Chapter 3

When It's Time to Let Go

Acting School was a new show produced by KBS that seemed to be doing quite well. It was popular because of its funny hosts, lively and young guests, and fun games and themes. On the website, there was a poll for a new theme of the week. The winning theme would be elected as the theme of the week. Different games were played to fit the theme and different scenarios were acted out by the guests. The best part was that fans were directly involved in the show. They chose the theme, the games, and the scenarios all from the website and then saw their picks come to live right there on the show the next week.

The cameras were and the countdown began. The announcer began shouting and the two MC’s walked onto the set.
 
Kang Sora and Lee Hyunjin stood in front of the cameras and smiled.
 
“Sora, shall we announce the winning duo from last week?” asked Hyunjin, waving the envelope in the air.
 
Sora giggled. “Deh, I think the watchers will be quite happy to find out who won.”
 
Hyunjin peeled back the flap and took out the sheet of paper. He widened his eyes as if he hadn’t already known who won.
 
“Well, all of you Hottests and Sones, get ready to be happy! The winners were 2PM’s Chansung and SNSD’s Sunny. Good job! We hope to see you on the show, soon!”
 
“Oh, they won! How exciting for them! I loved their group. Shall we review their highlights from last episode?”
 
They’d edit the clip in after so the cameras were turned off to allow for a break. The two MC’s got their next cards, got drinks, and got ready for the cameras to roll again.
 
“Now, we’ll reveal the guests for this week”, said Sora, smiling. A curtain peeled back behind them. There were seven boy idols. Nickhun, Kyuhyun, Junsu, Yoochun, Jaejoong, Changmin, and Yunho all bowed and waved. The girl idols were Suzy and Jia of Miss A, Krystal of f(x), Hyoyeon and Jessica of SNSD, Minzy of 2NE1, Jiyeon of T-ARA, and Luna of Dynamite!. They bowed and waved as well.
 
“We’ve decided to change things up a bit. In fact, this week’s teams were decided by a poll on our website.”
 
“Nickhun and Luna are a team, Hyoyeon and Kyuhyun are a team, Yoochun and Jessica are a team, Junsu and Minzy are a team, Suzy and Krystal are a team, Changmin and Jia are a team, and Yunho and Jaejoong are a team. Please anticipate this episode of Acting School!” shouted Kang Sora.
 
Everyone bowed with great big smiles on their faces. The bell rang to let them know they were clear and immediately Changmin burst into a rage.
 
“BWOH~! Why would you put Yunho and Jaejoong together?”
 
“We didn’t decide who got picked”, said Sora, the smile disappearing from her face.
 
“Oh, I’m so sure. You want higher ratings for ‘Yunjae’. Well, if we just leave the show and you have to replace us then, that’ll definitely get you low ratings”, warned Changmin.
 
Yunho shook his head.
 
“Changmin-ah, I’m fine.”
 
“No, I’m sure everyone here knows what he did to you”, shouted Changmin. Kyuhyun had come to calm down Changmin and was staring angrily at both JYJ and the producers.
 
“Changmin-ah, he didn’t do anything to me”, said Yunho. His voice was calm and soothing. Changmin screamed in anger and stormed off the stage. Kyuhyun followed him and Yunho just shook his head.
 
“Cheolsuhamnida”, he bowed, formally to the rest of the staff and idols.
 
“We can switch the teams”, said a producer, making changes on his script board.
 
“I’m not hurt easily by petty boys and their foolish games. I’m a grown man and although Changmin may think that my former friendship means anything to me now, it doesn’t. We‘ll keep the teams as planned. Business is business.”
 
