Chapter 13

When It's Time to Let Go

A/N: Almost six chapters were destroyed in the database failure. I'm really sorry about this. I will work to update this as soon as possible. I thought I had lost everything and had started to edit. I will continue this and upload the edited version once the story is complete. I have lost subscribers and comments because of the server failure which is really upsetting for me. You may not be subscribed so make sure to re-subscribe if needed.

 

Changmin paced back and forth in front of the practice room. He'd been in there for almost four hours, sweating and working to get the moves down right. It was much harder working with a stunt double that was not Yunho. He rubbed a hand through his hair and sighed. But, back to the point, he was waiting for a call.
 
Suddenly, his phone rang. He answered it quickly, without checking the caller ID.
 
"Did you find him?" he barked into the phone. "I told you to---"
 
He was interuppted by the voice on the line, "Did I find who? What are you talking about Changmin?"
 
"Hyung", Changmin sighed in both relief and disappointment. "I thought you were the private investigator I hired to find Yunho."
 
Jaejoong coughed on the other end. "Well, that's nice. Anyway, my doctor says I can get out of bed, have people over, get back to work. Why don't you come over? I've already called Junsu and Yoochun. They're coming by in a bit, around 7."
 
"Uh, sure, sure. That sounds good. I'll be there at 7. That's in--" He checked his watch. "That is in 3 hours. I will definitely be there. I'll bring the ice cream so don't worry about that. I'll see you then."
 
"Alright, see you. And, uh, don't worry so much about Yunho. If he wanted to be with us--- I mean you, he'd be here. He's not worth it."
 
"Hyung, is that really you? This... coming from the guy who almost killed himself because of him?" Changmin scoffed.
 
Jaejoong sighed. "Yeah, I know, I'm stupid. I get it. But, I've learned from my mistake."
 
"I didn't mean it that way. You're not---"
 
"Yeah, I know. I'll see you later, okay?"
 
The phone call ended and Changmin sighed in frustration. He pocketed his phone and leaned back against the doorjamb.
 
He needed to talk to his private investigator. He also needed to talk with Youngmin to help him find Yunho. He watched as rookies passed hiim on their way to practice. He doubted they could help him with anything he needed. Finally, he saw someone he knew something: Jessica.
 
"Jess", he called out. Jessica turned and looked at him. She smiled and sauntered over, her heavily made up eyes blinking innocently. She popped her gum and blew a bubble.
 
"Whats up, Min?" she asked. She didn't wait for him to answer. "Ya heard about Youngmin? Apparently, he's like dying or something. Apparently, his heart's been failing for a while now and he had to be hospitalized like last week. We're not sure when he'll be back. It's so crazy."
 
Changmin smirked. He could always count on Jessica to give what he needed without him asking.
 
Just then, his phone rang. It was his investigator.