Chapter 48

When It's Time to Let Go

short. pretty much a filler but it will make sense for the next chapter. about three chapters left?

 

“A couple months ago, I got a job offer in Liberia to provide medical aid and fresh water wells.I was really conflicted about it for a while. But, I’ve decided to take it. I’m not going to ask you to wait for me because I honestly don’t know if you can. I know you love me but I also know that you love Yunho a lot more. So, I’m helping you make the choice by letting go first.”


“Jae, look at me”, Jason whispered. His voice had been clear and calm throughout his speech and it continued to be now.


“So, you’re leaving me?” said Jaejoong, finally looking up.


“Jaejoong. Are you really trying to guilt trip me right now? You can’t do this one thing for me. You won’t just let me save face and go. I’m already as hurt as it gets” said Jason, incredulously.


Jaejoong didn’t even bother to mention that he had been planning to break up with Jason tonight. He just couldn’t believe he was being dumped.


----------------------------------------------------

“Do you have to leave today? You just got here two days ago”, complained Changmin.


Jason smiled, slightly.


“I’ve already settled things in Korea. You know Delaney? I met with her while I was there to sign over the lease to my officetel. We were friends at one point so I figured I’d do that for her. And now, I’m headed to Cali to meet with my parents before I leave.”


“We’ll miss you. You were great to Jaejoong”, offered Yoochun with a sad smile. Junsu nodded in agreement.


Jason smiled back and bowed. The three boys bowed back and with urging from Yoochun, went back into the house.


“Jason, thanks”, said Yunho, leaning on his crutches.


“You shouldn’t even have come down here”, complained Jason, shaking his head.


“It doesn’t matter. I just wanted to say thanks. It’s not my right to say that, I guess. But, you’ve done everything to help Jaejoong and for that, I will be eternally grateful.”


“Mm. No problem”, Jason said, nodding. He got into the taxi cab and looked forward. The car started up and rode down the street, leaving behind a silent Yunho.


-------------------------------------------


“We’re DBSK and thank you for having us!” shouted Yunho, smiling brightly.

He was back on his feet, now. His leg had healed quite nicely and he had done the majority of their dances without trouble. Now, they were greeting the fans before going back into the remainder of the concert.


“This is our last concert here in America and before our Seoul Encore”, said Junsu with a smile.


Yoochun nodded and replied, “Yes. Do we have some big information concerning our Seoul Encore for the fans?”


“Yes, we do. We have several new songs and performances to show you all. We hope that you will look forward to them with anticipation”, said Changmin, bowing.


“Because you all are so far from Seoul, we will allow the fans to stream the concert LIVE from the DBSK/SMTOWN website. If you have not already registered an account, we ask that you do so. We will have a live fanchat an hour before the concert where we will reveal other information”, Jaejoong recited, nodding and smiling.


Yunho nodded in agreement.


“That’s it. We’re really glad that you allowed us into your country and treated us so well. Thank you so much, Cassioepia. You are our heart and inspiration.”


Tears streamed down their faces as the opening notes to ‘Mirotic’ began to play through the sound system.