Yunho turned and walked off the stage to find his dongsaengs.
 
~~~~
 
The pain in Jaejoong’s face was obvious to everyone as Yunho strode off the sound stage. He wasn’t sure what hurt more. The fact that he called what they had a friendship or that he had called him petty and said he was playing games.
 
“Petty boys, ptch…” said Yoochun, rolling his eyes. Junsu nudged him and made a face. Yoochun made one back and the two split off to their other team members.
 
“Yoochun, Junsu, and Jaejoong oppas” called out Krystal. The two turned to see both members of SNSD and Krystal standing in front of them.
 
“We can’t support you openly but we want you to know that we pray that all five of you will be successful in all your endeavors and that you can be one again. Maybe not under SM and maybe not as a group, but as a family”, said Hyoyeon. Jessica and Krystal nodded in agreement.
 
The six exchanged hugs all around and the atmosphere immediately was lightened when Krystal made a joke. Soon, all the idols and MC’s were laughing and enjoying the extended break (because Yunho hadn’t come back with Kyuhyun and Changmin).
 
Jaejoong was nodding to what Nickhun was saying but really thinking of Yunho.
 
“Do you really think he moved on?” he turned to Yoochun and asked. Yoochun shrugged.
 
“You know Yunho. Once he’s determined to do something, he does it. It seems he was determined to move on from you.”
 
Jaejoong winced.
 
“He doesn’t understand everything…” he started.
 
“I know he doesn’t. But, he didn’t care to listen either. We supported you, Changmin supported him. That’s the way things go. I think its time to let go.”
 
“You have your best friend right by your side.”
 
“I miss Changmin and Yunho so much it hurts. I loved them just as much as you did”, said Yoochun, angrily.
 
The exchange was getting attention from other people although no one would quite catch everything they were saying.
 
“You didn’t love him like I did. You have a girlfriend and you have your best friend by your side. You have everything. Don’t give me this bull about moving on”, said Jaejoong, his voice raising at the last sentence.
 
“Jaejoong, calm down. We’re in public for god’s sake”, said Junsu from over by the other group.
 
“What?” said Yoochun. Junsu shook his head.
 
“We’re in front of people that aren’t involved in our affairs. We don’t need a scandal”, said Junsu.
 
“Well, if we don’t have a scandal, DBSK will have one and that’ll include us”, muttered Yoochun under his breath. Jaejoong looked over at him and chuckled. His bad mood was still there but he didn’t want to ruin their reputation. He had to act like it didn’t bother him.
 
“Did you see the way he blew up?” he laughed, carelessly. “Trying to make something out of nothing… Changmin has always had a quite fiery temper.”
 
At that moment, the missing trio returned and immediately Changmin snarled in anger.
 
“This isn’t Twilight. Chill the heck out”, snapped Luna. Her group had debuted recently but she wasn’t afraid to speak her mind. She was sharp, y, and someone to watch, definitely.
 
Changmin rolled his eyes and joined them on the sound stage.
 
“I’m ready to start filming. Let’s stop all this playing around. We’re all idols and we can all act. Act like everything’s fine and we all like each other. This is for our fans who stuck with us through thick and thin no matter what. Unless you’re a former or current member of DBSK, then you have some fans that actually liked the departing or current members more and are now anti’s of the other group. They didn’t stick with you through thick and thin”, said Kyuhyun.
 
Everyone just looked at him and shook their heads in silence. Finally, the PD came over and began to prepare them for filming.
 
~~~More Filming~~~
 
Changmin steered the wheel and began putting along and bumped into an imaginary obstacle. His skit moved on with him steering the plastic black wheel and doing different things. When he was finished, Jia had to guess which category he’d gotten.
 
“Did you have cars?” asked Jia.
 
“Anniya, roadblocks”, said Changmin, matter-of-factly. Jia face palmed and apologized. Changmin laughed and shook his head. “It’s okay. We’ll get the next one…”
 
“No, you won’t. We’re moving onto a different game’, explained HyunJin. Everyone got back to their director’s chairs and waited for the game to be explained.
 
“The losing teams from this game are Changmin and Jia, Hyoyeon and Kyuhyun, and Suzy and Krystal. The teams that will play are Nickhun and Luna, Yunho and Jaejoong, Yoochun and Jessica, and Junsu and Minzy”, announced Sora.
 
“Now, the losing teams will each pick a category one at a time. Without any time to prepare, you will have to adlib your way through. Each round our judges will grade you. The two highest scoring teams will face off in the final round.”
 
The first topic was hate. Yoochun and Jessica did a funny skit about their hate of eating vegetables, Junsu and Minzy did a skit of Junsu’s hate of taking Minzy shopping, and Luna and Nickhun did a skit about their mutual hate of Taecyeon of 2PM.
 
Luna and Nick Skit
Luna: Do you know Taecyeon?”
Nickhun: HATE TAECYEON. Wait, sorry, that was rude. Were you saying something about him?
Luna: Just that I hate him.
Nickhun: Me too. Whenever I hear his name, that slips out. I just hate him.
Luna: What a coincidence since he’s the worst dancer I’ve ever seen in my life.
Nickhun: Yeah, he’s in my group. He thinks he’s all that because our leader left us. Ptchh, he’s not. He irks my nerves.
Luna: Mine, too. We should really plot to kill him.
 
The skit was engaging, funny, and cute. It was made cuter by a disclaimer made by both Luna and Nickhun at the end.
 
“We’re kidding, Taecyeon oppa. Saranghae-yoo!” said Luna, making a cute heart.
 
“I love you, Taec”, promised Nickhun, winking. The two made a heart with their hands and bowed.
 
The judges laughed and got to work scoring.
 
As the competition went on, the judges laughed at the cheesy skits done by Luna and Nickhun. They were also intrigued at the interesting chemistry between Yunho and Jaejoong.
 
“Our two highest scoring teams are Nickhun and Luna & Yunho and Jaejoong. Congratulations! Our last skit is going to be one chosen by the judges.”
 
He pointed to the judges and the main one spoke up, “We’re interested in seeing how each group takes the subject: LOVE.”
 
A/N: I promised no cliff hangers, didn't I? Keke. It's Saturday morning, almost 1 am, at my time. I've posted Chapter 2 and 3 all at once. I'm quite proud of myself, too. I'll probably upload tomorrow, too. I haven't decided whether to take Jaejoong and Yunho's relationship in the romantic region or not. Junsu and Yoochun both have girlfriends and I think Changmin might have one too.