Chapter 44

When It's Time to Let Go

Jaejoong could hear the water turning on and tried to ignore what that meant. It  meant that he was , showering. Rubbing suds over his muscled body. He closed his eyes but that just heightened the intensity of his imaginations. So, he opened them and began whispering underneath his breath, “Youngmin. Ahjussi. Fermented dog poop flavored kimchi. Wrinkly skin. Dirty fingernails.”

He needed to get away. He picked himself off the bed and threw his jacket on over his  t-shirt. He picked up his cell phone, shoved it into his pocket, and made his way out of the hotel suite.

“Where’s Jaejoong?”  asked Yunho, rubbing a white towel messily threw his auburn hair. He had another towel slung low on his hips. He had come into the  suite that was being shared by Changmin and Junsu where Yoochun was always seen at as well.

“I think he went to the dance studio”, explained Yoochun, with a shrug.

“Seriously... He is going to work himself to death doing that”, complained Yunho, sighing.

Jaejoong often locked himself in the studio, working to perfect the moves until early morning. He’d come in, without eating, and fall asleep for about five hours before he had to getup again for the day’s schedule. It irked Yunho to no end because he could see Jaejoong ‘s exhaustion.

Halfway through their tour, the boys were now in the Midwest. preparing to play stages in Kansas City and Chicago before hitting the Northeast and then finishing in New York. They had just finished their first Kansas City stage and then would have the second one the next night and then they’d have a four day break before heading to Chicago. The four day break would be spent in St. Louis,  MO. THe same state that Kansas City was in.

“Where’s the practice room this time? Is it in the hotel or ---?”

The sleeping arrangements were kind of complicated.  When they were stopped for a concert, they stayed in the hotel while the  tour buses were restocked with fuel, foods, and drained and cleaned. While they were traveling in between concerts, they stayed on the buses, taking hour long breaks at rest stops, restaurants, and other places. The driver was switched out at every rest stop. The practice room would either be in a vacant bus  or if they were stopped, it was in a  vacant conference room at the hotel.

“Conference room 5. It’s on the first floor, of course hyung”, answered  Junsu. Yunho nodded in thanks and made his way back into his connecting room that he shared with Yoochun. He needed to get dressed so he could join his hyung in the practice room. They needed to go over the choreo from ‘Humanoids’ anyway. Or at least, thats what Yunho would use as his excuse.
Yunho slipped on a comfortable cotton shirt, grey sweatpants, and his Nikes before grabbing his phone, wallet, and pulling on a cap, face mask, and sunglasses. He walked through the hall, waving briefly at the people who were making their way to the rooms. He saw some girls that he recognized from the concert last night and slipped his mask down to give them a brief smile for their cameras. They squealed in delight and thanked him as he nodded and continued on his way. Finally, he made it to the conference room that had been made up for their dance routines. He opened the door and stepped inside, closing it quietly.

I Don’t Need a Man by Miss A was  playing in the background as Jaejoong danced. The man’s eyes were closed as his body moved in rhythm to the music. He was doing the choreography from Miss A which was quite amusing to Yunho.

When the song was over, Jaejoong opened his eyes and whirled around in shock, catching glimpse of Yunho standing and watching from the door. He started to make his way over to the other man saying, “Yunho-ssi. What are you doing here? You should be resting.”

“So should you”, replied Yunho, meeting the other halfway. They stood an inch apart, staring at each other. Neither saying a word to break the tension that had arose.

“Want to learn this dance?” teased Jaejoong, finally. Yunho breathed a sigh of relief and chuckled.

“Bring it on. I am a professional at girl group dances”, he teased back.

“You’ve been hanging out with Heechul hyung a lot then?” said Jaejoong back, smirking.

The two got into position and Jaejoong began doing the steps, urging Yunho to follow behind. After one turn of watching and mimicking, Yunho was sure that he knew enough to dance along. He went into the moves and the two danced together, goofily.

“Boy don’t say ‘I am your future. Lean and trust on me, no no.”, sang Yunho in an admonishing tone to Jaejoong. Jaejoong couldn’t help the guffaw that left his mouth.

“Haha. What?!? I wouldn’t ever be the one to say that. I am the one who always trusts and leans on you”, laughed Jaejoong. His head was starting to hurt and his ribs ached. He wouldn’t let Yunho see his weakness, though.

