Chapter 25

When It's Time to Let Go

 

The private practice room wasn’t even in the SM building. It was an old dance studio that they had rented out so that DBSK could practice as one without meddlesome third parties. No one at the company save the managers and the interim-president knew about DBSK’s re-debut.
 
Currently, the five boys were practicing for Let’s Go. They went into formation: a star. The choreographer started the music and immediately Jaejoong went into action. He began moving, fluidly and easily. Soon, Yunho joined.
 
One by one, the boys all fell into step and began doing the dance routine they’d been performing for almost a month. It was only the sixth time they’d practiced all together, though.
 
After practice, they all sat in a circle and guzzled down waters while the manager informed them of their plan for the debut.
 
“The two choreographers have already been dropping hints of working on songs. The choreographer we assigned to JYJ has only been taking pictures of three pairs of feet and the choreographer assigned to Changmin and Yunho has only taken pictures of two pairs of feet. We’ve got a showcase prepared for in a couple days. It will be on April 2nd. At that time, we will start with a performance of Together Again. That will easily inform people that DBSK has re-formed. Then, you’ll answer the questions. Here’s the type of questions that we’re allowing to be asked, please think of what you will answer.”
 
They all nodded as they took the lists and surveyed them.
 
“Well, I think that is it for that. Yunho, you need to come in and record your vocals. Everyone else is already done. The day after the showcase, the album will come out. So, please work on your vocals. We expect Inkigayo, Music Bank, and Music Core to invite us. We also expect to be called to some variety shows.”
 
“Yunho, are you ready?” he asked, finally.
 
Yunho nodded and followed the manager out.
 
The other four boys got off the ground, dusted themselves off, and got right back to work.
 
The crowd was buzzing with anticipation. There were reporters and fans alike in the audience at the DBSK fancase. Girls were aching to get a glimpse of their Changmin and Yunho oppas. Some DB5K’ers were chanting, “Dong Bang O Ki” and “YunJae” loudly although no one was yet on stage.
 
Suddenly, the room dimmed and dry ice began filtering out onto the stage. A voice came on and everyone knew it was beginning.
 
Yunho (spoken): We’ve got a surprise for you. Get ready, get ready. Come on!
 
[Changmin and Yunho rises from underneath the stage on platforms and walk forward]
 
Changmin: Its been a while since I saw your face
And I can't say that I didn't miss you
I have been waiting for this moment for a while
 
Yunho: I won't lie and say that
I've been doing just fine,
that I didn't shed a tear
 
Both: But, that doesn't matter now
 
[Yoochun comes from stage right and takes a place next to Changmin and Yunho Immediately, screams come from the crowd and throughout the audience, red lights began to turn on]
 
Yoochun: We're together again
Me and you, we're forever best friends
 
All Three: We're together again
Don't worry about tomorrow, I'll be by your side
We're together again
 
[Junsu comes from stage left while they’re singing and walks to stand near Yunho]
Junsu: I worry if I'm taking things too fast
But, baby, I just gotta make the moments last
And I won't let another person take you from me
I will never ever ever set you free
 
[Jaejoong enters through entrance doors in the back of the auditorium and walks up to the stage]
 
ALL: We're together again
Me and you, we're best friends
We're together again
Five stars shining bright in an ocean of red
We're together again
 
Yoochun (rapping): Cassiopiea, listen up. Oppas never gonna leave ya again. We'll keep fighting to the end. Nothing will break us apart. Dong Bang O Ki, here's to a fresh start.
 
ALL: We're together again
Me and you, we're forever best friends
We're together again
Don't worry about tomorrow, I'll be by your side
We're together again
 
The five boys grabbed hands and bowed 90 degrees to their fans. By then, the auditorium was an ocean of red. Fans were chanting all types of different things. Like, ‘Yunjae’ or ‘Dong Bang O Ki’.
 
The boys bowed again and went back stage. The host, a smiling Eric Moon, quickly introduced the showcase.
 
