over I heard his soft snoring. I smiled and brushed his hair out of his face. I checked the time and saw it was only three in the afternoon. I grabbed the laptop I had taken from my grandma’s house and started looking for plane tickets. I found the earliest ones, which were for today at midnight, and booked them. I got Mir off me as gently as I could and laid him on the sofa then walked around the hotel picking up all of our things and placing them in our carryon bags.

             Three hours later everyone came back including Myungsoo without his friend. I had already started dinner and was listening to the radio. They came in with their ruckus and were wearing bathing suits. They had wet hair and were talking about how much they had, had. I had been worried sick and here they were just laughing and chatting. I ignored them and handed them their food. I guess they knew the mood I was in because nobody said anything after I left the kitchen. I grabbed a pair of clothes and took a quick shower. When I came back out Mir was being strangled by Byunghee and Seung Ho. I cleared my throat and gathered everyone in the small living room.

“Our flight leaves at midnight, we’re going to be staying at my aunts condo while we look for a house and jobs. Mir, Hyuna, Sora, and Thunder, you will be enrolled in school for the time being whether it be a month or a year. I don’t know how long we’re going to be here, but until this issue is resolved we’re going to live like normal people, here in California.” They all nodded and looked at each other.

“You should pack your bags and charge your phones, iPods, whatever. I don’t need anybody’s nagging right now so please try to keep the noise down to a minimum. Understood?” once again they all nodded and I went back to my room.

       The hours went by and soon we had to leave. I checked the room one last time to see if I was forgetting anything, once I made everyone had their passports and bags I drove us to the airport. We waited less than ten minutes and boarded our plane. I slept for most of the four hour flight. When I woke up Mir was crying as he watched a movie. I yawned and stretched and woke up everybody. When the plane landed I called a cab and split us into groups. By the time we arrived at the apartment me and Mir had shared during the summer it was almost four am. I let everyone and gave them blankets and pillows and told them to sleep.

      I was the first one to wake up. It’s probably my insomnia. I my laptop and began looking for house. I found a couple that I liked and that seemed appropriate for us and it was in a nice neighborhood and close the school. I showered and got dressed. I went out to the living room, and nearly died as I tripped and fell on all the bodies lying around. I shook my head and continued on my way to make breakfast. I fed everyone and told them to get ready because we were going to see some houses. After everyone was ready we went to the real estate office to meet with our realtor and drove to the first home.

 

Mir’s P.O.V

      We looked at houses for over SIX hours!!!!! SIX HOURS!!!!!!! Can you imagine that? I was playing games Joon’s phone since I lost mine. I have to tell him I need a new one… I sighed and tugged on his shirt until he looked back at me.

“What now Mir?”

“How much longer are we going to look for?”

“Until we all agree on a house together.” I groaned and went back to playing my game. I was tuning everything out until something caught my attention.

“…house is available now but it is very pricey because the current owners just remodeled it. It has everything you’re looking for and it’s in a nice, family friendly neighborhood. The residents there are friendly and you don’t have to worry about very young children, and most people have lived there for some time so you have nothing to fear about strangers.”

“Joonie let’s go see it~” he nodded and we followed the man to our next destination. We parked in front of a huge white house. The front yard was well kept with trees and bushes. As we walked up the driveway a neighbor waved hello and came over to introduce himself.

“Are you folks buying this house? I can tell you it’s a great investment and your lovely girlfriend would be more than happy to settle here.” Is he talking about me? why does everyone assume I’m a girl?!

“we’re thinking about it, we’re just looking for now.” The man nodded and went back to his home.

“Can we see the rest of the home?” we walked inside and were greeted by high ceilings, and white walls. The house was bare except for the lighting fixtures. The first room was big enough for Sora and Hyuna to share and the other one for Myungsoo and Thunder. Joon and I claimed the master bedroom which faced the backyard and had a nice view, before the 87 line could even see it. There was a pool and a huge kitchen like Byunghee wanted an attic and basement, and anything else we could’ve thought of.

We were all still in the master bedroom looking around as Joon spoke with the realtor about prices. I saw a part of the wall which looked a bit uneven. The color was slightly lighter than the rest of the walls. I came to stand by Joons and waited for him to finish talking before I pointed my discovery.

“Is there another room in here? Or did the painters get the wrong color and didn’t fix that side of the room?” the man looked at me with an incredulous face and smiled.

“No, they didn’t paint it wrong. You have a great eye for details Miss you are the first person to notice this. The owners installed a panic room in case of an emergency you could hide their. It’s also the security room where you can manage the alarm, electricity and cameras.” We were all wide eyed and excited.

“Joon we need to buy this house!!”

“Yeah Joon!”

“Oppa~!!”

“Hyung!”

“Yeah doll face!”

“I agree with them oppa.” It seemed like forever before he spoke again.

“Where do I sign?”

“We’re getting it? Really? You’re not lying right?” we spazzed around, jumping and whooping. The man gave us directions to the office.

        We talked non-stop on our way there, even Joon joined in our obnoxious singing and shouting. It felt like the world was finally on our side. We arrived at the building and got out. Joon went in the office with Myungsoo and Seung Ho and we stayed outside getting fresh air. I turned to the girls and told them what I was planning on doing. After talking it out they agreed to help me and to convince Joon to go along with it as well. Joon came back out with a manila folder and the realtor behind him, so close to him I thought I thought he was going to kiss him. Joon smiled awkwardly at him and waved goodbye. Once we were all in the car again we attacked him with questions.

