Chapter 9

When It's Time to Let Go

 

Changmin pouted as he stared around at Yunho’s empty apartment. He needed to get everything out in the open. Since Yunho wasn’t around and wasn’t answering his phone, he made the decision to start with Junsu and Yoochun.
 
CM: Let’s meet.
JS: Who is this?
CM: Changmin-ah.
JS: Jinjaa? I’m with Yoochun.
CM: Bring him, too.
JS: Arraso.  Where?
 
They made plans to meet at a café around SM headquarters in a half hour. Changmin attempted to dial Yunho again. He sent him the text message that he’d sent Junsu. While staring down at his phone, he didn’t notice the person in front of him.
 
They smacked together hard and the other person fell onto the ground. Changmin grabbed his chest and looked down. There was a girl sprawled on the ground. Her hair fell into her face. She glared up at Changmin and stuck her tongue out. She was half-Korean and half-white from her looks.
 
“Yah! Watch where you are going! This is Korea not New York!”
 
Changmin bowed and apologized. He attempted to help her but she glared at his hand and pushed herself up. She brushed past him and down the hallway to the elevator. Changmin made a face.
 
“She was rude”, he mumbled. When he reached his apartment, he reached inside for his keys and grasped air.
 
“Pickpocket”, he groaned. He shook his head and immediately raced after her. The elevator closed as he reached and he saw her stick her tongue out once. He swore under his breath and ran for the stairs.
 
As he reached the lobby, the elevator doors dinged close. That meant the girl had already gotten off. Changmin glanced at his phone and knew he’d be late to the meeting. He cursed under his breath and ran to the concierge desk.
 
“Have you seen a half-Korean girl with blue eyes and black and red hair?” The concierge shrugged and Changmin swore. His phone rang and he answered it. It was Yoochun.
 
“Where are you?”
 
“Some stole my wallet and keys. I’m trying to get them. Where are you?”
 
“At the café. We’ll wait for you.”
 
Changmin hung up his phone and looked around for the girl. When he turned around, a young fan was behind him wide-eyed. She was cute with brown pigtails and a DBSK t-shirt. Her two front teeth were missing so she spoke with a lisp. She looked about 9.
 
“Oppa, you dropped this.”
 
She handed him his keys and wallet. Changmin blushed and thanked her. He’d been running off after the girl and the little girl had probably heard him swear. He signed her shirt and took a picture before running off to find Yoochun and Junsu.
 
When he got to the café, he sat down at their table and immediately began explaining his story.
 
/Flashback/
 
Changmin leaned back and stretching. He heard his back crack and sighed. He and his boss had been in the studio since that afternoon trying to put the finish touches on the album. The other members had left hours ago to turn in for the night. The building was silent and quiet except for the sound of Youngmin singing the lines to their song under his voice.
 
“Boss, you have a good voice”, commented Changmin from his stretched position. His shirt rose up to reveal pale, milky skin but he didn’t pull it down. They were both guys here and were just working to get their album finished.
 
“Thanks. You’ve got a pretty amazing voice, too”, commented Youngmin, jokingly.
 
“I’ve got to if I’m going to sing in a band, eh? But, I think Junsu hyung is the best. I wish I could sing like him.”
 
Youngmin placed a hand on Changmin’s leg. It would have been comforting if it hadn’t been so far up his leg.
“Ah, de…” nodded Changmin, awkwardly, moving his leg out of the way. Youngmin took a long hard look at him. Changmin blushed from the scrutiny and turned away to start the beat to the song again.
 
When he turned around to get the lyric sheet off the soundboard, Youngmin was sitting entirely too close to him.
 
“Boss, what are you do---” His words were muffled with Youngmin pressing his lips onto Changmin’s.
 
Changmin pushed him away.
 
“What are you doing? We’re both guys and you’re my boss for that matter.”
 
“Exactly. I’m your boss and I like you. So, I think if you want to keep your job, you won’t fight it.”
 
“Yah! And what if I report you to the police?” said Changmin, standing up.
 
“Won’t that reflect badly on you as well? It would also reflect badly on your group members, like Yunho and Jaejoong who I’m sure we’re all aware are having a little affair. And you‘re pretty fit, Changmin but I‘m sure I‘m strong enough to make you see it my way. I‘m sure your other members aren‘t as strong as you are.”
 
Changmin blanched. He stood, stock still as Youngmin walked over and began to press his lips on his.
 
“What is going on in here?”
 
Changmin jumped apart from Youngmin and turned to see Jaejoong, standing in the doorway, arms folded.
 
“I came back to see if Changmin wanted something to eat and what is this I happen upon?”
 
“Hyung, its not…” started Changmin.
 
“I see our boss physically and verbally threatening our maknae and our group. What is this that I see?”
 
Youngmin glared at Jaejoong. “Don’t worry about it.”
 
“I don’t want you to put your hands on him ever again”, said Jaejoong, ignoring Youngmin’s order.
 
“What are you going to do?” said Youngmin, scoffing. “Would you like the whole world to know about you and Yunho?”
 