Casually, Jaejooong plopped onto the ground, ignoring the twinge of pain that racked through his bones. He grabbed up his water bottle and took a deep swig, feeling a relief in his burning throat. He was exhausted.

“You’re right. Jaejoong, are you okay? I haven’t seen you eat for days. Don’t tell me you’re going back to your old ways”, said Yunho, his voice growing seriously.

“No, I’m fine, Yunho. I just need some rest. I cannot wait for this two day break. All I’m going to do is sleep. Don’t let me do anything else those days, alright?”

His voice was growing distant and his eyes began to flutter close. Yunho crawled over to him and placed his hand to the other’s forehead. It is was warm, but not burning up. Aish, this man couldn’t take care of himself...just like a child.

Jaejoong opened his eyes to the chatter of voices. He was somewhere unfamiliar. He sat up, stretching his arms out. With a cursory glance around the room, he discovered that he was in the room that Yunho stayed. The bed smelled like Yunho’s shampoo and his jeans were thrown on the foot of the bed. He didn’t usually feel this relaxed or relieved when he woke up. What time was it? He looked around for his phone, it was on the desktop next to the bed. He turned it on and realized that it was 10am in the time of the state he was in.

He jumped out of bed, pulling on his discarded sweats and hoodie, rushing through the connecting door and was stopped short when he saw the other four members sitting around a table, eating and talking.

“Finally. We thought you were never going to wake, Sleeping Beauty”, joked Junsu.

“Yeah, thought we’d have to send Prince Yunho in after you”, chuckled Changmin.

Yunho rolled his eyes at his dongsaengs and then looked at Jaejoong, worry in his eyes.

“I feel great. I need a shower, though. I’m going to get my clothes”, explained Jaejoong, with a quick smile.

“Oh we already packed everything and took it to the bus. But, Yoochun and Yunho still haven’t packed. See if you can borrow something from them?” suggested Changmin.

“Okay, I’m going to go through your clothes”, called Jaejoong over his shoulder as he turned around and went back into the room.

What had happened last night between him and Yunho? Had they kissed? Or done something more... Jaejoong wasn’t sore so he figured they hadn’t done anything far. But, something had happened, he was sure of it.

Inside the room, Jaejoong hopped into the shower first. He showered quickly and then went to go look for some clothes. In Yoochun’s clothes, he found a pair of sweats that had adjustable strings that he could pull into fit his slim figure. From Yunho’s bag, he grabbed sunglasses, a face mask, a NY Mets cap, and a hoodie. He dressed quickly, switched his wallet and phone into the new pants, and then went to join s.

“I finished packing your clothes and cleaned your room. All you have to do is take your bags into the van”, explained Jaejoong, sitting down in the couch beside Changmin and accepting a plate of food.

“How was your sleep last night, hyung?” asked Yoochun, cheekily.

“I don’t really remember. It was good, I suppose. I don’t remember waking up from restlessness. How was yours?”, replied Jaejoong carefully.

“It was great. Except I could hear some moans from the other bed so....”

“Oh no , you didn’t”, retorted Yunho. He turned to Jae and explained, “He stayed in here with Changmin and Junsu. Ignore him. He’s an idiot.”

Jaejoong nodded slowly, shoveling another forkful of kimchi into his mouth.

“Have you heard from Jason?” asked Changmin, suddenly.

Jaejoong looked down at his lap, setting his food aside. He shook his head. “No, he’s been really busy in Seoul. I thought he was going to come back but he said he had too many surgeries and clients to finalize  and that he’d be here as soon as he had transferred them all over to their new  resident doctors.”

“Oh”, said Changmin, not adding anything else.

“Alright, we have to be at the  stage by three for soundcheck and the concert starts at 5. After that, we are going to have a quick fansign and then we’re going to get on the road around 10 and we’ll be headed on a four hour drive to this place we’re going to be staying for four days at a rehab spa.”

“Sounds good. So, what are we going to do during these four hours of free time?” asked Changmin.

“We can go out into the public and meet up with some fans. Or, you can stay in the bus and rest.”