“When can we move in?”

“When do we go shopping?” we went quiet waiting for him to answer us. When he did we were even more excited than before. We can move in today if we want. Joon agreed for us to go shopping today so our furniture could be delivered tomorrow. We were going to be enrolled in school tomorrow but won’t start until next week.

         I was beginning to get suspicious of how they got jobs so fast and at the school to. I’m pretty sure Myungsoo had something to do with it but I didn’t care as long as we got to be together. Joon will be the new P.E teacher at the school, Seung Ho is a science teacher and Myungsoo will be a counselor. Byunghee will keep watch over the house and pretend to ‘work’  from home, while the rest of us go to school.

       It’s now been one week and we start school today. Joon didn’t want to accept my idea but I insisted on going along with it. I reminded him how not many people are okay with gays and all that stuff until he finally gave in and let me pass off as a girl for as long as we stayed here. We had been worried about our student, teacher relationship in school but thanks to Myungsoo and his mysterious ways, we had nothing to worry about. We were waiting for Joon so we could leave before Byunghee could come downstairs and make us eat breakfast. I wanted a donut so bad and I wasn’t in the mood to argue with my hyung. We heard Byunghee coming down the stairs and the four of us dashed outside to Joon’s car. Myungsoo and Seung Ho had left ten minutes ago to escape him as well. Finally he started the car and we were on our way to school. When we entered the parking lot I was overwhelmed. It felt weird not wearing a uniform. I saw girls who wore barely anything and others who looked like they had their closet on. I didn’t see many Asians and it made me feel kind of better because it made me feel special that I was one of the few. A few girls gave me glares and scowls, some guys winked, others ignored us. I stayed close to Hyuna, Sora and Thunder since Joon left us to go speak with the principal. We asked for directions on how to get to the main office so we could pick up our new schedules. The four of us had the same classes for the first couple of periods but then we got separated until school was over.

        We heard the bell ring and we made our way to our new class. I went through all my classes with an emotionless face. People were so mean even if they didn’t know you. One girl tried to trip me just because she thought I smiled at her boyfriend. I can’t blame her boyfriend if he did stare at me, I mean I look good boy or girl. I seemed conceited but I look better than half the girls in this school. I was walking towards my P.E class with a huge grin because I got to see Joon. As I walked down the hallway I heard the whispers and giggles.

“Did you see the new P.E teacher? He’s so hot!”

“I wonder if I can get a little extra credit, if you know what I mean.” , you’re all !. I held in all the things I wanted to yell at them and made my way to the blacktop where everyone met. I didn’t have a P.E uniform yet so I didn’t change. I stood awkwardly waiting for Joon…I mean my teacher to come and start the class. As I stood waiting somebody smacked my . I yelped in surprise and was about to give whoever did it a piece of my mind but Joon cleared his throat to introduce himself. I gave him all of my attention, and just like the other girls in class were doing, I ogled his abs through his tight work out shirt, his long legs were covered by black sweat pants and his usual fluffy hair was in a ponytail.

“I’m Mr. Lee your substitute P.E teacher until your teacher comes back.” The girls giggled and gossiped among themselves as the guys gave him death glares. I simply wore a blank expression and stared off into space. After introducing me all the students jogged to the track for the stretches and warm-up run. I smirked because I didn’t have to do this until next week once I ‘settled’ myself down. Joon blew the whistle and they all ran off. I came to stand next to him and brushed my hand against his.

“Mireu not here.” He whispered.

“But I haven’t seen you all day! And all those people keep being mean and touching me.” I pouted and played with my fingers. He sighed and glided his fingertips along my waist as he jogged to the class.

        After P.E I went to last two periods. It wasn’t fun. Not fun at all. No one appreciated someone nice, they were all mean except for the girl who sat next to me in history. She quickly became my friends with and explained everything to me; the cliques, teachers, best hang out spots, who to avoid and all that jazz that you only see in movies. Once my class was over I headed to the parking lot and waited by the car for Joon and everyone else.

       Just like that our day went by. One day turned into a week, the week into a month. It’s now been three months since we’ve been living in California. I try to hide it form Joon but sometimes I can’t help but feel depressed and miss my home in Korea. We went through our routines and blended in with everyone else. The only time I was able to be myself was at home and it wasn’t even worth it because Joon would be busy with either calling parents or directing detention or anything else the female teachers could come up with to keep him at school longer.

       Christmas is almost here and I felt excited for it. it’s my first Christmas with Joon and everyone. It’s the first time I felt like part of a family. I just hoped this feeling would last forever.


 

A/N: Haii beautifuls~!!!!!!!! Sorry I ahven't updated but I'm pretty busy now a days. I have my tutoring job, and I work as a translator for my uncle, fun. Ah anyways I'll make this short because I really need to sleep.

1. I'll PM the winner of the giveaway.

2. I'm not sure when I'll update again.

3. NO. This ISN'T an mpreg fic. Lolol I just thought I'd give Mireu some extra emotions for the hell of it lol. (how would he even the baby?? That'd be awkward to write lol)

4. Goodnight~!