“As if they don’t already know”, laughed Jaejoong. “Besides, Changmin’s a kid. He likes girls. He doesn’t know how to help you. I think you’ll find me a much better option.”
 
Changmin looked over sharply at Jaejoong. Jaejoong was the purest thing he knew even when it came to Yunho. He was always shy and remained loyal to Yunho no matter who threw themselves at him.
 
“Hyung…”
 
“Changmin-ah, go home. Let’s keep this our secret, okay?” called Jaejoong, over his shoulder.
 
Changmin stood there, stock still. He was surprised, he couldn’t even move. Jaejoong walked over to him and hugged him, whispering in his ear.
 
“Dongsaeng, I won’t let him hurt any one of us. Just go home. It’ll all be okay.”
 
He pushed Changmin out of the room and shut the door behind him. He couldn’t hear anything from inside the room and his whole body began shaking in fear.
 
He started his walk home, his head down in shame. If Yunho ever found out, he’d hate him forever.
 
/End Flashback/
 
“Changmin, is this true?”
 
Changmin turned around and saw Yunho standing behind him. Tears blurred his vision but it was definitely Yunho.
 
“I got your text”, he explained. Changmin nodded.
 
Yunho growled in anger and ran a hand through his hair.
 
“I can’t believe this…”
 
“Hyung, I’m sorry that I let him do that.”
 
“I don’t even want to talk to you right now, Changmin. Just shut up, okay?” snapped Yunho. He began pacing the floor, angrily. His hand was ripping through his hair at a furious pace that almost guaranteed pre-mature male pattern baldness.
 
Changmin kept quiet, his eyes filling up with more tears. They were starting to gain attention what with Changmin’s sobbing and Yunho’s pacing. Junsu and Yoochun exchanged glances and got up from their seats. They paid the bills and escorted Changmin out of the very public café. Yunho followed them once he noticed they were leaving.
 
“What are you going to do now?” asked Yoochun, once they got into the taxi. Everyone was silent, the sliding door between the back and the driver was closed, and his music was up loud.
 
“Nothing. I--- there’s nothing to do. I’m still so pissed at him. I could have helped him but he didn’t even trust me”, Yunho spat out.
 
Changmin buried his head into his knees, quiet. Junsu reached a hand around and comforted him.
 
“I’m sorry”, said Changmin.
 
“You should have told me. When I rejected him like that when I found out, you should have sided with him”, said Yunho, his eyes sad, so, so sad.
 
They reached the TVXQ apartments and only Yunho got out.
 
“Are you coming?” asked Yunho, looking back inside to Changmin. Changmin shook his head. “I’ll be back tonight, maybe?” he shrugged.
 
“Watch him, don’t let him do anything stupid.” said Yunho. Even through his anger, he was a leader.
 
Junsu and Yoochun nodded in agreement and the taxi took off towards the JYJ apartments. Yunho went upstairs to his apartment.
 
It was bare; with only the necessities although messy from dirty clothes and takeaway containers. Two years of living alone was rotten and boring. The year before the split was almost like living alone, with no one ever being home, no meals ever being shared, and silence reigning the majority of the time. It came to three years of living alone. He was so completely sick of it.
 
Yunho pulled out a trash bag and began throwing away all the crap that had collected in the rooms. Once that was finished, he began packing. He was saddened when he saw what he had to show for. There were two large suitcases of clothes and a duffel bag of other personal belongings.
 
Yunho grabbed his stuffs and locked the door of the apartment. He’d send the key to the company for his deposit to be collected and the room forfeited. He called up a taxi and it took him to the bus stop.
 
He wasn’t sure where he was going yet but he was going.

A/N: ALL IS REVEALED! The reason that Jaejoong was with Youngmin was to protect s, especially Changmin-ah. Its a real betrayal considering that Changmin didn't support him at the end, even knowing what happened. Bad Minnie! Mianhae. This has taken a long time to get to you. I accidentally deleted like two chapters. *sheepish grin* Anyway, this story will be over soon. I feel like I'm rushing the ending though. What do you guys think? If the ending is rushed, let me know!!! I can rewrite and make it less elapsed. If you have any suggestions, please suggest them. I could very well end up using them. 

Comment Replies

 

@stinkymush- I think Jaejoong can take care of himself, lol. Although he probably wouldn't mind his Yunho in shining suit to save him.
@karijaemin- I will when I get the chance! Definitely!
@Carbibbeanpop17- :D I liked that line, too. Luna's fun to write. And yeah, sometimes boys need a hit to the head. SO stubborn.
@omgomg Keke. I'm impatient for fan fic, too. :P
@hye_woo LOL. You don't like Youngmin? He's interesting to write.
@doubleJ_YC I think Jae will be fine. :D
@Sarah_OT5 Yeah... that's flashback from when they first left. Hope that was a clear. Yoochun and Junsu stuck w/ him because they believed him. And Changmin's reaction might make you even more upset after reading this chapter.
@hjonghyun- Here's your update, :P
@skyblaze77- I couldn't even finish the first episode, my laptop was being stupid. :( But, I'm watching Shut Up: Flower Boy Band. I LOVE IT! Another good one is Listen to my Heart, 30 episodes, though.