“Let’s go out for two hours and then spend the last two hours at the bus resting”, suggested Yoochun. No one had any arguments so the five boys called for a car and went to wait in the lobby.
In the lobby, their fans were waiting outside. They made sure to smile and wave before getting into the van and heading to the nearest shopping mall.

“Oppa, look over here! Oppa, can I have a picture? Signujusaeyo, oppa?”

The shouts from the fangirls were loud and actually quite obnoxious but the boys did their best to be accommodating. It wasn’t everyday that they got to meet international fans.  Inside the shopping mall, they were pursued lightly by some persistent fans. Every time, they were accosted for a photo or autograph, the boys stopped without complaining and signed and took the picture.

“Jaejoong oppa, come here”, called one fan, she yanked at his arm to pull him closer.

“Yah, let go of him. Are you crazy?” yelled another fan.

“I just want to get a picture”, pouted the first girl.

“It doesn’t matter. Don’t tug at him like that. Unhand him.”

The second fan tore the girl’s arm off of Jaejoong. The first fan angrily pushed the girl back, sending her flying into Yunho who went toppling down, bringing the fan with him. A sharp thud could be heard and Yunho screamed.

“My leg!” he shouted.

The fan immediately attempted to stand up off of him but she collapsed back to the ground, her own leg unable to bear her weight.

“Someone call an ambulance”, said Jaejoong, anxiously.

“Yunho-ssi, are you okay? Tell me where it hurts”, he whispered, the other’s hair. He turned to the fan who had landed on Yunho and said, “Thank you for trying to help me. Are you okay, too?”

She nodded, “I think my leg is broken. I’m so clumsy. Jeongmal chuseyo, oppa.” Her eyes began to fill with tears and Jaejoong sighed, patting her comfortingly on the back.

The paramedics pushed through, setting to work to assess the damage and begin for transportation to the nearest hospital.

“Annyeonghaseyo, everyone! How’s it going tonight? We’re Dong Bang Shin Ki. Today, we won’t have Yunho-ssi joining us as he is in the hospital. He only has a sprained ankle though and will be back to performing with us at the next concert.”

All the fans booed and cried as Jaejoong explained. But, once they got back to performing, everyone was back to their energetic selves, enjoying the concert.

“You’ll only need a week to recover”, said Jaejoong, sitting on the chair across from the couch that Yunho was set upon.

“Yeah, thankfully, I wasn’t hurt too badly. But, the fan that landed on me broke her leg!” exclaimed Yunho.

“I know. We gave her a merch basket and signed autographs and we all took a picture with her, remember?” piped up Junsu.

Yunho sighed and nodded, “Yeah, But, I still feel bad.”

"I want to punch that girl who caused it all", complained Junsu, angrily.

Jaejoong nodded. "She left a bruise on my arm. Is she crazy? All she had to do was wait her turn and I would have taken a picture with her."

"JYJ does have some pretty crazy saesangs", noted Changmin.

"Haff. TVXQ has just as crazy fans!" retorted Yoochun.

"Now, now, boys. Let's not do this fighting thing. Everyone just chill. We're going to be in our destination in a couple hours. Everyone just go to your room, get your stuff prepared, and try to get some rest."

 

 

 

 

 

 

merry christmas!

Hey everyone! Guess what? Two days ago,23rd of December, was my 16th birthday! How exciting is that? I wanted to post on my actual birthday but I was busy and didn't get a chance to. For Christmas, I got a new laptop so I will be able to post a lot more, hopefully! I want to have this story ended by early January and that way I can start on the sequel. The sequel will be short, though. I'm also working on an AU!Bigbang (GTOP, TaeRi) fic that I'd like for you guys to read. I'm hoping that will be short, too. I don't want any of my stories to ever turn into a monster like this one! I'd like also to stop writing angst and write some fluff, school life stuff. I hope that you guys will support me in that since I'm not all that good at angst, anyway. Anyway, thanks so much for reading with me since I started this story. I don't even remember when the date of when I started this story is. A long time ago... Early this year, I would think. Now, it is almost to a close. I have kept it going on long enough. The ending may be a little rushed, but I promise you will all like it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPVOTE. I'd rather you upvote than comment or subscribe. I'd like to get my story on the front page. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.... Anyway, thanks for reading and have a great holiday season.

 

cazine