“Annyeonnghaseyo. Eric Moon-mnida. I’ll be hosting the showcase for the DBSK full album, Together Again.”
 
The five boys were seated at the table and ready to take questions. They came rapid fire with questions about the future and about their album. It was all pretty easy for a while. Then, the hard questions came.
 
“Why did JYJ leave but HoMin did not?” asked one reporter.
 
“Well, next question…” said Changmin, loudly.
 
“No, maybe they should answer?” said Yunho, chewing his lip.
 
“They? As in us?” asked Junsu, his eyes growing wide. Changmin rolled his eyes and said, “Obviously, hyung.”
 
“Oh, okay… Yoochun.” said Junsu, taking a sip of water.
 
Yoochun began laughing, loudly. “Jaejoong-ah…”
 
Jaejoong sighed and turned to the lady who had asked the question, “We left because we felt that the contracts were unfair and we had many problems with things that we wanted to pursue. The way that SM was treating us wasn’t okay. Changmin and Yunho did not feel the same way as we did. We were selfish in the fact that we wanted our freedoms more than we wanted to keep our family together… Or at least, I was.”
 
“I was, too”, said Yoochun, nodding.
 
“I wasn’t. I was just following Yoochun”, said Junsu, nodding his head, solemnly. The fan girls began to coo and scream.
 
Yoochun rolled his eyes, forcing a laugh.
 
“I think that answers everything. Please, let’s not look too much into the past any longer”, said Yunho, with a smile.
 
“Alright… Is it true that Jaejoong attempted suicide a couple months ago?” asked another reporter.
 
Yunho began laughing, “Wow, you people are vicious. We can’t get a break. Scandal after scandal.”
 
“Is it true?” insisted the reporter.
 
Jaejoong just smiled. “I’m generally a happy person. So, I don’t think that’s that the type of thing I would do. Do you?”
 
It wasn’t a direct answer, the reporter noticed. But, he didn’t press any further.
 
“But, why did you rejoin the group?” asked another reporter.
 
Yunho leaned forward and spoke this time, “Our former contracts were all voided and new ones were made up. We reviewed everything with open minds and with the information that we gained from the previous departure. We were able to finalize the contracts right before Youngmin’s death.”
 
“With a new CEO coming in, is it possible that groups like Super Junior will receive their members back?”
 
“At this point, that’s not something we can answer. Super Junior’s members left for their own reasons. We’re a different group”, said Yunho coldly and finally.
 
The showcase went on with questions and discussions about the future.
 
 
A/N: If you'll bear with me, I have a really good Yunjae idea coming up. I just have to bring the story to that point. So, like one more chapter and then Yunjae galore. :)
 
Comment Replies
 
@BananasForJae- It's great.  I'm watching Full House with Rain for the first time, too. Changmin's last line is adorable. He needs someone to love.
@Skyblaze77- Changmin's too cute. And wow, you're right about Jaejoong... But, while Yunho and Jaejoong were broken up, Yunho was actually having numerous one-night stands which is briefly hinted at in an earlier chapter.
@hanaseka47- Haha. Changmin's adorable. I'll try to keep updating regularly.
@Caribbeanpop17- Jaja, Voldemin is daebak.
@proudtobe-ELFandCass- Haha, no. Share how much you hate Jason, I love it. Everytime I see your Jason bashing comments, I laugh. And no, everyone knows why Yoochun is acting like that. Everyone can tell that YooSu likes each other.
@hjonghyun- Obviously, Yunho just got back. I haven't put any JasJae in that chapter. It was mainly DBSK.
@Sarah_OT5- Changmin's so cute. YunJae time is definitely in order.
@laifshadia- Kamsamnida! :) Changmin's so fun. <3
@laifshadia- Thanks! Yeah, Changmin's a real cute pabo.
@Crazygurll77- Ohh my goodness, thanks! This comment just made me so happy. :) ^^